Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1Krof

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Told ya'...

I banked 8K € ;) hahhahaha

Life's good! Damnnn
Wroom wroom

hemichromis

What was the bet?

F1Krof

hemichromis wrote:What was the bet?
1/33 second day Rosberg retired. Everybody was jumping on Verstappen Alonso Verhlein Vettel..., I had information it was gonna be Bottas all along. You can find my posts on this Subject. I put 240 Euros on Bottas.
Wroom wroom

Eddie_Temple

I love Mateschitz.
http://en.f1i.com/news/86862-mateschitz ... cedes.html

"Carlos Sainz has developed strongly, while with Daniil Kvyat, we are guilty of relying on him too much."

"Pierre Gasly will work as a junior substitute driver and work a lot in the simulator."
So by what race should we expect Gasly in the STR? Bahrain?

Also, we need a Silly Season for engineers.... gotta love this quote:
"Renault brought new, ambitious and above all competent people on board for 2016, and there was much progress with (Mario) Illien," Mateschitz said.
How is CA still running Renault when at the end of 2015 he admitted his team had run out of ideas. This is F1, you don't run out of ideas. Watching them implode this year with RB destroying everyone they can only continues to vindicate RB.
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

PlatinumZealot

He did what he was supposed to do in the end, so that's why he keeps his job I guess.. Oh. And his family has very deep ties in Renault. He won't be gone any time soon.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

I only Hope Gutiérrez does not make it back with Manor....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Daliracing

if gutierrez brings the money to safe the team i would say give it a go

Manoah2u

Guiterrez has crossed over to Formula E, we won't be seeing him in F1 again.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ESPImperium

There are a few rumours out there that Manor will be saved, they will miss the first teat but make the second with a Ron Dennis backed bid in order to shove it to the McLaren shareholders. One rumour is that he is trying to get the present shareholders at McLaren to buy him out, and with two well funded drivers be on the grid with a good car for Melbourne. However the team will need a £23m investment to fund it for the first half of the year, and outscore any other team to be in P10 till then, and another £33m to see the season out.

If there is two drivers that can bring £20m each to the table, and a investor can bring the rest, like a Ron Dennis, id say Manor will be on the grid, but the 20th is the cut off date, and if this date can't be met, the team will sadly go under.

Scorpaguy

Manoah2u wrote:Guiterrez has crossed over to Formula E, we won't be seeing him in F1 again.
I seriously doubt Guit will be the last defection. One could predict RedBull will buy F1 and merge it with RB Air Race. Formula E will then take over the tracks no longer needed by the F1 airplanes. Ferrari, unwilling to leave, will try and resurrect the ground based, petrol grand prix sport and create a league filled with nothing but Ferraris...they will finish third in the Constructor's Championship.

Formula E is COMING FAST...and the automotive/automotive-related manufacturers are running away from F1, straight towards Formula E. Thank you Bernie E and the wind tunnel for this fiasco.

Gerhardsa

Scorpaguy wrote: Formula E is COMING FAST...and the automotive/automotive-related manufacturers are running away from F1, straight towards Formula E. Thank you Bernie E and the wind tunnel for this fiasco.
I don't see any manufacturers running away from Formula 1? Did I miss something?
In fact, even a company mostly known for their motorbikes and racing in MotoGP re-joined F1 :wink:
And, Renault bought their old F1 team back so... who's running away?

You don't defect from F1 to go to Formula E. You go to Formula E because you either don't have money, aint an Alonso, or it turned out you cant cut it, so you lost your seat... Gutiérrez style!
Last edited by Gerhardsa on 18 Jan 2017, 12:18, edited 2 times in total.

Manoah2u

Scorpaguy wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Guiterrez has crossed over to Formula E, we won't be seeing him in F1 again.
I seriously doubt Guit will be the last defection. One could predict RedBull will buy F1 and merge it with RB Air Race. Formula E will then take over the tracks no longer needed by the F1 airplanes. Ferrari, unwilling to leave, will try and resurrect the ground based, petrol grand prix sport and create a league filled with nothing but Ferraris...they will finish third in the Constructor's Championship.

Formula E is COMING FAST...and the automotive/automotive-related manufacturers are running away from F1, straight towards Formula E. Thank you Bernie E and the wind tunnel for this fiasco.
what on earth are you talking about?

also

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2017 ... formula-e/
Esteban Gutierrez will join the FIA Formula E Championship and make the transition to the all-electric racing series for a number of select events for the remainder of the season, including the Mexico City ePrix on April 1.

The 25-year-old Mexican star - who has previously raced in Formula 1 and GP2 - will get behind the wheel of a fully-electric car in front of his home fans for the second running of the Mexico City ePrix at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, and the inaugural New York City ePrix in July.
again, what?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Facts Only

Scorpaguy wrote: create a league filled with nothing but Ferraris...they will finish third in the Constructor's Championship.
Really made me laugh.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

NathanOlder

Formula E would be worth a watch if they raced on some decent tracks, not the crap they currently use. 90° turns and hairpins .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

krisfx

NathanOlder wrote:Formula E would be worth a watch if they raced on some decent tracks, not the crap they currently use. 90° turns and hairpins .

Don't forget the half of Monaco!