Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SR71

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

still we talk about drivers. as if any drivers changing teams THIS year will have a significant effect on the next 3 years.

where Ross Brawn ends up though. still the most critical piece on the chess board.

lets keep ignoring it.

after all, he said he has not said no to ferrari....

ChrisDanger

SR71 wrote:where Ross Brawn ends up though. still the most critical piece on the chess board.

lets keep ignoring it.

He said they haven't asked him. Big difference.

SR71

ChrisDanger wrote:
SR71 wrote:where Ross Brawn ends up though. still the most critical piece on the chess board.

lets keep ignoring it.

He said they haven't asked him. Big difference.
They haven't asked him. He hasn't said no.

Racer X

The suspense about Renault has me on edge I really want to see Perez in a great team.

I would love to see them also take Hulk.... hahaha. My favorite drivers in Force India has been fun.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

ME4ME

Racer X wrote:The suspense about Renault has me on edge I really want to see Perez in a great team.

I would love to see them also take Hulk.... hahaha. My favorite drivers in Force India has been fun.
I would've liked to see Perez at Ferrari next year. Renault aren't going to be front runners anytime soon. I think he'd be just as well off at Force India next year.

Racer X

Well were going to kno by Spa I keep trying to Google articles but pretty much no one knows something new. Other than their talking. Which is old news I mean teams are always "talking" to all drivers when they are looking for new drivers.

ChrisDanger

Vandoorne seems quite positive about getting a seat next year, and not necessarily at McLaren, according to an article on thisisf1.com.
“My contract expires at the end of 2016,” he told La Derniere Heure, a French-language Belgian newspaper.

“So I’m in a fairly comfortable position. If they cannot guarantee me a ride in F1 for 2017, I can go elsewhere.”

Asked if that ‘elsewhere’ might be the works Renault team, Vandoorne answered: “Yes, or elsewhere. There are still other free seats, but I can’t tell you anything more.

“The only thing I can confirm is that I have to drive in F1 next season. And I hope with all my heart that it will be at McLaren.”

Racer X

More then Likely McLaren with Button talking to Williams. But don't discard all the other teams. Like they say but I would bet on McLaren.

Schuttelberg

ME4ME wrote:
Racer X wrote:The suspense about Renault has me on edge I really want to see Perez in a great team.

I would've liked to see Perez at Ferrari next year. Renault aren't going to be front runners anytime soon. I think he'd be just as well off at Force India next year.
I think Perez has done a quite brilliant job overall after his demotion from McLaren. You look at someone like Kvyat who has suffered a similar consequence and you realize how mentally strong Perez has been. I think as a fan of Vettel, I'd still have been disappointed with the Perez selection as I'm hoping for a Ricciardo re-match. However, I quite disagree that Force India is a better option than Renault. I can guarantee Force India aren't winning a championship anytime soon. They're an excellent team, but they simply don't have the budget to develop around the manufacturers. Plus, I'm in agreement with Ron Dennis that as a customer team you're always going to be behind the eight ball at this point of time. Let's not forget that Renault know how to win championships. If I were Perez, I'd sign with Renault in the blink of an eye. Sure, the bedding in will be a tough period and Force India might be ahead in the championship and capable of a couple of podiums over a season, but his best chance to win races and compete for a championship are at Renault, not Force India.

I'm a little excited about the Renault line up. I'd love to see Magnussen-Perez as a combination. A line up of Bottas-Perez will be quite underwhelming in my opinion. If I were Renault, I'd try to lure Button if he's up for a 3 year project and pair him with Magnussen.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

LookBackTime

Williams will have an 'exciting line-up' in 2017, says Claire Williams

Asked by Ted Kravitz after the Team Principals' press conference on Friday if she was closer to knowing who their drivers will be next year, Williams said: "I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you!"

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... e-williams

ChrisDanger

Ted interviewed the Renault team principle, who said Vandoorne has the option on a Renault contract but is sure he'll be with McLaren.

About 18m40s here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3sqiM1WWAY

Seems quite definite.

PlatinumZealot

Yds button to williams basically confirmed. Completing the circle.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

efuloni

LookBackTime wrote:Williams will have an 'exciting line-up' in 2017, says Claire Williams

Asked by Ted Kravitz after the Team Principals' press conference on Friday if she was closer to knowing who their drivers will be next year, Williams said: "I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you!"

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... e-williams
I think this means almost for sure that Massa is out. I dont see any 'exciting combination' with him. Except, maybe, for a possible Button-Massa. I said that in 2014 and repeat now: they are nice guy, old lads. I would like to see them together at Williams. A sympathetic duo for a sympathetic team.

godlameroso

Ocon and Perez at Renault next year, Button and Wehrlein at Williams or maybe Force India?
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u

Williams: Button & Perez [ Mercedes ]
Force India: Hulkenberg & Wehrlein [ Mercedes ]
Renault: Bottas & Ocon [ Renault Works ]
Toro Rosso: Sainz and Gasly [ Renault ]
Mclaren: Alonso & VanDoorne [ Honda Works ]
Haas: Grosjean & Nasr [ Ferrari ]
Sauber: Palmer & Sirotkin [ Renault ]
Manor: ?????????
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"