Mercedes AMG F1 W07

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bl4zar_

Re: RE: Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W07

kalinka wrote:Interesting also that on steering on upper picture all the buttons are much more protected against accidental activating. They all have rings around for protection. against unwanted activation. Wonder which is Rosberg's and which is Hamilton's ?
astracrazy wrote:whos wheel is it that has reminders all on it?
The one with reminders is Rosberg's wheel.

ME4ME

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W07

BanMeToo wrote:The details on this car are shockingly beautiful, it really is something.
I agree. It's interesting that Mercedes and Red Bull achieve performance in such different ways. Mercedes uses a lot of details, small components, sharp edges. Red Bull seem less obsessive about controlling each individual little stream of air, and instead uses more rounded smooth edges and surfaces to control the major air streams. I guess its also the result of Mercedes having more power available, and thus can accept slightly more drag.

JonoNic

bl4zar_ wrote:
kalinka wrote:Interesting also that on steering on upper picture all the buttons are much more protected against accidental activating. They all have rings around for protection. against unwanted activation. Wonder which is Rosberg's and which is Hamilton's ?
Those ring protectors on the one wheel is most likely to stop bigger fingers touching the wrong buttons. To check the owners of those steering wheels just measure the drivers hands. lol
Always find the gap then use it.

FrukostScones

bl4zar_ wrote:
first one is Hamilton (with talk button)

both have reminders on it
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bl4zar_

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W07

FrukostScones wrote:
bl4zar_ wrote:
first one is Hamilton (with talk button)

both have reminders on it
Yep, by reminders I meant the big white ones, on the second wheel.

Giando

Wow... how is this possible?
Am i seeing a very big lifted and curved edge on the font side of the sidepod flat floor?
How this could be compliant with the flat floor rule? Is it within the 5cm radius limit for rounded edges?
Anyway it seems a very clever way to increase air flow underneath the bottom of car...

SectorOne

@Albert Fabrega

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

diego.liv

SectorOne wrote:@Albert Fabrega

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjeCIG1VEAIJfoK.jpg
Is this a sort of chimney?

scarbs

diego.liv wrote:

Sort of, it vents rear brake heat to prevent it warming the rear wheel/tyre

DiogoBrand

Maybe now Rosberg will remember to set his engine mode properly at the start of the race.

Godius

DiogoBrand wrote:http://imgr1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Me ... 950920.jpg
Maybe now Rosberg will remember to set his engine mode properly at the start of the race.
The funny thing is that those stickers were already on the steering wheel at Barcelona and the races before that. Since the driver-aid radio ban regulations, IIRC.

SectorOne

scarbs wrote:
diego.liv wrote:

Sort of, it vents rear brake heat to prevent it warming the rear wheel/tyre
Is it normal that teams take in cold air from the inside but also exit it on the inside?
I think the front brakes generally take cold air from inside the tire and blows it out of the wheel rim.

Could they be using the hot air for say the winglets right behing the vent?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ME4ME

SectorOne wrote:Is it normal that teams take in cold air from the inside but also exit it on the inside?
I think the front brakes generally take cold air from inside the tire and blows it out of the wheel rim.

Could they be using the hot air for say the winglets right behing the vent?
I guess the different between front and rear is that the airflow from the front affects the car itself and thus is send outwards .. Whatever turbulence comes from the rear ducts, the car behind can deal with that, preferably by dropping back. :)

Blackout

Whate are these red tubes for? filling the master cylinders? or are they connected to the hydraulic suspension elements?

hardingfv32

Pressure for bleeding?

Brian