2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

The team just posted this open letter to fans. Ignoring the lunatics claiming conspiracy, I don't think the team completely understands why so many people are pissed.

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/20 ... -the-fans/
197 104 103 7

iotar__

dans79 wrote:The team just posted this open letter to fans. Ignoring the lunatics claiming conspiracy, I don't think the team completely understands why so many people are pissed.

You're optimistic if you think fans know that themselves. Mercedes are marketing hypocrites, where were your letters when:
- mechanic was pissing into Rosberg's fuel tank in Singapore '14 or
- brand new engine and brand old engine pushed unnecessarily exploded in Monza deciding the championship or
- if that wasn't enough they glued his pedals in Russia deciding the championship again or
- he had an engine problem in Japan deciding the championship once again or
- Hamilton pushed him off track in Japan deciding the championship again and you did nothing, or
- Hamilton pushed him off track but even more in USA deciding the championship once again and you didn't even blink?
- Wolff was threatening to fire Rosberg through media because he was driving too well and beating Hamilton? Where are your conclusion of "investigation into Hamilton's slump of form"? Hopefully where this letter should be: garbage bin of marketing nonsense.

Bad starts in Australia or Bahrain were not bad lack but bad driving, getting second and third place out of it because of lack of competition is lucky. BBC's headline: "Mercedes deny favouring Rosberg". #-o . Like they didn't know responding means embracing and focusing on it.

dans79

iotar__ wrote: - Hamilton pushed him off track but even more in USA deciding the championship once again and you didn't even blink?
I take it you didn't actually watch the race? Because if you did, you would know this is complete B.S.
197 104 103 7

Jordan44

iotar__ wrote:
dans79 wrote:The team just posted this open letter to fans. Ignoring the lunatics claiming conspiracy, I don't think the team completely understands why so many people are pissed.

You're optimistic if you think fans know that themselves. Mercedes are marketing hypocrites, where were your letters when:
- brand new engine and brand old engine pushed unnecessarily exploded in Monza deciding the championship or
- if that wasn't enough they glued his pedals in Russia deciding the championship again or
- Hamilton pushed him off track in Japan deciding the championship again and you did nothing, or
- Hamilton pushed him off track but even more in USA deciding the championship once again and you didn't even blink?
- Wolff was threatening to fire Rosberg through media because he was driving too well and beating Hamilton? Where are your conclusion of "investigation into Hamilton's slump of form"? Hopefully where this letter should be: garbage bin of marketing nonsense.

Bad starts in Australia or Bahrain were not bad lack but bad driving, getting second and third place out of it because of lack of competition is lucky. BBC's headline: "Mercedes deny favouring Rosberg". #-o . Like they didn't know responding means embracing and focusing on it.
You mean because his car was reliable and Hamilton's wasn't.

Bahrain was a confirmed software issue which meant the revs were too hard to keep stable and it distracted him as the lights went out. It was down to reaction time but okay if you want to call that bad driving. The amount of BS you make up just because you dislike Hamilton is hilarious. Don't waste your time.

ringo

That open letter shows that they really are trying to mitigate the resentment and lack of trust from the fans.
But they made a wrong move by putting the conspirators in a different group than the fans. :lol:
Their reliability record is very bad compared to winter testing. That's for sure.
For Sure!!

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

J0rd4n wrote:
iotar__ wrote:

Bahrain was a confirmed software issue which meant the revs were too hard to keep stable and it distracted him as the lights went out. It was down to reaction time but okay if you want to call that bad driving. The amount of BS you make up just because you dislike Hamilton is hilarious. Don't waste your time.
Whenever Hamilton does something bad, it's always because of a problem with a car. I bet there was a problem in Australia as well which caused the bad start.

iotar__

The point is that this very letter is a sign of favouritism and it's not favouritism towards Rosberg. Marketing driven circus where &$#% mob rules at its best.

iotar__

Whenever Hamilton does something bad, it's always because of a problem with a car. I bet there was a problem in Australia as well which caused the bad start.
Confirmed made up "software problem" they put only only on Hamilton's car is nothing. When after starting from pitlane in Hungary he drove off track and almost went out of the race it wasn't driver's error, no, the reason was "cold brakes". As if this phenomenon was unexpected and only applied to this car, coincidently dominant and glued to the track car.

Slower starting car because of Rosberg favouritism it is then #-o . Everything is all right in the mind of a fanatic.

RA168E
RA168E

iotar__ wrote:
Confirmed made up "software problem" they put only only on Hamilton's car is nothing. When after starting from pitlane in Hungary he drove off track and almost went out of the race it wasn't driver's error, no, the reason was "cold brakes". As if this phenomenon was unexpected and only applied to this car, coincidently dominant and glued to the track car.

Slower starting car because of Rosberg favouritism it is then #-o . Everything is all right in the mind of a fanatic.
To be fair, his cold brakes is a legitimate reason. He didnt get the chance to get heat into anything in 2014 since he had the pit lane start.

iotar__

RA168E wrote:
iotar__ wrote:

To be fair, his cold brakes is a legitimate reason. He didnt get the chance to get heat into anything in 2014 since he had the pit lane start.
No it's not and that's the point. He knows that brakes are cold and it's his job to adjust as is the case for every driver. Why didn't he go off in the next corner with "cold brakes" like that? Amazing. Same for stupid starts of course.

Now from the horses mouth AKA I want my points back :-) , Bahrain, Hamilton:
"I didn’t get a good start today – but it actually wasn’t as bad as the last one. They were completely different incidents – both painful, but this one probably more so! In Melbourne I had loads of wheel spin but this time I just didn’t get away as well as I needed to and that was down to me."
Wheel-spin and bad get away (reaction time?) = two bad starts by a driver, call the press.

Jordan44

iotar__ wrote:
RA168E wrote:
iotar__ wrote: Confirmed made up "software problem" they put only only on Hamilton's car is nothing. When after starting from pitlane in Hungary he drove off track and almost went out of the race it wasn't driver's error, no, the reason was "cold brakes". As if this phenomenon was unexpected and only applied to this car, coincidently dominant and glued to the track car.

No it's not and that's the point. He knows that brakes are cold and it's his job to adjust as is the case for every driver. Why didn't he go off in the next corner with "cold brakes" like that? Amazing. Same for stupid starts of course.

Now from the horses mouth AKA I want my points back :-) , Bahrain, Hamilton:
"I didn’t get a good start today – but it actually wasn’t as bad as the last one. They were completely different incidents – both painful, but this one probably more so! In Melbourne I had loads of wheel spin but this time I just didn’t get away as well as I needed to and that was down to me."
Wheel-spin and bad get away (reaction time?) = two bad starts by a driver, call the press.
The story has changed since.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamil ... in-687355/
GrayGreat wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:
iotar__ wrote: You're optimistic if you think fans know that themselves. Mercedes are marketing hypocrites, where were your letters when:

You haven't met iotar, whenever Hamilton does something, it's bad and it's not a problem with his car.

PlatinumZealot

iotar__ wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
The racing fuel is for the cars Iotar. dwl :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Mercedes wrote an open letter to its fans on Wednesday, responding to suggestions on social media that Rosberg is favoured over Hamilton.

"This was a letter to our real fans," Wolff said.

"What you could see on social media is that they support us, they suffer with us.

"They argue for our cause and that was so nice, so we felt we wanted to give an insight as to what was happening and how we felt and thank them for their support.

"We want to be transparent in our communication. There is nothing we are hiding.

"This is why the letter was a good example and a good way of sharing our feelings and thanking for support of our fans."
:|
Is this guy for real?
Mecedes wouldn't have any fans to speak of without Shumacher and Hamilton. :lol:
For Sure!!

GPR-A duplicate2

ringo wrote:
Mercedes wrote an open letter to its fans on Wednesday, responding to suggestions on social media that Rosberg is favoured over Hamilton.

"This was a letter to our real fans," Wolff said.

"What you could see on social media is that they support us, they suffer with us.

"They argue for our cause and that was so nice, so we felt we wanted to give an insight as to what was happening and how we felt and thank them for their support.

"We want to be transparent in our communication. There is nothing we are hiding.

"This is why the letter was a good example and a good way of sharing our feelings and thanking for support of our fans."
:|
Is this guy for real?
Mecedes wouldn't have any fans to speak of without Shumacher and Hamilton. :lol:
+1. Well said.

Sonador
Sonador

I think Mercedes should be aplauded for what they bring to the sport.
Have been following them closely, since they started back in 2010.
I am not a Hamilton or Rosberg fan in particular, just liked the team from the word go!

It is refreshing to have a team to write such a letter to us as fans.
I've read it with a lump in my throat, i thought it was rather nice of them!
Think it is a shame that some of the people just won't believe anything that is said/corresponded because they dont like the explaination.

I am really looking forward how the season is going to be unfolding.