Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cmF1
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby cmF1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

GM7 wrote:Why Williams don't paint his nose like this ???

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/07/1487326799-willl.png


As good as that looks from the 3/4 angle, I can't see it looking particularly pretty from the front. We've just got to pray that the dicknose is something that is quietly forgotten about this year.
プラスとマイナス

turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby turbof1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am

In my opinion, it's quite ok. Always room for improvement, but with the actual nose (bulkhead to nosetip) being quite a bit longer this year, the stump is ratio wise smaller. Aesthetic wise it's not bugging me.

That being said, I'd just paint the stump black.

cmF1
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby cmF1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Don't forget the infamous Force India incident of 2014 :lol:
It may be invisible from some angles but once you see it, you can't unsee it!! #-o
プラスとマイナス

turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby turbof1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm

cmF1 wrote:Don't forget the infamous Force India incident of 2014 :lol:
It may be invisible from some angles but once you see it, you can't unsee it!! #-o

It didn't help of course they added a shiny finish on it. To be very frank, that thing had the coating of a dildo. If they just used a mat finish it'd have been a bit better (a bit, emphasis on that).

cmF1
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby cmF1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Can we stop talking about big black dildos please and get back to the topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
プラスとマイナス

WaikeCU
53
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby WaikeCU » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 pm

cmF1 wrote:Can we stop talking about big black dildos please and get back to the topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sure...

Image

I would rather see more color on the back of that rear wing. Don't like it being all black.
Creator / Artist of Magnified Official
Celebrating the greatest
FB: https://www.facebook.com/magnified.official
IG: https://www.instagram.com/magnified.official/

GM7
30
User avatar
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby GM7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Another view, what are you thinking about this little change in the livery ?

Image

turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby turbof1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 pm

GM7 wrote:Another view, what are you thinking about this little change in the livery ?

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/07/1487335789-willl.png

I'd add black edges on the stump to taper the white section better.

cmF1
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby cmF1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I like what you've done there. I think if you black out the stump, it'll through the whole nose out of proportion. We've got longer noses this year, why not show them off?
プラスとマイナス

GM7
30
User avatar
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby GM7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 pm

My final version, do you mean this ?

Image

turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby turbof1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

GM7 wrote:My final version, do you mean this ?

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/07/1487338942-wiii.png

Yes, quite a lot better. It's a subtle difference, but the visual transition from the upper nose to the stump now looks much smoother.

GM7
30
User avatar
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby GM7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm

So, let's start a petition for Williams to change his livery ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If someone know how to share this to the Williams twitter account or something like that...

Manoah2u
208
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby Manoah2u » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:45 pm

i don't have a problem with the williams livery at all. i agree that the 'thumb' nosetip looks awkward but it is what it is.

I think williams would do the livery like that if they thought that would be better. The thing is 'better'is not decided from aesthetical standpoint,
but from a promotional standpoint, and fact is that the sponsors on the nose will be less 'visible' due to the above change to the livery.
It's ok on a picture, but a moving product on tv is a different story, and that goes too for other view angles.

with more of the white around it like it is originally, the sponsors stand out more. see it like a statue in the middle of a park or a statue that is sided by
a whole bunch of bushes or trees.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

cmF1
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby cmF1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Manoah2u wrote:i don't have a problem with the williams livery at all. i agree that the 'thumb' nosetip looks awkward but it is what it is.

I think williams would do the livery like that if they thought that would be better. The thing is 'better'is not decided from aesthetical standpoint,
but from a promotional standpoint, and fact is that the sponsors on the nose will be less 'visible' due to the above change to the livery.
It's ok on a picture, but a moving product on tv is a different story, and that goes too for other view angles.

with more of the white around it like it is originally, the sponsors stand out more. see it like a statue in the middle of a park or a statue that is sided by
a whole bunch of bushes or trees.



Easy fix. Move the nose stripes out so that the red centre stripe on the edge of the nose. That way you can see more of the design from the side, and the nose sponsors have there space back.
プラスとマイナス

proteus
26
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Re: Livery thread again!

Postby proteus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 pm

I have heard something about STR getting a sugarfree RedBull coating over their cars.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows




Return to “General chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], prof and 4 guests