2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Vasconia

bauc wrote:Very strange to see the sharkfin painted the same as the engine cover without any stickers on it, it just kinda looks weird to me, maybe its the color but still looks weird
Absolutely, I hope they will change it.

I dont know why my post has been rated negatively, it was just an opinion. :?:

TAG

What struck me most about today's pics were the height different between Ocon and Perez!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ClarkBT11

TAG wrote:What struck me most about today's pics were the height different between Ocon and Perez!
Yeah same here Ocon is twice the size... The weight difference will be a good advantage for Perez.

FrukostScones

2017 seems to be the year of all-out war! (hopefully not thermonuclear :mrgreen: )

Andy Green:
"I think it is an arms race, it is a war," said Green in response to Abiteboul's comments after his team's prospects.

"We have got some really good soldiers with some really good weapons.

"We don't have many of them but the ones we have got are really a crack unit and I think we can do a lot of damage with that. They are good shots."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ngine-step
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

iotar__

Vasconia wrote:
bauc wrote:Very strange to see the sharkfin painted the same as the engine cover without any stickers on it, it just kinda looks weird to me, maybe its the color but still looks weird

Someone's opinion is clearly better, yours is stupid :-). If 10 reddit type #%^$$^ agree that 2+2=22 22 it is. Sharkfin:
A. They don't have stickers to put on, used important ones on important areas.
B. They don't want to draw attention to that area and try to blend it visually like they do with wide wings (example Ferrari)
ClarkBT11 wrote:
TAG wrote:What struck me most about today's pics were the height different between Ocon and Perez!
Yeah same here Ocon is twice the size... The weight difference will be a good advantage for Perez.
- How big in seconds, kg (car ballast) and kg (human), Q or race?
- Twice? Bigger or smaller than Vettel - Webber, or Kubica - Heidfeld or Grosjean - Gutierrez, or vs the rest of light drivers (Vettel, Ham, Alonso)? I don't recall anyone caring.
- Unless they go over minimum, although it exists (ballast) I'm guessing (might be wrong) this is not the extreme season like '09, '14, '08. Depends on a team/car too, smaller teams bigger problems.

Vasconia

iotar__ wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Someone's opinion is clearly better, yours is stupid :-). If 10 reddit type #%^$$^ agree that 2+2=22 22 it is. Sharkfin:
B. They don't want to draw attention to that area and try to blend it visually like they do with wide wings (example Ferrari)
I could say the same about yours but I dont loose time on it. Just to mention that what Renault has done is more tasteful, just compare both. I was talking about PAINTING IT, not necessarily a sticker, at least try to read what I have written.

[img]http://s2.paultan.org/image/2017/02/f1- ... 30x242.jpg
[/img]

turbof1

Vasconia wrote:Front side of the car looks very underwhelming. I can´t see the rear properly so I wil wait for more photos. They should paint that shark fin with a combination of colours just to make it look like a more natural part of the car.
For the record, this I do not consider stupid as its clearly a matter of personal taste. Nobody needs to agree with it, but a bit of respect could be shown for it. Upvoted.
#AeroFrodo

ClarkBT11

iotar__ wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

ClarkBT11 wrote:
- How big in seconds, kg (car ballast) and kg (human), Q or race?
- Twice? Bigger or smaller than Vettel - Webber, or Kubica - Heidfeld or Grosjean - Gutierrez, or vs the rest of light drivers (Vettel, Ham, Alonso)? I don't recall anyone caring.
- Unless they go over minimum, although it exists (ballast) I'm guessing (might be wrong) this is not the extreme season like '09, '14, '08. Depends on a team/car too, smaller teams bigger problems.
-you
-know
-exactly
-what
- the
-advantage
-will
-be
-balast

TAG

Mercedes has made 'unprecedented' step with engine.

Given some of the commentary coming from Force India and their focus on continuing to move forward, this is the scariest thing I've heard so far through the launches.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Vasconia

TAG wrote:Mercedes has made 'unprecedented' step with engine.

Given some of the commentary coming from Force India and their focus on continuing to move forward, this is the scariest thing I've heard so far through the launches.
Please don´t let Honda read this, they could fall into depression. #-o

Manjhi
Manjhi

TAG wrote:Mercedes has made 'unprecedented' step with engine.

There was something coming from Mercs with Ocon, coz afterall Ocon has no sponsors at the moment and SFI was looking for a perfect package. But I think in future he will be a star after Grosean, who has faded slowly into the middle grid.

The car looks more detailed but slightly ugly, who cares, we want to see VJM10 fighting for podiums in the first part of the season. Lets hope they challenge the inefficient Ferraris and Mclaren. :D :D

According to Recent comments from experts on several forums, VJM10 looks mean and will be ahead of the Mclaren, Renault,Williams & Sauber for sure. =D> =D>

Manjhi
Manjhi

Vasconia wrote:
Please don´t let Honda read this, they could fall into depression. #-o
There is report surfacing on internet that Honda engine lost power after 6 miles of testing on the car. :D :D

And if it is true then SFI, Williams & Renault will be drooling right now. =P~

PhillipM
PhillipM

That's clever when they haven't done any testing...

Manjhi
Manjhi

I think they did a filming test. Or some knock down test, I don't know much about it coz the source of the info is not authentic.