2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nathanael F1

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

I'm surprised by this decision! I didn't think Red Bull would demote Kvyat so quickly. Hopefully this change doesn't ruin Verstappen's or Ricciardo's careers.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote:
namao wrote:An Austrian, 73-year-old Dr Marko is the head of Red Bull's driver development programme, which supports promising drivers in junior formula with the best progressing to its two Formula 1 teams - Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

Do you want to work at McDonald's serving burgers as an ex-F1 driver? Join now the Red Bull's Driver Academy !!! =D>

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 3606339584
i sainz...err sense the butthurt is strong in this one :D

deal with it. Max taken to RedBull mothership for a reason. Sainz left with 'Rookie' Kvyat for a reason.
If Carlos was so good, he'd have that seat. He doesn't, and taking into account the previously posted
mentions that originally the desicion was kvyat vs da costa, and after da costa Sainz was to be seated,
then really, Max has earned this seat.

is it really so hard to take that Max is better than Sainz. some people really are blinded by nationalistic pride,
which is simple nonsense.

If Alonso is better than Hamilton, he's better. If Hamilton's better than Alonso, he's better. Same for every
driver. Blind pride to ostrich the head into the sand.

It was long coming and it happened suddenly. There's a reason teams are trying to haul in Max.
Mercedes, Ferrari have been outspoken on their interest in getting him aboard. Have not heard nor read
anything about 'sensation' Sainz. why? Coz he's not. He's good, he drives well, but that's what it is.

Here's hoping Max will win his first GP with RedBull racing @ Spain :mrgreen:
imagine the hatin

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e3a68d3361b ... co_540.jpg

btw, about that RB driving academy stuff, Max was quickly added and embraced into the RB programme/team thanks to his outstanding, impressive and sensational results in karting and lower formulae racing. There already was interest from several F1 teams even before half of his maiden formula racing series season was under away. That tells you something.
Verstappen contraced RedBull because they promised and guaranteed him a racing seat @ Toro Rosso for 2015, whereas other teams promised him a test/reserve driver role in 2015 and a possible racing seat 2016. Since RedBull made this promise, they agreed and thus gotten in. He's only been part of RedBull since half 2014. Technically, Verstappen never was part of this academy. That makes verstappen what, the first non-academy driver to get a RB seat in [both] teams since what? since coulthard?

Was Sainz ever in the position to demand this stuff? No, Sainz alike Da Costa, are and were like 'DJ' Alguersuari [ another spaniard not making the cut ]. The BIG difference between all this is that from the start, Verstappen has been in the position to make the demands, whereas all the others only are able to say 'yes, amen'.

This is why Verstappen is a future F1 GP winner and highly potential F1 Champion, whereas the others barely even give the thought they might make it as a GP winner.

again, deal with it.
Who are you talking to and what´s the reason you´re including national prides in the mix? :wtf:

I´ve never tought Sainz is a great driver, but he´s been impressive in STR, at least if you followed their races. Sainz was extremely unlucky with car and team (pitstop) failures and mistakes, and also the team has favoured Max from the beginning. Apart from that Max is a bit faster I think, but he´s also done some more mistakes, so I don´t see any reason for such a dramatic post, there´re no big differences so some people will think it´s deserved and some others wont.

But you cannot deny Max has always been team´s favourite, he proved to be fast with a F1 car too and that was enough to earn the RBR seat. I´m not saying that´s unfair, if he´s team´s favourite it must be for some reason, they know what they´re doing. But saying Carlos did not earn that seat is not that fair. Just an example, the impresive 4th place Max achieved past season was only after Carlos was deprived of its priority to stop first as he was in front of Max, but STR called Max first and did an undercut to Carlos.

I actually think Kvyat degradation is VERY related to the big hopes RBR crew have with Max. Without Max I think Kvyat would still be RBR driver. Anycase it will be a good oportunity to see how the young drivers compare to the experienced ones. I think it´s also a good oportunity for Carlos, after competing with Max now a seasoned driver will be a good reference point, not only for Max with Ric, also for Carlos with Daniil :D

TwanV

In my mind ricciardo is the best driver at the moment in f1 by now, being consistently exciting to watch race by race always doing the right thing, MV isn't going to change that in respect of market value. However I'm glad with this decision, it will be a tough cookie for MV but RB has finally got a line up worthy to the likes of VET and WEB again which is good for the sport, can't wait to spot the difference between our two most thrilling drivers

PlatinumZealot

I don't like Verstappen the person and I sure don't like Kvyat any better, but Kvyat HAD to go. He is a solid drive but his attitude and work eithic was just rubbish, and I think this is what lost him seat. Max has been shining like the sun ever since, and sure he's a petulant brat, but he drives with high level of speed, maturity and consistency, three things that Kvyat cannot keep glued together on a given weekend. He is the future of RedBull, so I agree with Helmut Marko 100% on this decision to put him immediately in the big team.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

wesley123 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: is it really so hard to take that Max is better than Sainz. some people really are blinded by nationalistic pride,
which is simple nonsense.
Aren't you Dutch?
I reside in the Netherlands, yes. However, I am not Dutch, not by far.
Latino-Middle Eastern, yes. It would actually make more sense to me to pick 'Spanish' side.
So there you go.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

SectorOne wrote:
djos wrote:
SectorOne wrote: I call BS.

The fact is that over 2 years of racing there was 1 point separating Vergne and Ricciardo.
Vergne then beat Kvyat after that and still got the boot.

During that time Ricciardo whipped Vettel and got Kvyat as teammate for 2015 were Kvyat beat him.
Sorry but the stats don't lie:

2012:
Top 10 finishes = RIC 6, JEV 4
Qually average = RIC 14.7, JEV 16.65

2013:
Top 10 finishes = RIC 7, JEV 3
Qually average = RIC 10.68, JEV 13.63
The only thing that matters is points.
If you are fighting for the wdc then yes I agree, however the rest of the pack needs to be judged with additional metrics to get a clear picture of overall driver performance.
"In downforce we trust"

Redragon

The only reason of the swap to my eyes, it is the possibility of loosing Verstapen to Ferrari for example. Before any team could approach him during this year to sign a deal Redbull has stop that possibility by signing him first. Let,s see how drivers react, because if I am sainz and Kyviat i will be looking for others teams next year before being sucked and substitute by another two redbull academy drivers. As Riccardo at the moment might be fine but if the favoritism is on Vers as future champion as everyone believes soon will be another Webber case

PlatinumZealot

That is a good point. Ferrari is everyone's dream and Max, who would be exposed to the elements when his contract is up, surely won't turn them down if they make the offer. A smart way of sealing the cracks by Marko.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Ferrari don't want him. From what i can see ferrari only takes race winners. Or drivers who have driven with a ferrari engine in the back of their car and get good results with it.
As for the driver swaps.. Max nor Danil signed a new contract. Their current contracts may include a clause where they can drive a redbull car or torro rosso car for the duration of the contract. All they had to do was switch seats and avoid any paper work.
Saying that.. if Max gets over excited and does crap for the next 3 races, marko may just reach for Sainz and put him in the redbull and send Max back to torro rosso. It's that kind of flexibility that is built into these redbull contracts.

Kyviat is basically in the redbull naughty corner for the time being. He may just end up back in the redbull before the season is through if he puts the torro rosso on the podium. Marko is running a little mafia with these guys. Danil probably doesn't even take it personal and he is going to try his best to prove to Don Marko that he is loyal and that he can make him proud.
For Sure!!

Redragon

ringo wrote:Ferrari don't want him. From what i can see ferrari only takes race winners. Or drivers who have driven with a ferrari engine in the back of their car and get good results with it.
As for the driver swaps.. Max nor Danil signed a new contract. Their current contracts may include a clause where they can drive a redbull car or torro rosso car for the duration of the contract. All they had to do was switch seats and avoid any paper work.
Saying that.. if Max gets over excited and does crap for the next 3 races, marko may just reach for Sainz and put him in the redbull and send Max back to torro rosso. It's that kind of flexibility that is built into these redbull contracts.

Kyviat is basically in the redbull naughty corner for the time being. He may just end up back in the redbull before the season is through if he puts the torro rosso on the podium. Marko is running a little mafia with these guys. Danil probably doesn't even take it personal and he is going to try his best to prove to Don Marko that he is loyal and that he can make him proud.
There were rumours last year that he was linked to Ferrari. And if what you say is true, he has been driving this year a Ferrari engine. So my theory still a possibility to hold Verstapen on redbull before starting negotiations to other teams

Alebringer

ringo wrote:Kyviat is basically in the redbull naughty corner for the time being. He may just end up back in the redbull before the season is through if he puts the torro rosso on the podium.
Belive Kyvat's drive with any of the Red Bull teams are over after this season. He will have to make a VERY good drive to not be replaced. Hopefully an other team will pick him up.

Vasconia

PlatinumZealot wrote:I don't like Verstappen the person and I sure don't like Kvyat any better, but Kvyat HAD to go. He is a solid drive but his attitude and work eithic was just rubbish, and I think this is what lost him seat. Max has been shining like the sun ever since, and sure he's a petulant brat, but he drives with high level of speed, maturity and consistency, three things that Kvyat cannot keep glued together on a given weekend. He is the future of RedBull, so I agree with Helmut Marko 100% on this decision to put him immediately in the big team.
How do you know that Kyvat´s working ethics are that bad?

Max is fast, really fast but he hasnt been so consistet and he is not enough mature. He is very good but the hype around him could ruin his career. His ego is enough big to be feeded.

max_speed

Vasconia wrote: Max is fast, really fast but he hasnt been so consistet and he is not enough mature. He is very good but the hype around him could ruin his career. His ego is enough big to be feeded.
i agree to it a bit. he is in demand and somewhat popular because of media. i am happy he is in redbull now.
hype stops now and racing begins. he will have to face Ricciardo ( i guess one of the very best driver in F1 today) , if he does not fair well after few races , noise will start again.

WaikeCU

ringo wrote:Ferrari don't want him. From what i can see ferrari only takes race winners. Or drivers who have driven with a ferrari engine in the back of their car and get good results with it.

If that's the case, one might even think it would have been better if there were 4 Red Bull cars, but 2 of them badged differently, since a team can only have 2 cars.

Podium with a Toro Rosso this season? I don't think so...

I wonder how the swap went for Max:
- Did they ask him if he wanted to jump in that Red Bull?
- Did they tell him, next race you're in a Red Bull?

Because those two situations have different perspectives. If they asked, then Max had the chance to say, I don't want to rush things at the moment. I want to finish this season and then prepare myself for the next chapter at Red Bull. If he doesn't hesitate and says YES, it means he feels he's ready for the job and no setbacks can happen when he jumps in that Red Bull.

If the team forced him into the Red Bull without asking him, then they have already calculated the risks of any setbacks that may occur due to his inexperience with the Red Bull car.

Phil

krisfx wrote:I fail to see how being beaten by a well established driver such as Ricciardo would put his [Max's] career in trouble...
Max is currently on the fast lane. The hype surrounding him has reached ridiculous proportions - and much of that is also fueled by his on-track aggressiveness and image. The radio messages are a good example; "hey look at me, I can go so much faster, tell my team-mate to speed up or let me past" etc. Has he always been that faster? Yes and no. At times he has looked like something genuinely special, other times his being faster also had to do with differing strategies. He is a risk taker though and sometimes that risk has payed off (also thanks to others backing out) and other times it has not and he has looked rather like a premature idiot (for example Monaco 2015 where one could see that crash coming from a mile away). Sainz on the other hand has been quick, but a lot more "heads down" kind of guy and very much the team-player. Over the course of both seasons so far, I'm inclined to think they are rather similar, just very different in attitude and that has also made a big difference in how people perceive both drivers to be. Sainz pretty much under the radar and Verstappen being hyped as the new super talent.

- and hype it is, because until he is actually measured in the same car against a known and quantifiable driver, it is an unknown. And that hype IMO has also led to the situation of him being on the radar by other big teams.

So when he does join RedBull and goes along side Ricciardo, it will be very interesting, also for Max himself. If he is equal to Dan, then I fail to see why a team would want Max over Dan. Dan has the package. He has the right work ethos, is probably the most friendly person on the paddock, always positive etc and you never heard him shout something bad on team-radio about the team or his team-mate. And Dan is a known quantity given he was the team mate of Vettel. I think most teams would be happy to sign him knowing he could be matched up with anyone - from Hamilton to Alonso to Vettel again (assuming they all don't mind). Certainly the only reasons going against Dan would be his speed, not his persona.

Max - if he fails to beat Ricciardo will put that hype into perspective and given his age, he will no longer be on the fast track into the "big teams". He's still very young and his persona and perceived arrogance means big teams with established drivers will be more hesitant to sign him alongside them.

Now if he comprehensively beats Dan, then yes, Max might be the next coming. The persona will still be problematic, but it's better excused when he packs the performance and represents the best of the next generation. Max hype will remain high and Dan's selling ability might go down as a result.

Right now, a lot is riding on his image. Come the next 17 races, we will see what is hype and what his genuine pace is relative to a known quantity. Perhaps if he doesn't quite stack up to Ricciardo, he still has a very promising career ahead of him and everyone can still improve, get better. He is still young. But he won't be lured by one of the big teams any time soon under the premise of being the sports next superstar.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter