2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MrCelroy

Re: 2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

NathanOlder wrote:I hope its Wehrlien and Rossi. [-o<
Now all we need is for Rossi to confirm.
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

hemichromis

No one keen on Will Stevens for the second seat?

NathanOlder

What will be interesting is , if Manor pull out all the stops and produce the best chassis they have managed in the last 6 years, coupled with the most competitive PU they have ever had and Pascal to have a first year like Max.V.
Then we see Nico beaten easily by Lewis again , What would Mercedes do for 2017!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

BanMeToo

As you all can see on Autosport right now, Manor will get some use out of the Merc windtunnel as part of Wehrlien deal. Things are all shaping up for them a little bit, will be great if they can challenge the second-last team this year.

f1316

hemichromis wrote:No one keen on Will Stevens for the second seat?
Please God no. Rossi was immediately faster when he jumped into a car Stevens had been driving all year. Anyone but Stevens.

hemichromis

f1316 wrote:
hemichromis wrote:No one keen on Will Stevens for the second seat?
Please God no. Rossi was immediately faster when he jumped into a car Stevens had been driving all year. Anyone but Stevens.
I'm with you! I just had to ask the question

cbbcisace

http://topskor.co.id/racing/news/14/for ... nor-racing

Manor management i.e Abdulla Bouisen, man on the left has arrived to talk with Rio, maybe some news soon?

FW17

Does Pascal Wehrlein has the eligibility for a super license? If I am right he is short by 24 points.

2012 - Euro F3 - 2nd - 30 points
2013 - F3 Euro - 14th - No points
2013 - DTM - 22nd - No points
2014 - DTM - 8th - 1 point
2015 - DTM - 1st - 15 points

Maybe rules have changed.

ME4ME

Wehrlein has 16 FIA F1 superlicence points. That leaves him short of the 40 required to qualify a licence, however the FIA has relaxed its rules allowing drivers who previously obtained a superlicence to hold one this year. In 2014 Wehrlein covered over 500km in a 2012-specification Mercedes F1 car, which was enough to earn a superlicence at the time.
From F1fanatic

1nver

Everyone knows merhi is the best, but yeah, he doesnt have sponsor...

XRayF1

BanMeToo wrote:As you all can see on Autosport right now, Manor will get some use out of the Merc windtunnel as part of Wehrlien deal. Things are all shaping up for them a little bit, will be great if they can challenge the second-last team this year.
Would be great - but where does all the money come from?
I mean, not some 15 months ago they were bust in the worst imaginable way.

New investors were found (or at least the old ones put a lot of (new) money in it) in 2015, and they paid some debts ... and now it comes ... perfected a MercPU deal (usually worth some 15-20m), did a deal with Williams re the back end of the new car (which I would assume does not come cheap either), had to recruit a lot of new people (which costs a lot of money) ... and didn't they have to sell their factory - which means to buy completely new infrastructure to just maintain an F1 car ... and so on ...

I mean, I would like them to succeed, but I am scratching my head over this piece of info, as I can't see them to be able to sustain such money influx - can they?

adrianjordan

For starters they now earn a significant chunk of FIA income (compared to before) thanks to their points in 2014 so any subsequent investment will go further...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

XRayF1

adrianjordan wrote:For starters they now earn a significant chunk of FIA income (compared to before) thanks to their points in 2014 so any subsequent investment will go further...
Of course they get FOM's money for being 10th overall.
However, this did not prevent them going bust in 2014.
please see http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118955

So even if they got, say 10 million more due to more races etc., the rest of the spending is of my interest.

Overall, F1 budgets are confidential, but even the small teams have to budget with some 100-120 million annually.
So, while Manor/Marussia got money from 2014 in 2015 (see link, some 48 million), it did not prevent them end of 2014 to go insolvent. Meaning that even the prospect of getting FOM's money was not enough to prevent such.
Further down the line, how does this therefore equate to the current spending level?
In my head there is a gap of some 30-40 million minimum in Manor's budget ...

turbof1

XRayF1 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:For starters they now earn a significant chunk of FIA income (compared to before) thanks to their points in 2014 so any subsequent investment will go further...
Of course they get FOM's money for being 10th overall.
However, this did not prevent them going bust in 2014.
please see http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118955

So even if they got, say 10 million more due to more races etc., the rest of the spending is of my interest.

Overall, F1 budgets are confidential, but even the small teams have to budget with some 100-120 million annually.
So, while Manor/Marussia got money from 2014 in 2015 (see link, some 48 million), it did not prevent them end of 2014 to go insolvent. Meaning that even the prospect of getting FOM's money was not enough to prevent such.
Further down the line, how does this therefore equate to the current spending level?
In my head there is a gap of some 30-40 million minimum in Manor's budget ...
Xray, in 2014 they did not receive column 1 or 2 price money because they did not got to 10th place in the 2 preceding years. They only got a measily 10 million dollar column 3 price money.

In 2015 they received the 48.8 million dollar. Effectively 5 times they received in 2014.
For reference:
http://www.totalsportek.com/f1/formula-1-prize-money/

Your reference talks about the 2014 pay-outs, but these are actually paid in the successive year, in 2015. In 2014, Marussia got only 10 million price money.

Do note there are some differences between the autosport numbers and the totalsportek numbers. Both apply the very same reasoning, but the difference is in the projected profit on which there is a procentual turn out to the teams. However, the 10 million column 3 price money is fixed and is not procentual. Meaning Marussia effectively received 10 million in 2014, and in 2015 48,8 million (if we follow the autosport numbers).
#AeroFrodo

Cold Fussion

Weren't there a lot of rumors in 2014/2015 that a lot of Manors funding was cut off as a result all the sanctions placed on Russia? Could they now be getting some of this money again? Given that at the beginning of 2015 it didn't seem like that the guy who bought the team would be any significant money in so it is pretty curious that they now seem to have excellent cash flow. Given that they finished last in 2015, in what year will they suffer that 40 million dollar loss from not finishing 10th, is that to be felt this year or in 2017?