Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

DVB

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

zioture wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 11:54
Update mirror support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6Z9Xg6QL8
Seems like they made a wing from the mirror support to guide or direct more air into the sidepods opening =D>
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

jamsbong

zioture wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 11:54
Update mirror support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6Z9Xg6QL8
I actually the new mirrors are easier to see thus actually functions as a useful mirror.

PlatinumZealot

It is ironic that Piola supposedly leaked a similar design some years before and the Ferrari car has it now? That was the drawing he had with the wings on the side of the cockpit. Maybe Ferrari designers did have a few sketches floating around at the inception of the 2017 regulations... Only the insiders really now..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mr.G

Does anybody noticed if they run in Australia the floor with cooling pipes in it?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

scarbs

Mr.G wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 07:20
Does anybody noticed if they run in Australia the floor with cooling pipes in it?
Not for the race

ripper

Did they use them during FP? I don't remember seeing them since the problem that Raikkonen had during spanish tests

Giando

PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 04:09
It is ironic that Piola supposedly leaked a similar design some years before and the Ferrari car has it now? That was the drawing he had with the wings on the side of the cockpit. Maybe Ferrari designers did have a few sketches floating around at the inception of the 2017 regulations... Only the insiders really now..
You refer to this drawing, right?

ferkan

Is there article along the picture?

Thunder

If there is, please make another Thread for that Discussion. This is about the SF70H, not about a fictional drawing of one of it's Predecessors
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

f1316

Giando wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 13:45
PlatinumZealot wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 04:09
You refer to this drawing, right?

http://f1sintraccion.com/wordpress/wp-c ... 2-terv.jpg
I know it's been discussed before but I've also been wondering along these lines.

I remember this was pre 2012 season and much of the talk that year was of Rory Byrne's involvement - as it was this year. Part of me wonders if this is a concept Byrne had in his mind for a while, possibly with a small R&D group as a back burner project.

The 2012 was the first Pat Fry led concept, so maybe he was resistant to outside ideas, or maybe the concept just wasn't developed enough yet; either way, I find it a bit of a coincidence for there to be absolutely no connection.

f1316

Thunders wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 14:21
If there is, please make another Thread for that Discussion. This is about the SF70H, not about a fictional drawing of one of it's Predecessors
Surely it's about the design lineage of the SF70H - and a specific design feature that's *on the car*?

At this rate, we will eventually get to the point that anything we want to discuss about the car at any length is moved to its own discussion and the car thread itself is completely barren...

turbof1

f1316 wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 15:32
Thunders wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 14:21
Surely it's about the design lineage of the SF70H - and a specific design feature that's *on the car*?

At this rate, we will eventually get to the point that anything we want to discuss about the car at any length is moved to its own discussion and the car thread itself is completely barren...
The issue here is you are putting way too much emphasis on a speculative 2012 design itself and too little how this refers back to the current 2017 design. The rules in the car topics are clear: discussion has to be about the [2017] specific parts. What you are now discussion is a particular design philosophy.

I'd also call 40 pages in this topic at the start of the season hardly barren, next to the obvious fact the preference is quality over quantity. Hence why the last lines in the topic rules mention it's better not to post if there is nothing noteworthy going on. Not saying that is the case here, but it is a generam rule of thumb.

I'll give this one more chance to dial the 2012 design properly back to the 2017 specific parts. There are a couple of obvious points which have not been discussed in that regard. If that fails, posts will have to be removed.
#AeroFrodo