Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

giantfan10 wrote:
19 Mar 2017, 14:25
Pierce89 wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 19:54
Hey Juzh,
As a long time acolyte of RBR, do you believe they'll be 3rd best in Melbourne, or, do you think they'll bolt on over a seconds worth of downforce like ALOT of folks be seem to believe?
Verstappen: Red Bull "not good enough yet" to win
Max Verstappen has conceded he doesn't think Red Bull's new RB13 challenger is currently quick enough to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari at the start of the F1 2017 campaign.
"At the moment, I think both Ferrari and Mercedes will be in front of us, but hopefully we will be able to get into a rhythm, just like last year. We can do better this year, but we need to work hard in order to get there."

Thats the reality of it.. there will be no magic upgrade in Australia that will make red bull in the mix for the win.
yes, BUT that doesn't mean they won't win - reliability can impact both Ferrari and Mercedes (offcourse it also can impact RedBull), and Ferrari has been rather clumsy with their tactics recently, so really, a lot can still happen.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

No Discussions about Car Rankings and who will end up where in Melbourne in here please.

There is the Team Thread and the Melbourne Race Thread for such discussions.

Team Thread:http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 4&start=75
Race Thread: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 13&t=26102

There is even a pecking Order speculation Thread:http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=26001
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

matt21

by ams

Little Ducky

Is that the rear suspension? It looks complicated XD

BTW I just made this account after reading this forum for a year or so. I really love the detailed information spread in the topics!! =D> Keep up the good work :)

ScrewCaptain27

Front bulkhead (photo from AMuS):
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

hardingfv32

On the rear axle above pictured above why are there missing teeth/sections (speed sensor?) on the axle?

Or are these splines for the brake disc bell/center section?

Brian

Sieper

Excuse my ignorance, on that same picture, what is that seemingly big hollow object (plain carbon) with a hose connection nipple? sticking out of it? (far right top).

ScrewCaptain27

Sieper wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 18:07
Excuse my ignorance, on that same picture, what is that seemingly big hollow object (plain carbon) with a hose connection nipple? sticking out of it? (far right top).
Looks like a transport brace, not a part of the car.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Sieper

I think you are now referring to the tube (with the rubber slid over its end? Or? I meant to describe the triangular shaped (from this view) with what looks like a nipple sticking out (there is some kind a small white/green braided wire coming out of the big aluminium brake housing rolled up over this "nipple like contraption" :-). This whole thing might still be a transport brace of course (placed there instead of the transmission? as a placeholder?)

ScrewCaptain27

Sieper wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 19:01
I think you are now referring to the tube (with the rubber slid over its end? Or? I meant to describe the triangular shaped (from this view) with what looks like a nipple sticking out (there is some kind a small white/green braided wire coming out of the big aluminium brake housing rolled up over this "nipple like contraption" :-). This whole thing might still be a transport brace of course (placed there instead of the transmission? as a placeholder?)
The "nipple shaped thing" on the right is the bolt which connects the gearbox to the engine.
- Serj Tankian

Tim.Wright

hardingfv32 wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 17:56
On the rear axle above pictured above why are there missing teeth/sections (speed sensor?) on the axle?

Brian
I'd say it's a spline for the brake disc flange. You can see what is likely the wheelspeed sensor just above the front caliper bolt.

They are likely using magnetic encoders for wheelspeed sensors which don't require tone wheels but a magnetic imprint onto an existing ferrous surface (e.g. bearing inner race).
Not the engineer at Force India

roon

Tim.Wright wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 22:17
hardingfv32 wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 17:56

Brian

I'd say it's a spline for the brake disc flange.
Yeah. Notice the similarly sized teeth present on the brake hats.

Here is an older example, or from a different series:

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ema00

Are the bargeboards completely new?

Blackout

An interesting positionning for that cooler it lays around the ICE intake plenum