2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Yes that copper-orange looks really cool.

Anyway we will have definite clarification soon, i tweeted Mr. Brown about it. :D Wo if anyone at the MTC hears him laughing hysterically today, that would be my fault. :mrgreen:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

jonnybgoode

I feel like that livery from the we saw at the launch of the new watch looks like a cracked shell with orange waiting to explode from underneath it...

GoranF1

jonnybgoode wrote:I feel like that livery from the we saw at the launch of the new watch looks like a cracked shell with orange waiting to explode from underneath it...
My toughts as well....orange and black may change places on that livery from watch launch.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

a1b2i3r45

"Every single team has been asked to provide simulations for their 2017 cars. We used these simulations to feed our simulation software." So FIA already knows the 2017 pecking order. I wonder where McLaren lies in the order.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-20 ... ia-866178/

Lucky

Manoah2u

i hope not, that looks ugly.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
The more important thing on this pic is the castrol logo!

Manoah2u

yeah but the livery's still ugly like that. i'd rather see it full orange.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

RedNEO

lio007 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
The more important picture is the real photo of Vandoorne wearing Castrol sponsored gear.

RedNEO

F1 » McLaren’s mooted Castrol switch ties closer links for Honda

It is suspected McLaren will switch oil and fuel supplier for the first time in over two decades which could provide Honda a closer working relationship with its potential new partner Castrol.

McLaren is rumoured to be acting quickly with a linkup with BP-owned Castrol for next season which may work to the advantage of its engine supplier Honda who already has strong connections to the British oil company.

Honda currently works with Castrol in MotoGP, with Cal Crutchlow's privateer LCR Honda team, as well as its factory efforts in World Superbikes and the World Touring Car Championship.

With oil partners working closely and directly impacting engine performance, it is believed Honda will support the switch – something which McLaren racing director Eric Boullier would allow despite not specifically referencing a mooted McLaren-Castrol tie-up which he refused to comment on in Mexico

“If you had to change technical partner like this which is very important I guess there would be enough time to allow a new partner to develop and start with the same base as you left,” Boullier said.

“Of course the fuel and lubricants are one of the most important elements for the power unit,” Honda boss Yuseke Hasegawa added.

Castrol has previously worked with McLaren in F1 between 1979-1980 and its last involvement in the sport ended in 2006 after a nine-year partnership with Williams. Castrol has also partnered Team Lotus, Brabham, Jaguar and Walter Wolf Racing in F1.
So no longer a rumour, the cats out the bag. I think they are saving this announcement for the launch.

Original picture source - (snapchat) https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... hat_story/

Manoah2u

RedNEO wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
The more important picture is the real photo of Vandoorne wearing Castrol sponsored gear.
and no one of you guys realise i was not quoting that picture at all but the twitter post of Sean Bull ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
lio007 wrote: The more important thing on this pic is the castrol logo!
and no one of you guys realise i was not quoting that picture at all but the twitter post of Sean Bull ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
What?
I think you're confused. The guy quoting you was talking about the Castrol logo in the Sean Bull twitter post. And I said that picture is irrelevant because it's just a fan image compared to a photo of Vandoorne wearing a T-shirt with the Castrol logo. Get it?

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
lio007 wrote: The more important thing on this pic is the castrol logo!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
:D haha... Indeed. Sorry for that. Unhappy coincidence that Lucky posted the castrol-Image and right after that you quoted the seanbull-post from Lucky.
Anyway, it's going OT.

PlatinumZealot

Don't you guys see that the hexagon livery represents a shell or some sort of crust that is cracking, waiting to explode into a thousand peices to reveal a bright hot core underneath? So expect that orangey colour to be the livery. The current rocket red is really orange in person too.. So it could also used agin.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏