Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
godlameroso

Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Samraj_official wrote: Stop being Delusional about "Williams was better in 2014 B.S" , Williams cut a deal with Merc during Late 2013 and they were the first to receive the specification of Mercedes PU106 and this left an anti-competitive advantage to Williams through 2014 and continued till 2015........both FI and McLaren looked like Poorly sculpted cars early 2014..........if you still disagree then you must be a poor Williams Fanboy......
What deal? And deal has two sides to it. What did Mercedes gain from this, deal?
You have to admit the timing of it all seems a little coincidental. Williams was on the up as SOON as Toto involved himself with Williams. Do you not remember Maldonado winning in 2012 when Toto was executive director? Then his wife gets involved with the team while he goes off to Mercedes, 2013 they scored twice, clearly they were focusing all their efforts on 2014, and once his wife got bored with the team he took his influence with her, and they've been sliding backwards ever since.

I'm not saying anything definitively but it does strike me as a bit of a coincidence.

Back to the silliness, I guess I wasn't being as silly as I thought
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 28024.html

Ocon to Renault?
Saishū kōnā

Jolle

godlameroso wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Samraj_official wrote: Stop being Delusional about "Williams was better in 2014 B.S" , Williams cut a deal with Merc during Late 2013 and they were the first to receive the specification of Mercedes PU106 and this left an anti-competitive advantage to Williams through 2014 and continued till 2015........both FI and McLaren looked like Poorly sculpted cars early 2014..........if you still disagree then you must be a poor Williams Fanboy......
What deal? And deal has two sides to it. What did Mercedes gain from this, deal?
You have to admit the timing of it all seems a little coincidental. Williams was on the up as SOON as Toto involved himself with Williams. Do you not remember Maldonado winning in 2012 when Toto was executive director? Then his wife gets involved with the team while he goes off to Mercedes, 2013 they scored twice, clearly they were focusing all their efforts on 2014, and once his wife got bored with the team he took his influence with her, and they've been sliding backwards ever since.

I'm not saying anything definitively but it does strike me as a bit of a coincidence.

Back to the silliness, I guess I wasn't being as silly as I thought
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 28024.html

Ocon to Renault?
Toto Wolff was involved in Williams since 2009 until 2013. He sold his shares in 2014 and the remaining bit in 2016.

The conspiracy theory would suggest that Mercedes gave them a plan how the engine would connect to the chassis? Like the standerized mounting points? That would help on high speed circuits and not at all at chassis related circuits like Monaco (oh wait...) where Force India, who switched tech partners between 2013 and 14 from McLaren to Mercedes, is stronger. Or is it the deal that after it was clear that Williams had made a decent car, Mercedes dedicated to sponsor them a bit with extra branding? (Look at the engine covers, only Williams has the "Mercedes Benz" logo).

Facts Only

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Now then PZ, don't come in here with your considered thoughts and intelligent questions. It's all a big conspiracy instigated by Toto and Suzie don't you know!
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

skoop

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

jeah, stop spreading common sense!

Cold Fussion

This forum really needs a subsection for hysteria and conspiracy, or perhaps just a link to the autosport forums.

ChrisDanger

I usually don't like to post wild rumours, which this surely is, but I just read this:

Verstappen to Toro Rosso, Sainz to Red Bull. :lol:

godlameroso

This is the silly season thread, outlandish rumors and possibilities are not only allowed but encouraged, plenty of other threads to be serious, and get flamed for speculating in.
Saishū kōnā

Jolle

godlameroso wrote:This is the silly season thread, outlandish rumors and possibilities are not only allowed but encouraged, plenty of other threads to be serious, and get flamed for speculating in.
Don't be silly... :D

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:I usually don't like to post wild rumours, which this surely is, but I just read this:

Verstappen to Toro Rosso, Sainz to Red Bull. :lol:
Nahhh.....

Sainz to Ferrari, Kimi to RB only to see him clashing with Max every race. :mrgreen:

Cold Fussion

godlameroso wrote:This is the silly season thread, outlandish rumors and possibilities are not only allowed but encouraged, plenty of other threads to be serious, and get flamed for speculating in.
Not sure what unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about Mercedes engine supply have to do with the driver transfer market.

Jolle

godlameroso wrote:
Facts Only wrote:This rubbish about Williams being handed an advantage by Mercedes is the (2nd) biggest load of ill-informed crap i have ever read on F1t. I was there at the time and you are all talking complete bollocks. Get a grip and stop putting 2 & 2 together to make 4567, which you then claim is a 'fact'
Didn't you work as a janitor for McLaren or something?
Ah yes, the "revert to insults and bullying tactic" to make your point. Classy.

skoop

massa will end his career after this season

godlameroso

Jolle wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
Facts Only wrote:This rubbish about Williams being handed an advantage by Mercedes is the (2nd) biggest load of ill-informed crap i have ever read on F1t. I was there at the time and you are all talking complete bollocks. Get a grip and stop putting 2 & 2 together to make 4567, which you then claim is a 'fact'
I'm not, I clearly remember him saying something to that effect. I know he was joking as far as the exact role he had, and I understand that it can be sensitive information. In retrospect it probably wasn't the most mature comment I could have made.
Saishū kōnā

Samraj_official

Jolle wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
I work as a mechanical engineer,and I have overseen many in-house Competition design cars in India, more specifically College Competition cars, so PLS stop, I know you are a "Williams FanBoy", these useless poor insults tarnish your reputation in F1T than mine......PLS...behave......I am not jobless to post on F1T.....I like it and I post info....Fanboys don't need interference....and keep you baby Williams to yourself.....marry it.

Samraj_official

Lots of Angry Williams fanboys here...