2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

The reality of all this is that neither Ferrari (nor Allison) are as inept as some reactionary people would make out; neither was it going to be easy to beat Mercedes.

I don't personally think the revolutionary (rather than evolutionary) nature of the car is a suitable excuse for not benefiting more from the wind tunnel time . If you have an advantage you need that to translate that to results - how you do that is your own business but should not be an excuse for not realising the gains the advantage should give. Revolution was a mistake at mclaren in 2013 - perhaps also so at Ferrari 2016 (in both cases right before a major regulation change).

Pierce89

SR71 wrote:
F1NAC wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
This! James Key is the best pick if they can get him. He has a great track record of creativity and development pace though he always had to deal with very limited resources.
If Marchionne keeps his nose messing with f1 department even Newey wont help them unfortunately. He should hire if he can find an engineer like Key as you were all saying but then he need to let them work in peace and not putting them under pressure. Raising pressure wont help anyone
Talented professionals thrive under pressure.

It's only people who don't understand this that say pressure is bad.

It's Ferrari, it's F1, if you can't handle pressure you're not qualified to be there.
For once, SR71, I totally agree with you 100%. The very best guy would be good in any team.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Jolle

Pierce89 wrote:
SR71 wrote:
F1NAC wrote: If Marchionne keeps his nose messing with f1 department even Newey wont help them unfortunately. He should hire if he can find an engineer like Key as you were all saying but then he need to let them work in peace and not putting them under pressure. Raising pressure wont help anyone
Talented professionals thrive under pressure.

It's Ferrari, it's F1, if you can't handle pressure you're not qualified to be there.
For once, SR71, I totally agree with you 100%. The very best guy would be good in any team.
Very true, but only with good pressure. To perform well you need vision and confidence. Bad pressure will destroy that.

Scuderia1967

RedNEO wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:
ripper wrote:The only bet he could take for next year, if he breaches the contract, is to substitute JB at McLaren
Was Alonso a fool to give up that Ferrari seat for an unknown journey?
I'm surprised you can still ask that question with a straight face. Alonso was absolutely right to leave Ferrari, the man who tried to convince him to stay just abandoned ship today. Ferrari are going backwards this year and McLaren look like the better place to be next year with its stability and especially if Honda find those extra horses.
Since Alonso left the team Ferrari scored 25 podiums, including 3 GP wins. McLaren scored exactly ZERO. So yes, he was a fool

tonmeister

Scuderia1967 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:
I'm surprised you can still ask that question with a straight face. Alonso was absolutely right to leave Ferrari, the man who tried to convince him to stay just abandoned ship today. Ferrari are going backwards this year and McLaren look like the better place to be next year with its stability and especially if Honda find those extra horses.
Since Alonso left the team Ferrari scored 25 podiums, including 3 GP wins. McLaren scored exactly ZERO. So yes, he was a fool
25 podiums and 3 GP wins. Yes, not bad but 0 Driver´s championships and it´s looking like I´ll take a while for the next one. McLaren might even win it before Ferrari. Alonso is no fool, I believe it was all or nothing for him, and rightly so with his talent and age. He doesn´t want podiums, he wants the championship.

Scuderia1967

tonmeister wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
25 podiums and 3 GP wins. Yes, not bad but 0 Driver´s championships and it´s looking like I´ll take a while for the next one. McLaren might even win it before Ferrari. Alonso is no fool, I believe it was all or nothing for him, and rightly so with his talent and age. He doesn´t want podiums, he wants the championship.
Based on what? Please wake up, it's been 4 (FOUR!) years since McLaren last won a GP

George-Jung

At Ferrari Alonso could still have shown how good he really is... now at Mclaren he can't proof anything..

SR71

bhall II wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:So james allison left.... and Ferrari are doomed lol....are there ever rational reactions to anything any more?
An accurate appraisal can generally be found somewhere on the spectrum that exists between GPR-A, for whom everything is always wrong, and you, someone for whom nothing is ever wrong.

And orbiting Mars...
SR71 wrote:Talented professionals thrive under pressure.

three-time F1 World Champion and connoisseur of Asperger-esque blunt honesty, Niki Lauda wrote:The problem with Ferrari is that they are under pressure...
:D
No surprise you missed the most important part of my statement "talented professionals"...

Marchionne talented race professional? No.

Arrivabene talented race professional? No.

Ross Brawn? Yes

Horner? Yes

Newey? Yes

Allison? Yes

But now you've positioned yourself that everything Lauda says has to be true. Looking forward to you defending everything he says in the future.

EDIT: since the butt hurt is strong and down votes are being used by the weaker types of forum members I'll go further and point out how you miss used a desperate quote by Lauda.

Lauda is correct, Ferraris problem is they are under pressure from talentless (professional racing terms) individuals at the top, Sergio and Arrivabenne.

But a technical director thrives on pressure and challenge. So again, thanks for proving my point.
Last edited by SR71 on 28 Jul 2016, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

tonmeister

Scuderia1967 wrote:
tonmeister wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
Based on what? Please wake up, it's been 4 (FOUR!) years since McLaren last won a GP
Based on past and current progression trend on both teams.

McLaren is coming up fast, this is an actual fact. It has an stable team with a great aero guy for next year. Honda is the only doubt but are making fast progress as well.

Ferrari has been close to the top but haven´t been able to challenge for the driver´s championship for many years nowl. With the current situation (headless), next year´s rule change (more aero) I see them being less of a challenger. Now this is a personal opinion. Take it as you want but I´m wide awake...

tonmeister

George-Jung wrote:At Ferrari Alonso could still have shown how good he really is... now at Mclaren he can't proof anything..
It doesn´t take a great car to show true talent. That´s precisely where the great ones shine. For me and many other he is proving himself plenty on that McLaren...but let´s go back to topic please.

RedNEO

Scuderia1967 wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:
You forgot the most important stat, 0 world championships! And no wins this year so already going backwards again. Aero rules changing next year and Ferrari still can't get on top of these ones. Good luck with that but I'm content where Alonso is now thanks

bhall II

SR71 wrote:But a technical director thrives on pressure and challenge. So again, thanks for proving my point.
There's a difference between the pressure to succeed and that which results from being coaxed to drive off a cliff.

My issue, as ever, is with with your dense, black-and-white sloganeering. Rarely can anything be summed up with a pithy platitude like the one you initially offered.

Incidentally, I completely agree with you with regard to the downvotes. They serve no purpose as far as I'm concerned, least of all when they're used to do nothing more than disagree.

dans79

bhall II wrote: Incidentally, I completely agree with you with regard to the downvotes. They serve no purpose as far as I'm concerned, least of all when they're used to do nothing more than disagree.
I disagree, since we aren't allowed to personally attack another posters intelligence or anything else for that matter, A way needs to exist to communicate to them that their musings are incorrect, misguided, or just plain not of value.
197 104 103 7

GPR-A duplicate2

George-Jung wrote:At Ferrari Alonso could still have shown how good he really is... now at Mclaren he can't proof anything..
As if he didn't proved enough at Ferrari. Who really care if he isn't proving anymore? He made his place as the best driver on the grid and of this generation. Even if he flops for few more years at McLaren and then retires, nothing changes the fact that he has been one of the greatest drivers of all time. Nothing to prove anymore.
[color=#0000FF]Luca Monezemolo - 17 February, 2016[/color] wrote:“I had the feeling that Fernando had got it into his mind that he could never win with Ferrari,” Montezemolo said, “and that if he was in a Mercedes he could win with one hand.
Alonso has seen the core of Ferrari and with what he has seen and experienced (definitely way, way more than any arm chair expert here can even imagine), Luca's above statement was absolutely perfect. Alonso wanted everything or nothing. Proving more, getting more podiums, a win here or there isn't what he wanted. The reason why he left Ferrari, still stands unchanged.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 29 Jul 2016, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
As if he didn't proved enough at Ferrari. Who really care if he isn't proving anymore? He made his place as the best driver on the grid and of this generation. Even if he flops for few more years at McLaren and then retires, nothing changes the fact that he has been one of the greatest drivers of all time. Nothing to prove anymore.
[color=#0000FF]Luca Monezemolo - 17 February, 2016[/color] wrote:“I had the feeling that Fernando had got it into his mind that he could never win with Ferrari,” Montezemolo said, “and that if he was in a Mercedes he could win with one hand.
Alonso has seen the core of Ferrari and with what he has seen and experienced (definitely way, way more than any arm chair expert here can even imagine), Luca's above statement was absolutely perfect. Alonso wanted everything or nothing. Proving more, getting more podiums, a win here or there isn't what he wanted. The reason why he left Ferrari, is still stands unchanged.
5 years is more than enough to proof one´s patience. But the problem with Ferrari and Fernando became irresolvable in 2014 when he saw that Ferrari had done an awful job with the PU, that was too much for him and I understand why he left the team.

Ferrari is making the same mistakes with Sebastian, they build a good car(2015) and then they fail to improve it the following season. More changes ,more chaos, more pressure and promises but the results remain the same.