[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
variante

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Ok, it's going to be another shitty race for me... I was aiming for the 1st place last race and came 4th, I'm aiming no more than 3rd this time...

Nice cars, BTW... the average level has increased quite a lot since the first seasons of KVRC.

Also, I want to say that JJR has produced an impressive car... A real beast that I couldn't probably beat even if I were designing at full regime. CAEdevice has made a huge step forward, and is very close to JJR...excellent job for a mechanical engineer :D
That's going to be a nice battle for the title!

LVDH

With that front wing I would also not count on a P1:
More images on the challenge page:
http://mantiumchallenge.com/renders-mvrc-sepang-2016/
I am most looking forward to seeing the numbers on the TF and Pure Power Racing cars.

CAEdevice

I notice a mix between high, medium and low df (and dr) cars, but efficiency will be the only parameter to look at this time.
I would expect less winglets and double profiles.

Would it be possible to see or download the pictures? The gallery scrolls to fast.

RicME85

Just realised I have made a bit of a --- up. In my rush to get the files zipped and submitted ice a WFlow simulation had finished late last night I failed to include a cover over the rear suspension.
Balls.

LVDH

I even spent time looking for it as it could have got lost in the scrutineering garage.

CAEdevice wrote: Would it be possible to see or download the pictures? The gallery scrolls to fast.
Is it not possible to download them with a right click from the challenge page?

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:I even spent time looking for it as it could have got lost in the scrutineering garage.

CAEdevice wrote: Would it be possible to see or download the pictures? The gallery scrolls to fast.
Yes, but it I am a bit lazy :D

RicME85

CAEdevice wrote:
LVDH wrote:I even spent time looking for it as it could have got lost in the scrutineering garage.

Yes, but it I am a bit lazy :D
All you have to do is right click on the page so the context window opens and the slideshow pauses. Click to get rid of it again and it resumes

CAEdevice

variante wrote: CAEdevice has made a huge step forward, and is very close to JJR...excellent job for a mechanical engineer :D

... a mechanical engineer does not excel in anything but manages to do quite well almost everything ;)

I have to say that I like the new rules and learned a lot during 2015. I hope that there will be a 2017 edition with even more realism and a bit more time between races: I would like to design a new car, still parametric, but with more advanced details and surface modeling.

At the moment I think that JJR and HP could have slightly superior efficiency (maybe TF too at Sepang) and Variante should have higher DF. I also like Talno Team car.

LVDH

Hi guys,
I have been watching the cars race for a while now. The battle for victory will be very very interesting as the top three cars show very different concepts. This time the JJR car looks like it is a bit difficult to drive but it sounds like it has much more power now. It will be a close one...

CAEdevice

Thanks for letting us peek :)

I was wondering a couple of things about the next races.

1) When will be Le Mans track available on VirtualStop Watch?

2) There will be any changes about heat exchangers dimensions and porosity coefficients?

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:Thanks for letting us peek :)

I was wondering a couple of things about the next races.

1) When will be Le Mans track available on VirtualStop Watch?
That might get done this weekend.
CAEdevice wrote:2) There will be any changes about heat exchanges dimensions and porosity coefficients?
Depending on how much time I have, maybe there will be a new radiator supplier for Le Mans. But I feel like I owe you guys other better stuff. So please stay patient.

Alonso Fan

LVDH wrote:Hi guys,
I have been watching the cars race for a while now. The battle for victory will be very very interesting as the top three cars show very different concepts. This time the JJR car looks like it is a bit difficult to drive but it sounds like it has much more power now. It will be a close one...
The race must have finished hours ago for all you guys, whilst my driver sips his cup of tea going round the final corner some time soon...

:)

Looking forward to the results :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

You can download the latest release (Step + STL) of the OS car following this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/31gyah1qm38h1 ... 1.zip?dl=0

I corrected the not rule compliant details and I added a "Mantium" diffuser that will add some rear downforce: I suggest to use a low df and dr rear wing for the next races.

AratzH

OMG, I am so disapointed at miself! I just got the compliance results and my car will be penalized for some really stupid mistake #-o .

If my concept works I just lost the surprise factor....
MVRC -> TF

cdsavage

AratzH wrote:OMG, I am so disapointed at miself! I just got the compliance results and my car will be penalized for some really stupid mistake #-o .

If my concept works I just lost the surprise factor....
Yeah, this one was unfortunate because it was a close call, and your car did very well this round. But I prefer to not give much leeway when it comes to the floor rules. At least it can be easily made legal without big changes to the overall concept.