2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

F1NAC wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 09:06
Vasconia wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 09:04

By the way, someone should ask Ferrari to stop sandbagging, because they are dong it, right? :|
Well my friend.... Current state of Ferrarihypetrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaArxPRaCLc

EDIT: why when I put yt video with Yt brackets and then when I post it, it shows error?
:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Sevach

f1316

The ideal lap is encouraging since shows he could be a lot closer to Hamilton if he'd put the lap together - even with the balance issues.

Hopefully there's more to come from Ferrari tomorrow.

Mansell89

I think it's glaringly obvious that Ferrari will underplay on Fridays this year. They have addressed the issues of last year where they didn't improve on the key days- Saturday and Sunday. I'm confident they will be much closer tomorrow morning.

seezung

New control electronics and energy store for Kimi:

hichamo

All in all, a very well done to the team, they did a great job on this car, I can't be more happier, and to all the people saying Ferrari was running low on fuel , this and that, their you have your answer, 2th off and still Vettel made a mistake in 2 turns, not a 1 sec as you predicted😁😁😁.

Phil

I second that. Very impressed. With the departure of Alisson last year, i was pretty sure Ferrari was going to be in a mess this year.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

hichamo

Phil wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 10:05
I second that. Very impressed. With the departure of Alisson last year, i was pretty sure Ferrari was going to be in a mess this year.
Plus the take over of Rory , this guy is a genius , look at the cars he made in the past, they were flying machines, unstoppable, dominant, I hope the development now will do the team more goods, beautiful season ahead.

aleks_ader

I think this is real team efford as Mauricio pointed out. There is no "that is Adndrea car (or Newey, Alisons car etc.)". Just combined team efford. Kudos to them. That is how Merc run the team. Practically that is example how you run the F1 team. Unless you got Newey. Coordinated team of average engineers (if we could even said that for F1) is better as frustrated and messed geniuses at place.

Even idications that Ferrari had better grip in high speed sections makes even more interesting.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Vanja #66

Congratulations to the first team to win a race in new F1 aero era. What do you guys think has made Ferrari slash more than half a second per lap compared to Mercedes between seasons? :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

F1NAC

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:54
Congratulations to the first team to win a race in new F1 aero era. What do you guys think has made Ferrari slash more than half a second per lap compared to Mercedes between seasons? :)
I don't know but honestly didn't expect them to be so fast during big AERO change, given that it was their weakest spot. Congrats boys. I'm glad you've proven me wrong

f1316

F1NAC wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 13:03
Vanja #66 wrote:
I don't know but honestly didn't expect them to be so fast during big AERO change, given that it was their weakest spot. Congrats boys. I'm glad you've proven me wrong
It's all speculation, of course, but my impression for years has not been that Ferrari could not develop as *fast* as other teams, but that what they brought to the track rarely performed as expected (bhall's spoken about this at length); the impression I get/rumours I've read is that correlation is very good this year, and I recall some (seemingly at the time facile) comments from Marchionne last year that they had to improve in terms of aero. I wonder if,in CEO speak, that recognition was enough to put the resources behind doing a very deep dive into the causes of their correlation issues and perhaps address the structural rigidity issues bhall had speculated on before (and which seem a logical cause of lack of correlation).

I do also think and have been saying for a while on here- contrary to pervading opinion - that the more Italian-centric staff with a horizontal structure is logical; 'outsiders' who struggle to deal with the way things are done at Maranello can be successful if they have enough power and get to do everything their way (e.g. Todt) but otherwise you need to have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet and embracing the culture, not pushing against it.

donskar

Great win for the Scuderia. The restructured organization -- remarkably -- really worked. Don't know if I agree that Rory Byrne made a difference -- isn't he about 72-73 years old?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ripper

f1316 wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 13:36
F1NAC wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 13:03
Vanja #66 wrote:
It's all speculation, of course, but my impression for years has not been that Ferrari could not develop as *fast* as other teams, but that what they brought to the track rarely performed as expected (bhall's spoken about this at length); the impression I get/rumours I've read is that correlation is very good this year, and I recall some (seemingly at the time facile) comments from Marchionne last year that they had to improve in terms of aero. I wonder if,in CEO speak, that recognition was enough to put the resources behind doing a very deep dive into the causes of their correlation issues and perhaps address the structural rigidity issues bhall had speculated on before (and which seem a logical cause of lack of correlation).

I do also think and have been saying for a while on here- contrary to pervading opinion - that the more Italian-centric staff with a horizontal structure is logical; 'outsiders' who struggle to deal with the way things are done at Maranello can be successful if they have enough power and get to do everything their way (e.g. Todt) but otherwise you need to have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet and embracing the culture, not pushing against it.
Today Villeneuve (he's on Italian Sky with Marc Gene and Valsecchi) said that in Maranello there's a lot of creativity but sometimes it turns to chaos and that structure needs few "english brains" in order to keep everything focused on the same direction.

I think he's right :D

Vasconia

donskar wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 19:34
Great win for the Scuderia. The restructured organization -- remarkably -- really worked. Don't know if I agree that Rory Byrne made a difference -- isn't he about 72-73 years old?
I hope this car is a result of team working rather han Byrne´s magic design. Because is this design is mainly made by Rory, what the hell is going Ferrari to do without him?