will Formula 1, Formula 2 and GP3 Series introduce the title sponsor like Verizon with IndyCar Series?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
theriusDR3

will Formula 1, Formula 2 and GP3 Series introduce the title sponsor like Verizon with IndyCar Series?

It's time F1, F2 and GP3 will have self-title sponsor to increase money. IndyCar Series introduce the self-title sponsor was back in 2010 when IZOD was the first title sponsor, then in 2014 Verizon took over the title sponsor of IndyCar Serues. 3 top NASCAR series also have the title sponsor (Monster Energy with Cup, Xfinity and Camping World with Truck). In non-auto racing sports, Banco Santander currently title sponsor of Spanish Premier Division and also Telecom Italiana with Italian Premier Division league Serie A.

zac510

Re: will Formula 1, Formula 2 and GP3 Series introduce the title sponsor like Verizon with IndyCar Series?

--- I really hope not. Every time I watch some national level motorsport on TV - tin tops or something similar - the constant advertising throughout the commentary drives me mad. The whole broadcast goes something like this:
"We're crossing down to the pit lane for an update from our Sunoco pit reporter"
"The view from the KFC dash camera will tell the whole story"
and on and on. They've got a sponsor deal for every little part of their coverage.

And then you switch back to F1 and the commentary is refreshingly free of these annoying product/company name drops. Yes of course there are company names on the circuit billboards and on the track, but when it comes to the race the commentary is clear and focussed on the racing, both on Channel 4 and on Sky. (I can't speak for non-English race commentary).

I hope it stays that way.

Manoah2u

Re: will Formula 1, Formula 2 and GP3 Series introduce the title sponsor like Verizon with IndyCar Series?

Isn't Heineken that already?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

I think we might, but more in the way that the Premier League was sponsored by Barclays in the UK.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

theriusDR3

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Mar 2017, 10:43
I think we might, but more in the way that the Premier League was sponsored by Barclays in the UK.
but 2017-18 season Premier League sponsored by confectionery giants Cadbury

Steven
Owner

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Mar 2017, 10:41
Isn't Heineken that already?
Well on the official F1 site, Heineken is just an ad on the website. The series isn't suddenly called "Heineken Formula One World Championship". Good ;)

I can image we will one day (sooner or later) end up in a UEFA Champions League like advertisement, where the last before, and the first ad after a part of the match is from the official sponsor (I think's it's Hyundai for them currently)

Facts Only

They should get a baby milk powder maker in, then it could be the Formula One Formula No1 world Championship.

Or yogurts... The For Muller Formula 1 world Championship.

Insert your own rubbish puns here:
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Stormy

If they do that i'll actually start to miss Bernie.

Zynerji

I thought Pirelli was the title sponsor of F1...🤔

Stormy

I think F1 actually doesn't have a title sponsor in that sense. It got more sponsors that are pretty similar in investing like Heineken and Rolex.

waynes

wont happen, however the individual races will still be the (sponsor title) Grand Prix of Wherever

ChrisDanger

Facts Only wrote:
20 Mar 2017, 17:14
They should get a baby milk powder maker in, then it could be the Formula One Formula No1 world Championship.

Or yogurts... The For Muller Formula 1 world Championship.

Insert your own rubbish puns here:
Juan, is that you? You won once in Formula 1, Juan, is that right?