2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Same story on the english site:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rival ... ks-858200/

With some wild speculation:
But amid suggestions that the key disagreement between Lowe and his bosses relates to his salary, sources have revealed that – with another outfit willing to outbid Mercedes – the 53-year-old could be poised to make a switch.

It is unclear which team is the main contender to lure him away, but it is understood not to be Ferrari – which has been most strongly liked with the Briton. A switch to another British team is much more likely.

While Renault is restructuring, the most logical destination for Lowe would be a return to Williams, where he started his F1 career. The outfit could even offer him equity as part of any agreement in an attempt to secure his services.
I can't see Williams out-bid Mercedes. Not while they have Pat Symonds anyway. Renault or Mclaren would make much more sense.

Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:
proteus wrote:Im not hating, but i highly dislike him, because of his diva persona and his demand he is the only violin in the team. His attitude is the cause of lower total performanses of the teams he was driving in. What happened when he didnt get what he demanded in 07?
Nothing, maybe you can´t remind but he accepted equal treatment with a rookie despite being the current two times world champion, and the unquestionable evidence is the alternating strategy priority the got from first GP

How many WDC would accept that? Fair question, please reply

Then there was all sort of problems inside the team, including preferential treatment to the rookie showed in Monaco, when Lewis put a claim agains Alonso, and Dennis did NOTHING.

What sort of team principal accept one of his drivers claiming against the other and ruining a 1-2 for the team? Only one who paid Lewis career since he was 12. Any other would have stopped that claim and solve it internally, but Dennis didn´t and they started the race 1-5 instead of 1-2. BTW, that claim was caused by an incident caused by Lewis, he didn´t let Alonso pass when he was asked to do so by the team (alternating strategy priority). Then Alonso kept stopped 10 seconds more than neccessary while asking the team the reason they put used tires to try the pole and Lewis didn´t have time for a second attempt for the pole, and put the claim.

Incident initially caused by Lewis, Lewis put a claim, and causes a harm to the team who did nothing to stop it.

Heck you just need to look at wall reaction when Lewis made a pole or when it was Alonso, Lewis was team favourite by far, but some people still insist saying Alonso didn´t accept equal treatment. Alonso did accept equal treatment as first third of the season proves, it´s favouritism to the rookie driver what he didn´t accept.

Alonso moving from best team to a poor Renault next season, despite there was a valid contract with McLaren, is another unquestionable evidence. Who would be so stupid to change a winning car with a midfielder at best if he was receiving equal treatment? None. In F1 (confidentiality clauses all around) you can´t get a more solid evidence than this. Nobody can tell us the truth, but facts are facts, a top driver with a valid contract with best team will only move to a midfielder if he´s receiving a very unfair treatment in that team
I know we don't agree at all times - which is good imho, as a palatte is better when having many colors around - but this post is the win of the day. 100% times a 100% agree here. =D> =D>
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

ME4ME wrote:Same story on the english site:

But amid suggestions that the key disagreement between Lowe and his bosses relates to his salary, sources have revealed that – with another outfit willing to outbid Mercedes – the 53-year-old could be poised to make a switch.

It is unclear which team is the main contender to lure him away, but it is understood not to be Ferrari – which has been most strongly liked with the Briton. A switch to another British team is much more likely.

While Renault is restructuring, the most logical destination for Lowe would be a return to Williams, where he started his F1 career. The outfit could even offer him equity as part of any agreement in an attempt to secure his services.
I can't see Williams out-bid Mercedes. Not while they have Pat Symonds anyway. Renault or Mclaren would make much more sense.
manor!
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

proteus

Please don't spread nonsense, you can express your opinion but not give wrong facts. And Alonso (as well as Hamilton) got even more mature now and an even better package. So, if Merc gets him in 2017 we will see awesome racing and also some light will be thrown too...
As a Mclaren fan i would love that to happen as i highly disliked his return into the team. I only gave my personal opinion, and i didnt insult noone and jet all of the protectors started ranting at full pressure and saying im damaged since i dont believe in him. I wrote what i see in him and his behaviour (- a great and very talented driver, but all of that fades with his attitude and internal demands in the team which are harmfull for the overall results)- and sorry, but i cant take a critic seriously from a person with a nickname ALO_Power which is not biased at all, right? . Secondly, i dont fancy Hamilton either , since he developed his own behavour in recent years and is showing same attitude.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

frosty125

I'm going to be honest I hope Lowe doesn't return to McLaren, I think Mercedes success is much more down to the team Brawn put together using Aldo Costa and Geof Willis + the guys at AMG HPE than anything Lowe has done he was given a winning formula and just needed to not mess with it.

Saying that i'm unsure McLaren have got the winning formula yet. For several years now McLaren seemed to have had issues with their non-aero vehicle dynamics.

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
proteus wrote:Im not hating, but i highly dislike him, because of his diva persona and his demand he is the only violin in the team. His attitude is the cause of lower total performanses of the teams he was driving in. What happened when he didnt get what he demanded in 07?
Nothing, maybe you can´t remind but he accepted equal treatment with a rookie despite being the current two times world champion, and the unquestionable evidence is the alternating strategy priority the got from first GP

How many WDC would accept that? Fair question, please reply

Then there was all sort of problems inside the team, including preferential treatment to the rookie showed in Monaco, when Lewis put a claim agains Alonso, and Dennis did NOTHING.

What sort of team principal accept one of his drivers claiming against the other and ruining a 1-2 for the team? Only one who paid Lewis career since he was 12. Any other would have stopped that claim and solve it internally, but Dennis didn´t and they started the race 1-5 instead of 1-2. BTW, that claim was caused by an incident caused by Lewis, he didn´t let Alonso pass when he was asked to do so by the team (alternating strategy priority). Then Alonso kept stopped 10 seconds more than neccessary while asking the team the reason they put used tires to try the pole and Lewis didn´t have time for a second attempt for the pole, and put the claim.

Incident initially caused by Lewis, Lewis put a claim, and causes a harm to the team who did nothing to stop it.

Heck you just need to look at wall reaction when Lewis made a pole or when it was Alonso, Lewis was team favourite by far, but some people still insist saying Alonso didn´t accept equal treatment. Alonso did accept equal treatment as first third of the season proves, it´s favouritism to the rookie driver what he didn´t accept.

Alonso moving from best team to a poor Renault next season, despite there was a valid contract with McLaren, is another unquestionable evidence. Who would be so stupid to change a winning car with a midfielder at best if he was receiving equal treatment? None. In F1 (confidentiality clauses all around) you can´t get a more solid evidence than this. Nobody can tell us the truth, but facts are facts, a top driver with a valid contract with best team will only move to a midfielder if he´s receiving a very unfair treatment in that team
I know we don't agree at all times - which is good imho, as a palatte is better when having many colors around - but this post is the win of the day. 100% times a 100% agree here. =D> =D>
Thank you, and yes I agree, diagreing and discussing is good, at least while respect is kept

taperoo2k

ME4ME wrote:Same story on the english site:

Depends if Stroll's father is investing money into Williams, if he is then Lowe is not out of reach for Williams.
We shall have to wait and see.

Andres125sx

It is funny to read a downvote because of "factual incorrect fanboy nosense", but then the author does not provide any factual correct explanation or correction :roll: #-o :lol: :lol:

Fanboys surely can´t argue, they can only downvote and accuse people of their own sins :mrgreen:

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

eh no. seat fitting in a standard monocoque.

Big Mangalhit

ALO_Power wrote:
proteus wrote:
Do you mean when car wasn´t good enough to enter Q2? Then I agree, but that´s the same for any other driver. If that´s not what you mean then please clarify
Agreed, i meant exactly that. When the car was not up to pace, he didnt/couldnt deliver. But some people still write he is like a superman, adding 30 hp to the engine with just sitting in the car. I tried to prove this point and aparently failed to do so (u were the only one recognizing my intention, so points for u :wink: )
Lol anyone hatin' and critisizing Alonso this season, after he crashed like crazy thanks to Guiterrez in a crash that had the potential to actually kill him right there - is out of their g*dd*mn mind.
Im not hating, but i highly dislike him, because of his diva persona and his demand he is the only violin in the team. His attitude is the cause of lower total performanses of the teams he was driving in. What happened when he didnt get what he demanded in 07? Rookie got him matched on the track, and what did he do? He intentionally ratted out its own team for imunity and somehow he wasnt in the justice mood in the next season, getting victory with a Piquet piruete. Ok, Mclaren cheated in 07, all fair they got penalised, but his twofaced and hipokritic attitude was shown in that two seasons.
Alonso is the best you can get - guaranteed - besides Hamilton [ and i actually concider Alonso better ].
Alonso is the best what u can get - YES, but he is the worst u can get for a team effort, because he will demand all the attention for himself and himself only, leaving the other guy fighting for the scraps which affects the team standing at the end of the season.

Not fair to judge me being out of my g*dd*mn mind only for not smiling and notting to the general publics opinion. I dislike arogant and selfish people. He is both of that, and he is bad for the team im rooting for. Thats what i feel and i believe. No need to be rude for it.
Honestly man, I had a different opinion of a user like you but now you destroyed everything. You just talk over extremely high emotion charge and huge fanaticism, and obviously you're just another Alonso hater. Why? Because all the arguments you gave are invalid by facts and history itself.

1) When the car is not up to pace Alonso can't deliver.
Biggest joke on the planet. Alonso is famous for delivering even with a very poor car ! What you want to remember? Ferrari? With which he lost many championships over few points while not being the best car ???? Or McLaren-Honda ? McLaren, a car that struggles to get even into the midfield and he scored 54 points (10th) while Button scored 21 (15th). And by the way, in any season he demolished any of his team mates by much! Just go find where Massa finished in 2010 or 2012 or whatever. So ye, Alonso is always giving the 120% of the given car and he's still on it even being much older than anyone! Why you think everyone believes it and why you think he is the highest paid driver on the grid?
Wow the irony. You accuse him of "talk over extremely high emotion charge and huge fanaticism", when clearly you are the one doing it. He just expressed his opinion with well justified arguments. You on the other hand gave a completely emotional response with a lot of crazy saying.

I actually think Alonso is the best driver on the grid, but that just means that he can deliver a higher percentage of performance of the car theoretical max. If a driver is absolutely perfect he will deliver 100%, but never more than that, 120% is just impossible.

In other words, just because alonso is in the car, the car itself will not gain 30hp and improve on its potential, he will just extract more of it than other drivers (especially in difficult cars). These words are exactly what Proteus correctly stated.

ALO_Power

Big Mangalhit wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
proteus wrote:
Agreed, i meant exactly that. When the car was not up to pace, he didnt/couldnt deliver. But some people still write he is like a superman, adding 30 hp to the engine with just sitting in the car. I tried to prove this point and aparently failed to do so (u were the only one recognizing my intention, so points for u :wink: )

Im not hating, but i highly dislike him, because of his diva persona and his demand he is the only violin in the team. His attitude is the cause of lower total performanses of the teams he was driving in. What happened when he didnt get what he demanded in 07? Rookie got him matched on the track, and what did he do? He intentionally ratted out its own team for imunity and somehow he wasnt in the justice mood in the next season, getting victory with a Piquet piruete. Ok, Mclaren cheated in 07, all fair they got penalised, but his twofaced and hipokritic attitude was shown in that two seasons.

Alonso is the best what u can get - YES, but he is the worst u can get for a team effort, because he will demand all the attention for himself and himself only, leaving the other guy fighting for the scraps which affects the team standing at the end of the season.

Not fair to judge me being out of my g*dd*mn mind only for not smiling and notting to the general publics opinion. I dislike arogant and selfish people. He is both of that, and he is bad for the team im rooting for. Thats what i feel and i believe. No need to be rude for it.
Honestly man, I had a different opinion of a user like you but now you destroyed everything. You just talk over extremely high emotion charge and huge fanaticism, and obviously you're just another Alonso hater. Why? Because all the arguments you gave are invalid by facts and history itself.

1) When the car is not up to pace Alonso can't deliver.
Biggest joke on the planet. Alonso is famous for delivering even with a very poor car ! What you want to remember? Ferrari? With which he lost many championships over few points while not being the best car ???? Or McLaren-Honda ? McLaren, a car that struggles to get even into the midfield and he scored 54 points (10th) while Button scored 21 (15th). And by the way, in any season he demolished any of his team mates by much! Just go find where Massa finished in 2010 or 2012 or whatever. So ye, Alonso is always giving the 120% of the given car and he's still on it even being much older than anyone! Why you think everyone believes it and why you think he is the highest paid driver on the grid?
Wow the irony. You accuse him of "talk over extremely high emotion charge and huge fanaticism", when clearly you are the one doing it. He just expressed his opinion with well justified arguments. You on the other hand gave a completely emotional response with a lot of crazy saying.

I actually think Alonso is the best driver on the grid, but that just means that he can deliver a higher percentage of performance of the car theoretical max. If a driver is absolutely perfect he will deliver 100%, but never more than that, 120% is just impossible.

In other words, just because alonso is in the car, the car itself will not gain 30hp and improve on its potential, he will just extract more of it than other drivers (especially in difficult cars). These words are exactly what Proteus correctly stated.
Sorry but no, I gave facts but you just kept the 120% thing. He claimed as a fact something that's completely wrong and exactly the opposite is true. (like claiming that earth is flat...) The 120% thing wasn't something absolute, but ye there are times when you can give more than the car can give and not on pace (not qualifying) but on races. With good moves, starts, attacks, defenses you can keep a car that shouldn't be in a place it is there. But again that 120% is quite metaphorical, and what it means is what Alonso did with Ferrari or McLaren etc. (pushing a car beyond the position it should be). That's what I meant, not that a driver can add 30hp... Please don't change my words.

GoranF1

Manoah2u wrote:eh no. seat fitting in a standard monocoque.
what are the actual evidence that it is not 2017 chassis?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

The lack of air box?
Saishū kōnā

Andres125sx

^This. Also, it would make no sense to build a 2017 chassis at this point of the winter, they´re still in last phase of design process