2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

foxivan wrote:Bad news for Mclaren. Looks like BP chose Reault, and Mclaren only gets the fuel and lubricant supply deal.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016/12 ... xxonmobil/
Nobody said it will be a sponsorship deal, if you listened to Zak Brown's comments he said he has been given time frame till end of 2017 to find new title sponsor meaning the deal for BP to be title sponsor to Mclaren was never in place.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Eddie_Temple

I will be the first to admit that, like Ferrari using red year after year, I wish Mclaren had stuck with the chrome livery (and sprinkled sponsor color around the car). It was truly remarkable, unique, and beautiful in all lighting conditions (especially overcast!).

That said, I'm excited at the thought of a NEW LIVERY for Mclaren!
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

GoranF1

Tag gone,Ron gone, Mobil1 gone, Alonso gone...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Alonso Fan

For the sake of exciting racing and seeing two of the best in equal machinery, I hope, however unlikely it may be, that Alonso gets the Merc drive.

I don't think it will be likely however because he's probably already seen too much of next years car and engine to leave
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Manoah2u

ok, i just needed to change my underwear after seeing this photoshop. hot daym. that is seriously NSFW.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

DiogoBrand

Manoah2u wrote:https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.co ... 8064_n.jpg

ok, i just needed to change my underwear after seeing this photoshop. hot daym. that is seriously NSFW.
I just don't get why they had to make the rear wing lower again. It didn't look bad because it was tall, it dit because it's narrow as hell. Also the front tyres are too wide.

mclaren111

DiogoBrand wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.co ... 8064_n.jpg

I just don't get why they had to make the rear wing lower again. It didn't look bad because it was tall, it dit because it's narrow as hell. Also the front tyres are too wide.
Totally Agree !! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Chuckjr

Tires are perfect.

Goodbye Fred.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Manoah2u

'Nando @ Mercedes 2017.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Fer.Fan

foxivan wrote:Bad news for Mclaren. Looks like BP chose Reault, and Mclaren only gets the fuel and lubricant supply deal.

Yes indeed. Very bed news for Mclaren. Supply deal only means that Mclaren must pay for the fuel. It is another financial blow for the team.It also takes long time to make right fuel, costumer made, competitive fuel for Honda PU, it is indeed bad news.

Manoah2u

Oh dear.......

diffuser

I'm sure Alonzo has a contract for next year and I doubt Ron made it easy for him to get out of it. This is exactly what he wanted to prevent.

That being said, This is F1.

I personally would be sad to have him go.

mclaren111

Fer.Fan wrote:

Yes indeed. Very bed news for Mclaren. Supply deal only means that Mclaren must pay for the fuel. It is another financial blow for the team.It also takes long time to make right fuel, costumer made, competitive fuel for Honda PU, it is indeed bad news.
Starting to agree now that it was good idea to get rid of Ron.

taperoo2k

diffuser wrote:I'm sure Alonzo has a contract for next year and I doubt Ron made it easy for him to get out of it. This is exactly what he wanted to prevent.

That being said, This is F1.

I personally would be sad to have him go.
Money talks in F1, all Alonso really cares about is winning a 3rd title. McLaren have Jenson signed to a deal, so even if Alonso leaves they have a driver who doesn't need time to get upto speed with the team. That's if Jenson wants to go racing. of course Alonso could leave, find the Mercedes isn't as dominant and McLaren Honda have pulled a miracle off with a race winning car and power unit (fanciful thought that one as things stand).

As far as sponsors go ? I don't think the situation will improve until McLaren are back at the sharp end of the grid. But who knows, Brown might work some magic in that area.

zeph

mclaren111 wrote:Starting to agree now that it was good idea to get rid of Ron.
Yes, he shouldn't have come back in the first place. His achievements speak for themselves, but his return in 2014 was even worse than Schu's return in 2010.