Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
godlameroso

Re: Honda Power Unit

I'll laugh if he leaves and then McLaren goes on to win with Vandoorne.
Saishū kōnā

mclaren111

godlameroso wrote:I'll laugh if he leaves and then McLaren goes on to win with Vandoorne.
With Alonso's luck / bad timing that is almost a given !!

Bye Bye Fernando :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Joseki

It's mid December and we still don't know what kind of fuel and oil Honda will use next year, and even if Wazari posted something on this topic a few days ago I'm still worried about it, and I'm more worried thinking about fuel development during the season.

lio007

Joseki wrote:It's mid December and we still don't know what kind of fuel and oil Honda will use next year, and even if Wazari posted something on this topic a few days ago I'm still worried about it, and I'm more worried thinking about fuel development during the season.
From 2017 onwards the regulations are changed:
19.7.3 No competitor may have more than five fuel formulations approved for use during a Championship season.
19.7.4 No competitor may have more than two approved fuels available during an Event.

kptaylor

Joseki wrote:It's mid December and we still don't know what kind of fuel and oil Honda will use next year, and even if Wazari posted something on this topic a few days ago I'm still worried about it, and I'm more worried thinking about fuel development during the season.
Don't forget not to confuse fuel/lube sponsor with fuel/lube supplier. I'm pretty sure Honda has been testing/using specific fuels as they developed the 2017 PU, and I'm fairly sure they have deals in place for that supplier to be locked in for the 2017 season.

NL_Fer

So guys, been out for a few weeks. What's cooking for 2017, a split turbo, a Ferrari like more traditional config or an improved compressor-in-vee?

GoranF1

Someone told me fuel will not be a problem at all and nothing to worry about it .
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Roostfactor

NL_Fer,

No news yet on turbo config. The latest chat is on throttle pedal travel, mapping, etc. Read the last few pages and join the fun.

PlatinumZealot

Where are the end of season photos of the engine? Did Honda have it on display in a gem case again?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Joseki

Re: RE: Re: Honda Power Unit

PlatinumZealot wrote:Where are the end of season photos of the engine? Did Honda have it on display in a gem case again?
An early spec of the 2016 unit was displayed in public for the Japanese GP.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

diffuser

f1i.com has the best shots I've seen.

bigblue

Also see Ted's Qualifying Notebook for the Japanese Grand Prix at around 24 mins. http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24100/ ... grand-prix

Joseki

Interesting quotes from Hasegawa on F1i.com.

“Of course we set a target but honestly speaking, the target we set wasn’t big enough or good enough. So we weren’t optimistic enough with our target. I think the other teams were doing a very good job.”

Also I didn't noticed until now but now on the side of the McLaren there's a "HYBRID" written under the classic "HONDA" sign.

mclaren111

Joseki wrote:Interesting quotes from Hasegawa on F1i.com.

“Of course we set a target but honestly speaking, the target we set wasn’t big enough or good enough. So we weren’t optimistic enough with our target. I think the other teams were doing a very good job.”

Also I didn't noticed until now but now on the side of the McLaren there's a "HYBRID" written under the classic "HONDA" sign.
Hybrid only appeared in Abu Dhabi

RedNEO

godlameroso wrote:I'll laugh if he leaves and then McLaren goes on to win with Vandoorne.
He's staying which I think is the right thing. Stability within a team, especially next year, is more important than ever as the working relationships are already built. Zac Brown said in the latest article on Skysports that McLaren are feeling pretty bullish about making a similar jump like they did this year.