2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
WaikeCU

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Here's to hoping they could challenge for 3rd in the constructors championship next season. They are a team that always manage to get better each season. Who knows if they are one of the teams that find a loophole within the technical regulations. They do get some inventive, aggressive designs on their cars.

Pierce89

WaikeCU wrote:Here's to hoping they could challenge for 3rd in the constructors championship next season. They are a team that always manage to get better each season. Who knows if they are one of the teams that find a loophole within the technical regulations. They do get some inventive, aggressive designs on their cars.
You could be right. Everybody remembers their '09 speed on low downforce tracks. Best car in Spa and Monza.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

raksf1

Force India plans to build 10 sets of wings for different downforce levels. AMuS (German)

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... isch%29%29

FrukostScones

interesting,
Force India gets advance payment from FOM because Haas gets deposit from FIA back. 8)

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Cold Fussion

Redragon wrote:I think this team has been the best in terms of budget/results.
They are the 10th out of 11th contractors team budget with just 105 millions of euros.
3.5 times lower than Mercedes budget and still they finished 4th in contractors standings in front of Williams and Mclaren.
Toro Rosso was as well a team to highlight in terms of Budget and results.
That implies that budget/results scales linearly and I don't see any evidence to support such a thing. I think you'll be very hard pressed to make any argument on budget for results which doesn't have Mercedes coming out on top.

PlatinumZealot

Gas filler lids.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mr Brooksy

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but what happens if Mallya gets sent back to India?

Would FI end up being pulled through the courts and assets frozen etc? Or sold off to the highest bidder?

That would be sad for the Silverstone crew that I came to love in the Eddie Jordan years!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Scuderia1967

Mr Brooksy wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but what happens if Mallya gets sent back to India?

Would FI end up being pulled through the courts and assets frozen etc? Or sold off to the highest bidder?

That would be sad for the Silverstone crew that I came to love in the Eddie Jordan years!
Nothing would happen. Mallya has been in both huge finantial difficulties AND having troubles with indian authorities for years now. And let's not forget his partner, the owner of Sahara, is in jail. Those facts didn't prevent FI from performing brilliantly

Gridlock

The company that owns the company that owns the company that has the entry that owns the company that owns Force India probably belongs to his maid.

hemichromis

Force India day today!!

Looking forward to seeing what this low budget but extremely efficient team can do.

GoranF1

hemichromis wrote:Force India day today!!

Looking forward to seeing what this low budget but extremely efficient team can do.
Do you know what time?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Not expecting a spectacular car but a good looking and efficient one, as FI always does.
Last edited by Vasconia on 22 Feb 2017, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

Vasconia wrote:Not expecting an spectacular car but a good looking and efficient one, as FI always does.
I excpect the 3rd best car/PU combo.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.