F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Brett54
0
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 am

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Brett54 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:31 am

Why a separate unit that bolts ONTO the head, rather than components that fit into a bore in the head casting (aka RA806E)?

Brett54
0
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:48 am

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Brett54 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:37 am

Brett54 wrote:Why a separate unit that bolts ONTO the head, rather than components that fit into a bore in the head casting (aka RA806E)?


Is this from a Cosworth TJ V10 with Beam Head?

Facts Only
238
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:25 am

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Facts Only » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Brett54 wrote:
Brett54 wrote:Why a separate unit that bolts ONTO the head, rather than components that fit into a bore in the head casting (aka RA806E)?


Is this from a Cosworth TJ V10 with Beam Head?


It has a 'CA' part number so I assume its from a CA V8
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Brian.G
117
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Brian.G » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Brett54 wrote:Why a separate unit that bolts ONTO the head, rather than components that fit into a bore in the head casting (aka RA806E)?

Far lighter end result I would imagine. Also easier for micro drilling various passages too, not to mention that 'billet' alloy can be trusted fully in terms of air tightness in comparison to some cast areas. Also replaceable with ease.

Brian,
If you think you cant, you wont, If you think you can, you will

Dec
1
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Dec » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Excellent post again Brian! Thank you once again for the effort :)

Regards,

Dec

Brian.G
117
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: F1 Pneumatic Valve Spring, a closer look

Postby Brian.G » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 am

Dec wrote:Excellent post again Brian! Thank you once again for the effort :)

Regards,

Dec

Thanks Dec!

Brian,
If you think you cant, you wont, If you think you can, you will




Return to “Engine, transmission and controls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BLEX [Bot], CCBot [Bot], FW17, hurril and 7 guests