Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

lower inflation pressure - to get the tyre riding curbs even better ? etc etc

a borderline standing wave is ok, beyond that it's not
tricky to keep it borderline though

bhall II
bhall II

Very tricky, I guess. :lol:

f300v10
f300v10

I remember seeing similar standing waves on Michelin rears back in 2003. This is not the best shot of it, but you can see it on the left rear outer sidewall

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

They even provided a solid model of their tyre with the standing waves embedded for static wind tunnel use. Spinning the tyre is important on the front. But at the rear the standing wave shape in the critical floor area was preferred.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

f1316
f1316

Which is exactly what led to the rule clarification before Monza 2003, I believe - something which some believe hindered Michelin-shod cars by preventing this larger contact patch.

Anyway, I guess that's way off the Ferrari SF15-T topic.

zioture
zioture

GPR-A duplicate2

Quick curves poison for Ferrari?
Ferrari was not the second force behind Mercedes at Spa. The silver arrows were missing from the training 1.7 seconds. Vettel came with errors only on the eighth position. "With a perfect lap I made maybe two places continue it forward."

Thus a force India would still have a Williams, a Lotus and a Red Bull been faster than Ferrari number one. All four have made a significant leap forward in the last few weeks.
The second statement though would be an aberration with respect to Williams and Lotus, but Red Bull having made step forward is very clear with their performances in both Hungary and Spa.

With gap being so large to the leaders, I wonder what Ferrari are going to focus on? 2016 or 2017.

giantfan10
giantfan10

GPR-A wrote:Quick curves poison for Ferrari?
Ferrari was not the second force behind Mercedes at Spa. The silver arrows were missing from the training 1.7 seconds. Vettel came with errors only on the eighth position. "With a perfect lap I made maybe two places continue it forward."

Thus a force India would still have a Williams, a Lotus and a Red Bull been faster than Ferrari number one. All four have made a significant leap forward in the last few weeks.
The second statement though would be an aberration with respect to Williams and Lotus, but Red Bull having made step forward is very clear with their performances in both Hungary and Spa.

With gap being so large to the leaders, I wonder what Ferrari are going to focus on? 2016 or 2017.
All that i have seen in the past GP is how much better the Mercedes PU is than any other Pu in the field. Period. lotus and force india didnt make any step forward even though that seems to be the fashionable thing to be posted.
on some tracks (brittish gp,Spa, Monza) where engine power is more important than chassis the cars with the best engine and average chassis are actually competitive.... when F1 goes back to tracks where downforce is needed then we will see the usual order of things

Wattie
Wattie

Anybody knows what this was all about? Looks like F14T, and it's NA.

https://www.facebook.com/f1grandprix.it ... 9640432704

zioture
zioture

Photos Italian GP TODAY

PlatinumZealot

Do I spy the engine update? :o
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Drica

Wattie wrote:Anybody knows what this was all about? Looks like F14T, and it's NA.

Wow, that is weird... If only the video was better

zioture
zioture

others photos here

Complete gallery
http://www.newsf1.it/photo-gallery-monza-martedi/

Vary
Vary

Wattie wrote:Anybody knows what this was all about? Looks like F14T, and it's NA.

The video description says it a "triposto", a three seats car... Probably just for some events with fans

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

According to Gazzetta:
-Ferrari will spend 3 tokens for new power unit in Monza
-The Ferrari PU runs almost every week at the dynamic bench of the AVL (in Graz) and at the two dynamic benches in Maranello

Leo Turrini has said that James Allison has renewed his contract until 2018.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…