2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

FrukostScones wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Not expecting an spectacular car but a good looking and efficient one, as FI always does.
I excpect the 3rd best car/PU combo.
I expect them to fight with Williams, nothing more. I mean RB and Mercedes are untouchable. Ferrari will be better tan many expect, Renault could be the dark horse of 2017 and I am pretty sure that TR will be strong. Many teams to fight for the third position.

GoranF1

FrukostScones wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Not expecting an spectacular car but a good looking and efficient one, as FI always does.
LOL
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FrukostScones

GoranF1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
LOL
well, last year it was the fourth best one.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GoranF1

FrukostScones wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
LOL
Last year means jack --- as 2009 has prooved.

FrukostScones

GoranF1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
GoranF1 wrote: LOL
they still have Merc PU (maybe valuable more than ever in 2017 (read interview on AMUS), with Renault and Honda new design (how many DNF's)?, Ferrari unknown PU, B-car rumors).
and Dr. Guru Johl. 8)

but we will see...

GoranF1

FrukostScones wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
they still have Merc PU (maybe valuable more than ever in 2017 (read interview on AMUS), with Renault and Honda new design (how many DNF's)?, Ferrari unknown PU, B-car rumors).
and Dr. Guru Johl. 8)

but we will see...
I expect 2 teams to surprise Force India....the 2 teams that started 2017 very early....Renault factory team and Mclaren Honda.....th3y have everthing in place to prepare themselfs better than FI this year.....only advantage FI has is the PU, but i think that advantage will be smaller this year....FI will fight Williams for 6th.....behind Renault,Mclaren,Ferrari RB and Mercs

wesley123

The issue that this year will bring is that the wealthier teams will most likely outdevelop the less wealthy teams. That FI starts the year as third fastest is entirely possible, however, if they still are at the end of the season is a whole different scenario
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hemichromis

I feel both Mclaren and Renault would feel it a big failure if Force india managed to be in front.

Vasconia

wesley123 wrote:The issue that this year will bring is that the wealthier teams will most likely outdevelop the less wealthy teams. That FI starts the year as third fastest is entirely possible, however, if they still are at the end of the season is a whole different scenario
This happens usually every single season. Sometimes FI is able to bring some good updates after the summer break but normaly they loose performance because other teams(McLaren,etc) has more money. But I agree that this season this could happen even more clearly.

WaikeCU

hemichromis wrote:I feel both Mclaren and Renault would feel it a big failure if Force india managed to be in front.
Hell, Mclaren's season would be a failure if the RB, Ferrari and Merc are in front. If Force India is in front of them, it's already disastrous. Top teams can only be content if they fight for the championship. That's the pedigree teams like Mclaren are in.

Just like saying Manchester United are doing well right now...

wickedz50

WaikeCU wrote:
hemichromis wrote:I feel both Mclaren and Renault would feel it a big failure if Force india managed to be in front.
Hell, Mclaren's season would be a failure if the RB, Ferrari and Merc are in front. If Force India is in front of them, it's already disastrous. Top teams can only be content if they fight for the championship. That's the pedigree teams like Mclaren are in.

Just like saying Manchester United are doing well right now...
If the Honda engine remains the same competitive grade in 2017 then its more likely they will end more or less in the same position as 2016. However 2017 being more of a change on the aero and chassis I hope to see better results in 2017. They are a high budget team and hope that helps them to finish at least 4th in the championship.

domh245

Pretty similar overalls to last year

http://imgur.com/a/Mg8hl

Vasconia

Front side of the car looks very underwhelming. I can´t see the rear properly so I wil wait for more photos. They should paint that shark fin with a combination of colours just to make it look like a more natural part of the car.

FrukostScones

bauc

Very strange to see the sharkfin painted the same as the engine cover without any stickers on it, it just kinda looks weird to me, maybe its the color but still looks weird
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg