Mercedes AMG Hyper Car

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Cold Fussion

Re: Mercedes AMG Hyper Car

Post by Cold Fussion » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:42 am

humble sabot

Post by humble sabot » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 am

ooh, interesting. Might really take it to the Aston on the tighter stuff.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

SR71

Post by SR71 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:32 pm

WaikeCU

Post by WaikeCU » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 am

Hmmm... somehow I think Merc will be back in Le Mans fighting for the win. Any chance this is just the beginning of what could be a LMP1 program?
Creator / Artist of Magnified Official
Celebrating the greatest
FB: https://www.facebook.com/magnified.official
IG: https://www.instagram.com/magnified.official/

Bonker T

Post by Bonker T » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 am

F1 and LMP1 would be very expensive...

j2004p

Post by j2004p » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 am

Reminds me of a Jaguar XJ220

wesley123

Post by wesley123 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 am

"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

roon

Post by roon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

I wonder if those big NACA ducts are the main radiator ducts. They seem too big for only engine bay cooling. The central roof intake might be limited confirmation of them using their F1 engine architecture. Although I wonder how related the two will end up being. Will we see a 500+ hp/l engine in this car? Or something with more displacement using similar hybrid tech. Furthermore would the NVH of a high output triple throw 90* V6 be acceptable in this application or might we see some altered geometry?

Pierce89

Post by Pierce89 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Bonker T wrote:F1 and LMP1 would be very expensive...
A cool billion a year is nothing :lol:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

roon

Post by roon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:16 pm

There's only one better way to blow that kind of money. A trick diesel exhaust system.

Cold Fussion

Post by Cold Fussion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:53 am

roon wrote:I wonder if those big NACA ducts are the main radiator ducts. They seem too big for only engine bay cooling. The central roof intake might be limited confirmation of them using their F1 engine architecture. Although I wonder how related the two will end up being. Will we see a 500+ hp/l engine in this car? Or something with more displacement using similar hybrid tech. Furthermore would the NVH of a high output triple throw 90* V6 be acceptable in this application or might we see some altered geometry?
How are they going to deal with the fact that these F1 engines are going to have crazy high NOx emissions? If they go for a standard three-way cat then they will no longer be able to run full time lean, removing one of the core 'features' of these engines. Perhaps they will use some form of urea injection into the exhaust to catalyse the NOx. Whether or not that is reasonable for the target audience is unknown to me.

SR71

Post by SR71 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 am

just having a little fun.... diffuser should end about there :-)

Jokes aside I did pump up the brightness for the rest of the image. Merc blacked out everything we're not supposed to see yet.

Jolle

Post by Jolle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 am

Cold Fussion wrote:
roon wrote:I wonder if those big NACA ducts are the main radiator ducts. They seem too big for only engine bay cooling. The central roof intake might be limited confirmation of them using their F1 engine architecture. Although I wonder how related the two will end up being. Will we see a 500+ hp/l engine in this car? Or something with more displacement using similar hybrid tech. Furthermore would the NVH of a high output triple throw 90* V6 be acceptable in this application or might we see some altered geometry?
How are they going to deal with the fact that these F1 engines are going to have crazy high NOx emissions? If they go for a standard three-way cat then they will no longer be able to run full time lean, removing one of the core 'features' of these engines. Perhaps they will use some form of urea injection into the exhaust to catalyse the NOx. Whether or not that is reasonable for the target audience is unknown to me.
In a road car setup you won't need the extreme lean cycles.

iulian_florea

Post by iulian_florea » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm

I would be surprised if the PU would be camless or have a single turbo, like F1 cars.

Cold Fussion

Post by Cold Fussion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Jolle wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
In a road car setup you won't need the extreme lean cycles.
Is it really an F1 engine though if it has markedly lower efficiency in it's road going version? We'll see how much of it comes from the AMG marketing department compared to the F1 team when it arrives I guess.