Prize money if Red Bull leaves???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jmfdvm

Prize money if Red Bull leaves???

I RBR and SRT don't race next year, what happens to the money they would have received. Does it get distributed to all teams equally, to the lower rank teams who are moved up two spots, or do CVC and Bernie keep it?

Henne

Re: Prize money if Red Bull leaves???

That last thing is most likely to happen ;)

Other teams won't go up the ladder since Red Bull & SRT will be classified in that years ranking.

i70q7m7ghw

CVC and Bernie keep it, exactly the same situation has Manor last year, nobody gets their prize money.

ChrisF1

Diesel wrote:CVC and Bernie keep it, exactly the same situation has Manor last year, nobody gets their prize money.
I thought Manor got 18/19ths of it?

Moose

ChrisF1 wrote:
Diesel wrote:CVC and Bernie keep it, exactly the same situation has Manor last year, nobody gets their prize money.
I thought Manor got 18/19ths of it?
In the end, yes. Bernie did his absolute best to make sure that they couldn't show up to any races, and hence couldn't be given the prize money though.

SectorOne

They not only keep it, they get "prize money" from Red Bull since they signed a contract saying they would be on the grid until 2020 or something like that.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"