Mercedes AMG F1 W06

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Moose

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W06

Chuckjr wrote:Regardless, can anyone elucidate how this hard as rock anti-dive is accomplished while the pushrod is immediately moving again the moment a corner is engaged even if the driver is still braking? How is this accomplished passively? Is it simply anti-dive geometry, or are passive hydraulics involved? I'm sorry if this is a rudimentary question. I just was taken by the lack of any movement whatsoever despite the very hard braking.
I don't see anything particularly unusual here. Unless I'm missing something, to me, it looks like the suspension is fully compressed on the kemmel straight, and remains fully compressed while breaking. It then uncompresses on only one side as he enter's Les Combes. I don't see any anti dive going on - just suspension that's already compressed from the high aero load on the straight.

misterbeam

Anyone has an idea on what kind of ride heights they are running ? i'd say like 20 mm F / 100 mm R but i am not so sure about the rear.

I'd like to hear your opinions :)

Aaronque

ImageImage

PlatinumZealot

This car might be used again for next year with only slight modifications.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan

The attention to detail in the front aero package is stunning. And presumably why they seem to struggle when in traffic. It certainly looks like they are aiming for very defined airflow structures under the side pods.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Webber2011

In this pic what is wrapped around the stay connected to the diffuser ?

Is that just tire debris or some such ?

SiLo

They could be going for a Red Bull esque era where they simply continue to develop the same car because its already so fast. No need to do anything drastic each year to try and catch up. Just got to do enough to stay ahead of the game.
Felipe Baby!

i70q7m7ghw

Moose wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:Regardless, can anyone elucidate how this hard as rock anti-dive is accomplished while the pushrod is immediately moving again the moment a corner is engaged even if the driver is still braking? How is this accomplished passively? Is it simply anti-dive geometry, or are passive hydraulics involved? I'm sorry if this is a rudimentary question. I just was taken by the lack of any movement whatsoever despite the very hard braking.
I don't see anything particularly unusual here. Unless I'm missing something, to me, it looks like the suspension is fully compressed on the kemmel straight, and remains fully compressed while breaking. It then uncompresses on only one side as he enter's Les Combes. I don't see any anti dive going on - just suspension that's already compressed from the high aero load on the straight.
If it was fully compressed, how is it able to compress further on the loaded side through the corners? :wtf:

EDIT: Just watched it again and placed my cursor on part of the pushrod for reference, it's definitely not "full compressed", it hardly changes down the straight, only through the corners.

MercAMGF1Fans

https://twitter.com/AlessandroSala1/sta ... 7801199616 New Sidepods?
or just the new Decals?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Very short chord flaps on the merc

Via @ScarbsF1
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

atlantis

Is that a larger nosecone or just my bad eyes?

Sniffit

atlantis wrote:Is that a larger nosecone or just my bad eyes?
Unless they also changed all the stickers on it, it is the same size.