Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
CriXus

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

f300v10

Another front wing comparison, from a different angle, via @AlbertFabrega. The span of the movable upper flaps (white sections) appears the same as before, but the fixed section (black) now has a more distinct outboard tunnel shape.

Thunder

AMuS:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

Via AMuS

And here's a better shot of the floor

Via @AlbertFabrega
Last edited by Morteza on 13 Apr 2017, 16:44, edited 4 times in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

Bimetallic flexing floor! That's what it is!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

CLKGTR

Some thoughts abot new front wing...

https://maxf1.net/en/ferrari-brings-hea ... n-bahrain/

shady

That floor flap is of completely different construction, its a separate piece entirely interesting, it is not like the slots near the rear wheels which for most teams is part of the floor (some hack away and put modified slots in, but generally) I wonder if the flapping around saw a similar nudge from Charlie as the Haas T-Wing... get it under control or we will.

Mr.G

I like this level of development on Ferrari, finaly!
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Selvariabell

Bwoah, that is a radical change in the front wing design. This change is awesome, although I am concerned on its sensitivity to dirty air.
"There's been more people who have gone to the moon than there has been multiple world champions, well done."
- Red Bull​ team radio to Vettel, Japan 2011

Vanja #66

bhall II wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 22:21
Yes, but to make any sort of quantitative assessment of local air flow based upon the trajectory of those sparks, given the fact that they've gotta go somewhere, seems odd to me. Some are deflected inside, some are deflected outside, and some of them even get run over.
The same thing happens to air particles, doesn't it? Take a look again at the gif. Notice how those sparks speed up a lot under the front wing. Look at how fast they change direction towards the diffuser (the majority of them that does)... It's not just them being pushed by rear wheel, they are sucked in...
Selvariabell wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 18:18
Bwoah, that is a radical change in the front wing design. This change is awesome, although I am concerned on its sensitivity to dirty air.
It's not really such a radical change. If I remember correctly, they had 3 elements extending from centre section in 2015. What I really like is how they've reduced the number of struts connecting 3 flaps to main elements to just 2 and multiple smaller ones integrated within slots in various positions. Much cleaner... McLaren has 4 struts, Merc and RB have two smaller ones and one really big...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

LookBackTime

Gianlu D'Alessandro‏ @Gianludale27

🇧🇭 #BahrainGP | Ferrari's upgrades:
- New front wing
- New cockpit louvres
- Modified floor

armyk

Finally Ferrari made badass looking car and it is fast... RedBull looked awesome until 2017, now they have just nothing special... I think they switched the roles kinda...

Yurasyk

Have not seen such a detailed photo of those strakes above the flexing flap before. :o

Santozini

armyk wrote:
13 Apr 2017, 20:34
Finally Ferrari made badass looking car and it is fast... RedBull looked awesome until 2017, now they have just nothing special... I think they switched the roles kinda...
Gina does look fast, and mean! :twisted: