Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dot235
dot235

Re: Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

Ha, I beat you to it with my edited my post! :D

I guess it makes sense now, we cracked the code. : )

FrukostScones

CBeck113 wrote:
OMG!!!! It's....red! :o
no, it's white.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ferkan
ferkan

Where do you see white?

*I'm colour blind so maybe its just me

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Ferrari 2016 faster than a second and a half?

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrar ... zo-672804/

Google translate :

In Maranello there is optimism about simulation of 667 data, supporting the expectation that Marchionne wants the Red immediately successful, but as they grew the Mercedes? We try to understand what are the values ​​in the field.

Sergio Marchionne, president of Ferrari, asked James Allison a winning car from the first Grand Prix 2016: Horse number one is not willing to wait, want to see the Red cross the finish line winning the Melbourne debut. It was a reckless statement, which put great pressure on all the racing department, or is the result of precise information, the data collected on the new car which has been completed in the new Sports Management?

One thing to throw the challenge to Mercedes for the world with a schedule of 21 races and another to expect that the first ko the silver arrows is already settled on the Australian ring. Sergio Marchionne is an experienced manager, anything but naive. But the "shot" of the president have not been followed by other statements from the Gestione Sportiva. In Maranello he chose silence, preferring to speak the facts soon.

Virtual Formula 1

The birth of the new car, project number 667, was held in the strictest of confidence, but the Racing Department begins to filter out some optimism that seems to go right in the direction of Marchionne. If we were to do the ... Virtual Formula 1, citing the fine book by Roberto Boccafogli, the head of Pirelli's communication in the Circus, who wrote a novel about the future of the Grand Prix simulator, the new Ferrari could be about a second and a half faster the SF15-T.

It is a huge leap forward, never seen so large in the history of Formula 1, no regulations revolutions to change the values ​​from the previous season. Yet the data that emerge from the simulations are very encouraging: the numbers that emerge from the CFD, the wind tunnel, the simulator and the engine test benches say that the theoretical second and a half is far up among the clouds.

But eye reliability!

Obviously we are talking about absolute performance: the 667, however, will have to deal with the durability, since for the entire season five power unit will be available which will have a life of at least four Gp, if you do not want to pay the penalties in decisive stage of the season. Reliability, therefore, is one of the 2016 spectra, which must be taken into account. It is possible, therefore, that the provision on the track may be slightly less consistent ...

The figures of 667 suggests that the challenge to the Mercedes can be launched for real, but in Maranello they do not want to venture any proclaims not having the faintest idea where he might be came the Brackley team. The Silver Arrows at the end of last season had about half a second ahead of the Red, so would remain a second to play. Not allarghiamoci: we said that for the needs of reliability something will be left on the street. We want to talk about seven or eight tenths? It is a considerable booty to be held in the purse, but will do?

This is the question that is repeated Maurizio Arrivabene, the Red helmsman. Brescia manager is all too sailed not only be enchanted by the raw numbers. Especially since he set his management always down-to-earth. Where will W07 Hybrid? Growing from the summit is more difficult, but the feeling is that the staff of Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe last year has been taken something in the pocket.

Mercedes has exceeded 900 hp

And in defiance of the power unit, Andy Cowell, head of Mercedes engines in Brixworth, in a restricted meeting with journalists used a very eloquent example to explain the situation: "It 's like we had so far worked in a gold mine extracting the gold dust and then we found a big nugget. " Out of metaphor: the power unit of the Star has already exceeded an output of 900 horses with a big development on the combustion chamber and the turbo. Petronas has studied a specific fuel to this unit, just like Shell is doing for Ferrari. The game is not limited to manufacturers, but extends to the exclusive suppliers.

Today it is impossible to hazard evaluations. We have to wait for winter testing which will begin on February 22 in Barcelona to find out what will be the actual values ​​in the field. It is not difficult to predict, however, that further opens the gap between the two top teams who will play the world and everyone else. Red Bull Racing, for example, will have to cope with the engine Tag Heuer (Renault) that has yet to solve the troubles of 2015, just as the McLaren struggling with unreliable power unit already at the Honda test benches ...

F1NAC

Actually it's a toy. That's on the photo

seezung
seezung

FrukostScones

I really don't like the white thing in the Ferrari livery, retro bollocks, also I mean with VET white helmet, just bland, meh...

But maybe it looks good... we will see hopefully already on 21st. Or those Skype videocall prize winners will tell us earlier? :)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

zioture
zioture

Formula 1 Noise Engine Formula 1 2016 Ferrari

GoranF1
GoranF1

Knock knock....
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

GoranF1 wrote:Knock knock....
... knockin' on heavens door :lol:

GoranF1
GoranF1

F1NAC wrote:
... knockin' on heavens door :lol:
I was gona say knocking on combastion chamber but ok.... :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

denisjp
denisjp

FrukostScones wrote:I really don't like the white thing in the Ferrari livery, retro bollocks, also I mean with VET white helmet, just bland, meh...

But maybe it looks good... we will see hopefully already on 21st. Or those Skype videocall prize winners will tell us earlier? :)
Seb always had the habit of changing helmet design. Last year he didn't because of the new rules, but I'm almost sure that this year he will.

Italiano
Italiano

Please note item 1 on picture: Badge on the steering wheel. :twisted:

Let's wait until testing to see who knocks and who rocks. 8)
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Tomek1623

skoop
skoop