2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2016 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim, 29-31 July

ChrisDanger wrote:A blast from the past: Jos Verstappen at the 1994 German GP. And a reminder why refueling was banned.

http://i.imgur.com/kZEgg1f.jpg

Only minor burns were suffered, which says a lot for the efficacy of the overalls!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 7e67f4.jpg
No, a reminder why there are certain safety rules and why Briatore isn't part of F1 anymore.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Jolle wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:A blast from the past: Jos Verstappen at the 1994 German GP. And a reminder why refueling was banned.

Only minor burns were suffered, which says a lot for the efficacy of the overalls!

No, a reminder why there are certain safety rules and why Briatore isn't part of F1 anymore.
Well, I think this was just one of a number of piltane incidents involving fuel rigs, and the safety aspect was part of the decision to ban refueling, but I'm not going to argue...

godlameroso

I wish sector 2 in this track was broken down into two sub sectors, because this is the sector that gives you the true difference between the engine and the chassis. 5-7 is all engine 8-11 is all chassis. Sector 3 is the tire destroyer, managing the tires in this sector is key for the race.

Oh yeah, forgot weather forecast:
Chance of rain throughout the weekend, strongest chance of rain is on Saturday/Sunday, may get a stray isolated shower or it may rain overnight and wash the track. It might rain in the morning of the race and it'll start on a damp track/safety car start. I hope that it rains in the middle of the race, that would make it awesome, the rain gods have teased us with a really crazy race. I feel they owe us one.

It's going to be extremely humid if it is dry, it'll also be a bit cooler than it was in Hungary. The region has an interesting feature that causes the track temperature to be inconsistent at different places. This makes it tricky to find a good setup, the changing conditions won't make it easy so teams often get stuck "chasing" the track evolution and going backwards.
Last edited by godlameroso on 26 Jul 2016, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Jolle
Jolle

ChrisDanger wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Well, I think this was just one of a number of piltane incidents involving fuel rigs, and the safety aspect was part of the decision to ban refueling, but I'm not going to argue...
Agreed! But this one was Flavio's.

Manjhi
Manjhi

One more GP where Mers will dominate the race, but it will be better than Hungary.

My prediction :
Qualy :
Ros
Ham
Vet
Ric
Rai
Ves
Mas/Bot/Per/Hul
Sai/But/Alo

Race :
Ros
Ham
Vet
Ves
Ric
Rai
Per
Bot
Hul
Sai

Although I would love to see Sauber in points, they desperately need it.

godlameroso

I think the McLarens have claimed P7 and P8 firmly, and will finish there unless something happens. Hopefully they can mix it up with P3-6 after the Monza upgrade.
Saishū kōnā

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Qualy prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo
4. Vettel
5. Verstappen

Race prediction:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo
5. Verstappen
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Jolle wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Ah, yes. The illegal fuel valve. Forgot about that, thanks.

Well, that ended amicably. :D

Jolle
Jolle

ChrisDanger wrote:
Jolle wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote: Well, I think this was just one of a number of piltane incidents involving fuel rigs, and the safety aspect was part of the decision to ban refueling, but I'm not going to argue...

Pffff, it was a close one...

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Jolle wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Pffff, it was a close one...
What's that, buddy?
:wink:

skoop
skoop

Jolle wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Sorry for going off topic, but could me tell me more about the story?

SiLo

Everyone going for Rosberg on pole and the win here, I reckon Hamilton has got some wind in his sails and will take pole and the win instead.

It would be a big loss for Rosberg in front of his "home" crowd too.
Felipe Baby!

tygernoot
tygernoot

I can highly recommend reading this post from Willem Toet regarding the pit fire: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/f1-broke ... eader-card

He is making very interesting posts, including how Benetton was able to have traction control in 1994, how the double diffusers worked, etc.

Vasconia

SiLo wrote:Everyone going for Rosberg on pole and the win here, I reckon Hamilton has got some wind in his sails and will take pole and the win instead.

It would be a big loss for Rosberg in front of his "home" crowd too.
For the ones who want an exciting second half for the championship, Rosberg should win.

Vasconia

godlameroso wrote:I wish sector 2 in this track was broken down into two sub sectors, because this is the sector that gives you the true difference between the engine and the chassis. 5-7 is all engine 8-11 is all chassis. Sector 3 is the tire destroyer, managing the tires in this sector is key for the race.

Oh yeah, forgot weather forecast:
Chance of rain throughout the weekend, strongest chance of rain is on Saturday/Sunday, may get a stray isolated shower or it may rain overnight and wash the track. It might rain in the morning of the race and it'll start on a damp track/safety car start. I hope that it rains in the middle of the race, that would make it awesome, the rain gods have teased us with a really crazy race. I feel they owe us one.

It's going to be extremely humid if it is dry, it'll also be a bit cooler than it was in Hungary. The region has an interesting feature that causes the track temperature to be inconsistent at different places. This makes it tricky to find a good setup, the changing conditions won't make it easy so teams often get stuck "chasing" the track evolution and going backwards.
Some scattered showers would be great, of rain but after an initial dry start, I dont want to watch another painful start with the SC doing the first laps.