2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
erlik

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

I like short type of the launch presentation they pulled out... but atmosphere was way too gloomy at the studio.

FrukostScones

If that car is no winner don't ask what a winner is. those barely legal side pods. the rake and evrything else.
VET will annoy everyone with it. hopefully.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Scuderia1967

FrukostScones wrote:If that car is no winner don't ask what a winner is. those barely legal side pods. the rake and evrything else.
Finger's crossed!
Love the Quadrifoglio in the engine cover and the little throwback to the 312T. On the sponsor side, Weichai is still listed as a sponsor, but their logo isn't in the car...

dren

The car looks different for sure, but I wouldn't call this a looker at all. So far, it's the worst looking car to me.
Honda!

f1316

From pure aesthetics perspective, I'm disappointed by the nose and the livery - rumours were suggesting a Mercedes style nose and ditching the white (for, i was hoping, a more plain Rosso Corsa).

Nevertheless, I'll happily sacrifice aesthetics for a winning car; it's definitely interesting looking and seems pretty aggressive - hopefully those things translate to performance.

Scuderia1967

Scuderia1967 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:If that car is no winner don't ask what a winner is. those barely legal side pods. the rake and evrything else.
Finger's crossed!
Love the Quadrifoglio in the engine cover and the little throwback to the 312T. On the sponsor side, Weichai is still listed as a sponsor, but their logo isn't in the car...
EDIT: Weichai logo in front of the cockpit

garychopper

I like it even if I take off my red tinted glasses, which I could not say about many of them in recent past. The car is just the right length, compared to Mercedes which to my eyes looks like a limousine.
Well done and nice paint job as well! Forza Ferrari!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication- Leonardo da vinci

Schuttelberg

Superb livery!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

f1316

Not seen any quotes from Ferrari about "we've done lots of work on packaging" or "we've completely overhauled the engine" etc. which is conspicuous vs other teams (Renault, Mercedes, Honda have all bragged about engine advancements for example).

Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. Marchionne says he learnt his lesson last year about bold claims but still not sure if no talk at all means "we're confident" or "better not say anything because at least then people won't have high expectations."

The look of the car makes you hope the former but who knows.

giantfan10

f1316 wrote:Not seen any quotes from Ferrari about "we've done lots of work on packaging" or "we've completely overhauled the engine" etc. which is conspicuous vs other teams (Renault, Mercedes, Honda have all bragged about engine advancements for example).

Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. Marchionne says he learnt his lesson last year about bold claims but still not sure if no talk at all means "we're confident" or "better not say anything because at least then people won't have high expectations."

I read elswhere that the turbo,MGU-H and MGUK are new along with new combustion jets and chamber..... oh there is new stuff just zero hype from Ferrari.
Renault, Mclaren Honda and Mercedes have all made claims about gains in horsepower and/or time improvement, nada from Ferrari

Vasconia

f1316 wrote:Not seen any quotes from Ferrari about "we've done lots of work on packaging" or "we've completely overhauled the engine" etc. which is conspicuous vs other teams (Renault, Mercedes, Honda have all bragged about engine advancements for example).

I quite like this new style. More silent work and less public announcements which only led to disappointments. First days is going well with lots of laps and good pace, this is the way.

dren

When Ferrari doesn't win, it'll be another disappointment. If they can't mount a challenge this year, the team will implode along with Vettel being jettisoned out on a hunt for a Mercedes or Mclaren seat.
Honda!

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:

I quite like this new style. More silent work and less public announcements which only led to disappointments. First days is going well with lots of laps and good pace, this is the way.
What a pleasant change indeed. All that chest thumping has been overshadowed with complete restraint. Same goes for Ferrari fans. Whatever happens with the first race, I hope this change of attitude is permanent.

Big Mangalhit

dren wrote:When Ferrari doesn't win, it'll be another disappointment. If they can't mount a challenge this year, the team will implode along with Vettel being jettisoned out on a hunt for a Mercedes or Mclaren seat.
what the hell kind of comment is this?? the team will implode if they don't have any wins?? please Ferrari is more than used to not winning by now. If you mean that an historic team can't go two years in a row winless well I think Williams and McLaren would be in worse scenario by now being their 4 years without a win.

As for Vettel to be on the hunt for a seat elsewhere, maybe. I would imagine a seat in Merc is very attractive to every driver and probably Alonso and Vettel are looking for it in 2018, but I doubt McLaren would be the place to be after so many disastrous seasons. But ofc maybe they will be the team to beat in 2017, nothing yet is certain.

santos

dren wrote:When Ferrari doesn't win, it'll be another disappointment. If they can't mount a challenge this year, the team will implode along with Vettel being jettisoned out on a hunt for a Mercedes or Mclaren seat.
The team will implode???? Vettel on hunt for Mclaren???? Really???? Mclaren??? Really?