Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nevill3

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

GM7 wrote:Wolff said there are only 3 names left on his list.

Alonso : Briatore said no to Mercedes.
Ocon : Mercedes is not talking with Force India.
Raikkonen : He stays at Ferrari.
Vettel : He stays at Ferrari.
Verstappen : Marko said no.
Ricciardo : Marko said no.
Bottas : Wolff and Mercedes are linked with Williams, and he don't want to put Williams in trouble with 2 young drivers.

Wolff wants someone who can help the team to adjust the car, so a driver with experience.

So in my opinion the list is :

Weihrlein / Grosjean / Perez
I think it should be Wehrlein/ Grosjean/Perez/ Di Resta/ Massa

The last two have no F1 driver contracts to break and both are experienced relatively error free drivers
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

GM7

Wolff said "only 3 names left on our list" you need to choose :P

TAG

adrianjordan wrote:Not sure I agree with Hamilton being in 6th though.
Lots of flaws in the model so I think it should be taken as entertainment more than insightful detail. One of the biggest flaws that I can see is that you can't overtake anyone from first place, the other and more flagrant oversight is that it doesn't account for teams that use number 1 and number 2 driver tactics.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

nevill3

GM7 wrote:Wolff said "only 3 names left on our list" you need to choose :P

where did he say this please, and did he also name the three drivers left or is this just guesswork
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Manoah2u

Thunders wrote:Briatore says Fernando will stay at McLaren:
http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/1 ... cedes.html
That's all, folks. Logic.

[/quote]

Well shoot.
Sounds fair enough, but this also can be read differently;

Mercedes might not be as competitive at all in 2017 as we all expect and assume is happening - which could be further 'motivated' by the departure of Rosberg, and Lewis threatening to ditch them mid-season [ after all, why shoot the hand that 'feeds' you unless you know that the food will run out anyway at the end of 2016 ]?
Also, Paddy Lowe leaving Mercedes.....[not that i think the biggest force behind Merc came from him but his predecessors and he's timing it to jump ship and keep honor to himself].....

AND,
why would Alonso stay with a far less competent Mclaren when he can get in a WDC Merc? Unless the truth is that the Mclaren should be WDC material..... [-o<

anyway.
Too bad. It now can only disappoint.
Unless it's Kobayashi.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

i70q7m7ghw

BREAKING: Alonso yet to comment on his own future.
Take everything everyone is saying with a pinch of salt. Nothing is for certain until Mercedes make the announcement, anything can happen.

GM7

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Merc ... 12240.html

Wehrlein is in the list (100% sure) but Perez and Grosjean are my guess, because we know since yesterday that Alonso and Bottas will not be in the 2nd Mercedes car next year.

Manoah2u

Button, Perez, Wehrlein
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FrukostScones

ALO BOT WEH
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GM7

Wehrlein / Grosjean / Perez or Wehrlein / Grosjean / Button or Wehrlein / Perez / Button.

Sevach

Sebi80

I thing KUB-BOT end im 100% sure

kptaylor

Well, GRO, BOT and PER all have contracts, too, so why does everyone think they're in play and ALO isn't? Fernando hasn't said a word and I don't believe Flavio or Toto until it's announced. How about more fuel for the fire. ALO to Mercedes for Paddy?!

SR71

It's going to be Vettel.

Wolff said "we don't even know if he would like to join Mercedes" (or something like that)

Translation: Vettel please call me.

Racer X

GM7 wrote:http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Merc ... 12240.html

Wehrlein is in the list (100% sure) but Perez and Grosjean are my guess, because we know since yesterday that Alonso and Bottas will not be in the 2nd Mercedes car next year.
Wehrlein is for sure we can all guess that much even if he doesn't get the drive you know he has to be considered. The other two are a huge mystery because all good drivers have contracts.

We now know that even tho Perez has a Force India Contract apparently he can break them really easy.

So that's not a bad guess.

How ever I think they would go for some one like Massa who can drive one final year and allow you to have a solid driver as a number 2 or. Bring take a risk on a young driver like Wehrlein but Perez is such a good balance of experience and youth.

It's so hard I could understand them picking up Perez, Wehrlein, or Massa.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ