Renault R.S.16

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DiogoBrand

Re: Renault R.S.16

I'm really eager to see what Renault will be able to do when they start to develop their chassis and PU. In a few years we may have the most competitive field in F1 history, if it isn't already.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach

Powy

AmuS reports that Renault is testing a new rear suspension for more grip.

In the images from the AmuS gallery (Silverstone-Test - 12- July 2016) you can see some parts around the Renault tires. Anyone knows what these are for?

zac510

Powy wrote:AmuS reports that Renault is testing a new rear suspension for more grip.

In the images from the AmuS gallery (Silverstone-Test - 12- July 2016) you can see some parts around the Renault tires. Anyone knows what these are for?
They are force sensors. Funnily only the Enstone team has used these sensors regularly over the last decade. I recall them using them in the first Enstone/Renault era 10+ years ago. I don't recall many other teams using them since then.

Tim.Wright

They are tiny if they are wheel force sensors. Do you have any hi-res pictures?
Not the engineer at Force India

zac510

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

PlatinumZealot

The car looks decently developed but it just isn't fast. Possibly all the compromises in the 2015 chassis were carried over since this car is bascially that.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Atticus

So Renault did have a medium downforce rear wing on site at Spa, only they did not use it in competitive sessions. Interesting...

(Probably so low on downforce anyway that they just didn't need it. I'm sure they'll put something slimmer on in Monza though.)
The F1 Formbook - https://thef1formbook.wordpress.com/
Performance analysis of F1 race weekends based on raw official data

wesley123

New sidepods for the Singapore GP:
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Morteza

mycadcae

what has happened to Renault F1 car on fire

Renault suspect fuel leak to blame for fire
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

ME4ME

Palmer doesn't hold back:
"So naturally it suits us a bit more. It's somewhere between Spa and Budapest. It is progress happening. We thought we could show it in Singapore, but it reminded all of us we are rubbish over bumps."

He added: "The problem is in Spa and Monza we were lacking power, in Singapore we were lacking a lot of ride. So we haven't come back to a track like the ones in Europe before the summer break, so this is probably the first one. Suzuka will be the same where we can show the progress."
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/palme ... 16-831661/

Lack of power. Rubbish ride. Nothing new though. Lots of work ahead for 2017.