2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

Perhaps they think he can win the WC in 2017 with RB. And Renault want to be there, hahaha.

Manoah2u

It still raises to me an interesting question.

What about that Aston Martin partnership?
How is that gonna sort itself out and cope with a Renault engine?
I thought Aston Martin actually wanted a 'working' partnership instead of just a badge on a car - atleast
that's what i recall they stated about the alleged interest in working with Force India, of which they bailed.

Instead, all i see is an Aston Martin logo on the nose and the cover.

So again, where does this leave their Renault partnership?
I can see the Tag Heuer thing being a fun clever thing for this year, but where is this going next year?

Are they keeping their engines branded as Tag-Heuer despite them being full-blown Renault engines next
year?
and again, how does that manage with the Aston Martin partnership.

AM and Renault don't really fit together or connect at any point. It is a bit odd to be honest.
a RedBull Formula 1 car which has got a Renault engine which has been branded as TagHeuer and meanwhile they have a partnership
with Aston Martin, a luxury sportscar brand.
I know RedBull is partnered with Aston Martin where they use Newey's talents to develop a Aston Martin hypercar (assuming it should
be made to beat the likes of a Mclaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari, Porsche 918, Bugatti Chiron).

But isn't all this just too confusing to even make sense to anyone?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

Aston Martin has a partnership with Red Bull Racing/Technology, not their engine supplier. I don't think Renault is in any way involved in this, nor will they be mentioned when a car is released. AM will probably use Red Bulls chassis & aero exellence both in technical term, but also in marketing terms because of RBR's reputation.

As for the Tag-heuer matter, it wouldn't surpise me is Renault wants its name back on the Red Bull car for 2017, now that they're out of the woods in terms of performance, reliability and the relationship between the companies. That spot on the side of the RB13 will be worth a lot in marketing terms when Red Bull are back at the front. It's said that Red Bull currently pay €28M per season for their power units. I'm sure Renault will consider cutting a bit off the price in exchange for retaking those engine branding rights.

skoop

aren't AM and red bull working on a road car (like a McLaren or sth.) together?

Manoah2u

Yes, this is literally mentioned in 2 post above you, where there is also mentioned it is intended to be a Mclaren competitor.... :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

gandharva

Manoah2u wrote:What about that Aston Martin partnership?
For RBR that deal is 80% keeping Adrian happy and 20% making money. Would have been cool to see a new engine manufacturer, but this won't happen.

djos

gandharva wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:What about that Aston Martin partnership?
For RBR that deal is 80% keeping Adrian happy and 20% making money. Would have been cool to see a new engine manufacturer, but this won't happen.
Agreed, no board would ever authorise the required the required spend and time required to even get writhing 80% of where Mercedes are now.

Honda particularly, but also Renault have demonstrated how insanely hats and expensive it is to get a current generation PU competitive.
"In downforce we trust"

ME4ME

Kvyat:
"The circumstances in which I approached Red Bull Racing [were that] the car was worse than the last year," he said.

"It is easy for first year drivers at the time to look amazing.

"I believe the circumstances back then were not favourable but then they started to get better and better.

"The second half of the season for me at Red Bull Racing, it was good, stable.

"I was matching and beating Daniel, I scored more points than Daniel and it would have been the same this year again.

"All the things about a 'too early' approach are bullshit."

But Kvyat defended his start to the season.

"I was performing more than enough well," said Kvyat.

"I brought them the first podium of the year.

"Our pace was getting better and better.

"They got what they expected from me. That is all I can really say.

"So I think I did everything right, absolutely everything right."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... do-in-2016

I'd say, prove your worth in Toro Rosso against Sainz if you are so great. Personally I think he's a bit delusional, especially about this year, for all the obvious reasons.

Juzh

He should just let it go already.

Sonador

Last year Kvat was busy trying to beat Ricciardo, but Ricciardo was busy "rebuilding" the car.

The points argument is also very silly, but i think he is a good al round driver, very fast qualifyer.
He needs to be beating Sainz to proof (yet again) he is, what he says he is.

Phil

I think the issue here is image. Sadly, no matter how quick Kvyat is - and he certainly brought in the points to warrant a seat in the team he was driving for - it is the perceived image and potential people see in Verstappen that probably gave him the seat.

Yes, that image and potential is down to what Max has shown so far, but i am still not entirely sure Verstappen's image is in the realm of extraordinary hype, to some degree a bit overexaggerated. The win in Barcelona is just fueling this even more, although it was very much a win of "circumstance", not unlike Maldonados (impressive) win there a few years ago. It was Ricciardo's to lose, but the unfolding of different strategies put Max into that extraordinary position. Impressive indeed, but one needs to look at it in context.

Kvyat could have just as well won it, and even if he did, i think to a company like RedBull, the image of the young star in Verstappen is way more attractive and markable that the image the young Russian carries as a person and a racing driver.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

WaikeCU

Phil wrote:I think the issue here is image. Sadly, no matter how quick Kvyat is - and he certainly brought in the points to warrant a seat in the team he was driving for - it is the perceived image and potential people see in Verstappen that probably gave him the seat.

Yes, that image and potential is down to what Max has shown so far, but i am still not entirely sure Verstappen's image is in the realm of extraordinary hype, to some degree a bit overexaggerated. The win in Barcelona is just fueling this even more, although it was very much a win of "circumstance", not unlike Maldonados (impressive) win there a few years ago. It was Ricciardo's to lose, but the unfolding of different strategies put Max into that extraordinary position. Impressive indeed, but one needs to look at it in context.

Kvyat could have just as well won it, and even if he did, i think to a company like RedBull, the image of the young star in Verstappen is way more attractive and markable that the image the young Russian carries as a person and a racing driver.
Red Bull jumping on the bandwagon just like the fans. They just react to what's trending I guess. If they can earn more with Max, then they will. It's a money business anyway.

SR71

WaikeCU wrote:
Phil wrote:I think the issue here is image. Sadly, no matter how quick Kvyat is - and he certainly brought in the points to warrant a seat in the team he was driving for - it is the perceived image and potential people see in Verstappen that probably gave him the seat.

Red Bull jumping on the bandwagon just like the fans. They just react to what's trending I guess. If they can earn more with Max, then they will. It's a money business anyway.
They create what's trending. They are the best in the world at it.

They play chess, fans play checkers. Just how it is.

Vasconia

Sonador wrote:Last year Kvat was busy trying to beat Ricciardo, but Ricciardo was busy "rebuilding" the car.

The points argument is also very silly, but i think he is a good al round driver, very fast qualifyer.
He needs to be beating Sainz to proof (yet again) he is, what he says he is.
I think he is just the opposite. Not a so good qualifier but a much better racer.

Sainz has showed a similar pace to Max so it will be interesting battle. I hope its a close battle and both show how good they are, just to find another team next year.