Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Manoah2u
228
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Manoah2u » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am

giantfan10 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Pierce89 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:54 pm
Hey Juzh,
As a long time acolyte of RBR, do you believe they'll be 3rd best in Melbourne, or, do you think they'll bolt on over a seconds worth of downforce like ALOT of folks be seem to believe?
Verstappen: Red Bull "not good enough yet" to win
Max Verstappen has conceded he doesn't think Red Bull's new RB13 challenger is currently quick enough to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari at the start of the F1 2017 campaign.
"At the moment, I think both Ferrari and Mercedes will be in front of us, but hopefully we will be able to get into a rhythm, just like last year. We can do better this year, but we need to work hard in order to get there."

Thats the reality of it.. there will be no magic upgrade in Australia that will make red bull in the mix for the win.
yes, BUT that doesn't mean they won't win - reliability can impact both Ferrari and Mercedes (offcourse it also can impact RedBull), and Ferrari has been rather clumsy with their tactics recently, so really, a lot can still happen.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Thunders
583
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Thunders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 am

No Discussions about Car Rankings and who will end up where in Melbourne in here please.

There is the Team Thread and the Melbourne Race Thread for such discussions.

Team Thread:http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 4&start=75
Race Thread: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 13&t=26102

There is even a pecking Order speculation Thread:http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=26001

matt21
99
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by matt21 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 am

by ams

Image

Little Ducky
0
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Little Ducky » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Is that the rear suspension? It looks complicated XD

BTW I just made this account after reading this forum for a year or so. I really love the detailed information spread in the topics!! =D> Keep up the good work :)

ScrewCaptain27
94
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by ScrewCaptain27 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Front bulkhead (photo from AMuS):
Image
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

hardingfv32
27
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by hardingfv32 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm

On the rear axle above pictured above why are there missing teeth/sections (speed sensor?) on the axle?

Or are these splines for the brake disc bell/center section?

Brian

Sieper
2
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Sieper » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Excuse my ignorance, on that same picture, what is that seemingly big hollow object (plain carbon) with a hose connection nipple? sticking out of it? (far right top).

ScrewCaptain27
94
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by ScrewCaptain27 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Sieper wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:07 pm
Excuse my ignorance, on that same picture, what is that seemingly big hollow object (plain carbon) with a hose connection nipple? sticking out of it? (far right top).
Looks like a transport brace, not a part of the car.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Sieper
2
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Sieper » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm

I think you are now referring to the tube (with the rubber slid over its end? Or? I meant to describe the triangular shaped (from this view) with what looks like a nipple sticking out (there is some kind a small white/green braided wire coming out of the big aluminium brake housing rolled up over this "nipple like contraption" :-). This whole thing might still be a transport brace of course (placed there instead of the transmission? as a placeholder?)

ScrewCaptain27
94
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by ScrewCaptain27 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Sieper wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm
I think you are now referring to the tube (with the rubber slid over its end? Or? I meant to describe the triangular shaped (from this view) with what looks like a nipple sticking out (there is some kind a small white/green braided wire coming out of the big aluminium brake housing rolled up over this "nipple like contraption" :-). This whole thing might still be a transport brace of course (placed there instead of the transmission? as a placeholder?)
The "nipple shaped thing" on the right is the bolt which connects the gearbox to the engine.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Tim.Wright
411
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 am

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Tim.Wright » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 pm

hardingfv32 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm
On the rear axle above pictured above why are there missing teeth/sections (speed sensor?) on the axle?

Or are these splines for the brake disc bell/center section?

Brian
I'd say it's a spline for the brake disc flange. You can see what is likely the wheelspeed sensor just above the front caliper bolt.

They are likely using magnetic encoders for wheelspeed sensors which don't require tone wheels but a magnetic imprint onto an existing ferrous surface (e.g. bearing inner race).
Not the engineer at Force India

roon
98
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by roon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:25 am

Tim.Wright wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 pm
hardingfv32 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm
On the rear axle above pictured above why are there missing teeth/sections (speed sensor?) on the axle?

Or are these splines for the brake disc bell/center section?

Brian

I'd say it's a spline for the brake disc flange.
Yeah. Notice the similarly sized teeth present on the brake hats.

Image

Here is an older example, or from a different series:

Image

Thunders
583
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Thunders » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:20 am


ema00
6
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by ema00 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 am

Are the bargeboards completely new?

Blackout
491
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Post by Blackout » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am

An interesting positionning for that cooler it lays around the ICE intake plenum
Image



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests