2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Actually, i DO think Mclaren MIGHT have won a race had they had the Renault engine.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kasio

Manoah2u wrote:Actually, i DO think Mclaren MIGHT have won a race had they had the Renault engine.
But what about torro rosso? they would still be ahead. so mclaren could win only second.

McL-H

Manoah2u wrote:Actually, i DO think Mclaren MIGHT have won a race had they had the Renault engine.
Based on what? McLaren's awful pace on Monaco? On their bad pace in the first sector of Suzuka? If I remembered correctly, Button said that their car struggled on medium paced corners, that won't win you any races.

adrianjordan

With an underpowered engine they ran a compromised setup, so the truth is (whether some people accept it or not) that we laypeople on the forum have no real way of knowing how good they would have been if they had been able to optimise the chassis and aero for a more powerful and driveable engine.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

sebastian.vidu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2110720731

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

mclaren111

kooleracer:
Peter Prodromou is running the technical side at McLaren now. Morris and Goss report to him, after being in to shadow of Newey. Peter would only return is he would be leading at McLaren. McLaren needed him so, Morris and Goss took a back seat which was justified because of their results.
Source ??

bauc

mrluke wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
Well I agree but they've moved on from that RedBull - Renault style of accusations game, and Eric could have easily said we know Honda made progress with the PU but we are not sure if they can release its potential during the year and MARCA goes with the headline HONDA not ready to WIN. Its just how some of today's media work, I would not want to push it too far and say clickbite headline
This is on the article:
"Do not pay attention to everything that is published, McLaren are ready to win but Honda may not be," Boullier told MARCA at a Pirelli event in Turin"
So it's not the usual "We heard from such and such who heard it from such and such", it's a direct quote. And, by the way, MARCA is a very well known and respected spanish sports newspaper, not some blogger/tweeter guy looking for clicks
Would Mclaren have won a race if they had the Renault engine?
More cheap shots as per usual, when will Mclaren stop blaming everybody else for their poor performance?
I'm not Mclaren, this is my personal opinion and in no way or form this is a cheap shot - I'm only stating what if scenario, so your remark is really out of context.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

adrianjordan

sebastian.vidu wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2110720731

That looks more like a fan page than Fernando's official page.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Andres125sx

Scuderia1967 wrote:MARCA is a very well known and respected spanish sports newspaper, not some blogger/tweeter guy looking for clicks
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marca should be named into "sensationalism" definition :wink:

Don´t get me wrong, I take a look from time to time, but you MUST read any new from Marca with a grain of salt, as they´re very prone to embroider their news. I´d say they always have some real source (they do not invent any new), but once they got something, they always feel the need to exaggerate to make it more attractive :roll:

From what you read in Marca, take a half of a half, and that might be true and maybe even accurate

bauc

adrianjordan wrote:

That looks more like a fan page than Fernando's official page.
Well... it says FanPage on their profile wall :)
But good effort \:D/
Last edited by bauc on 17 Feb 2017, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Scuderia1967

Andres125sx wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:MARCA is a very well known and respected spanish sports newspaper, not some blogger/tweeter guy looking for clicks
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marca should be named into "sensationalism" definition :wink:

Don´t get me wrong, I take a look from time to time, but you MUST read any new from Marca with a grain of salt, as they´re very prone to embroider their news. I´d say they always have some real source (they do not invent any new), but once they got something, they always feel the need to exaggerate to make it more attractive :roll:

From what you read in Marca, take a half of a half, and that might be true and maybe even accurate
I never got that feeling from them. Of course, I don't buy the paper all the time...

Manoah2u

that looks f***ing fantastic! that would be amazing, please let Mclaren show us something just like this !
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

mclaren111

mclaren111 wrote:
kooleracer:
Peter Prodromou is running the technical side at McLaren now. Morris and Goss report to him, after being in to shadow of Newey. Peter would only return is he would be leading at McLaren. McLaren needed him so, Morris and Goss took a back seat which was justified because of their results.
Source ??
Source ???
Edit: Thank for reply on Merc Tread

Manoah2u

it's funny how much this reminds me of the legendary marlboro livery, yet looks actually fresh and exciting.

look at that rear wheel brake duct btw.

car looks gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous. and the rendering is absolutely A+.

diffuser

I'm not a big Fan of the Navel Orange.

I do like a Blood orange or cross between Day glow red Orange.

I also find the Grey is to light I like a almost black Grey.