2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

ALO_Power wrote:
17 May 2017, 15:10
Writinglife wrote:
17 May 2017, 14:09
I'd be more than happy for Button to do 2018 alongside VanDoorne.

Alonso disappearing to Indy would be a bonus.
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Yea yea hahaha, keep Toyota GT86 and let McLaren P1 go.

Hater alert !!!
Vandoorne is at least a Civic Type R.
Saishū kōnā

Singabule

godlameroso wrote:
17 May 2017, 18:39
ALO_Power wrote:
Writinglife wrote:
17 May 2017, 14:09
I'd be more than happy for Button to do 2018 alongside VanDoorne.

Alonso disappearing to Indy would be a bonus.

Hater alert !!!
At least civic can attack the corner, Vandorne not yet.

diffuser

Anyone who considers taking a driver who is min .3/lap slower (Button) over a faster pilot simply cause of attitude, isn't worth talking about.

It takes teams > a year to make up .3/lap sometimes and here you ready to give it up without a thought ?

godlameroso

Singabule wrote:
17 May 2017, 21:22
godlameroso wrote:
17 May 2017, 18:39
ALO_Power wrote:

Hater alert !!!
At least civic can attack the corner, Vandorne not yet.
I see his race pace, it's not bad compared to Alonso, his qualifying isn't there yet though.
Saishū kōnā

Artur Craft

If Honda manages to properly fix their PU and get's close to Ferrari's and Mercedes', Mclaren could be quite close to the front as they didn't loose much time in the corners of Barcelona. There's an youtuber that measured Alonso's run through T9 and he was just around half a tenth slower than Vettel and Hamilton. That's the most aero demanding corner and, to me, hints that Mclaren is losing well over a second on the straights. On Monaco, the car should be much better, in that sense.

max_speed

Writinglife wrote:
17 May 2017, 15:36
Not a hater as such, more like a "disliker" I fully admit that Alonso has great talent, behind the wheel, but I'm just disappointed in his attitude to teams.
Please, please do not start it again. we have this kind of discussion many times already. be constructive these kind of discussion dnt help anyone's cause

mwillems

Artur Craft wrote:
18 May 2017, 02:30
If Honda manages to properly fix their PU and get's close to Ferrari's and Mercedes', Mclaren could be quite close to the front as they didn't loose much time in the corners of Barcelona. There's an youtuber that measured Alonso's run through T9 and he was just around half a tenth slower than Vettel and Hamilton. That's the most aero demanding corner and, to me, hints that Mclaren is losing well over a second on the straights. On Monaco, the car should be much better, in that sense.
There's some interesting discussion in the Honda engine thread, including some interviews with Hasegawa of Honda and Matt Morris of Mclaren. It basically suggests that 60% of the speed deficit is the engine and 40% is the chassis/aero. In terms of the grid, that would suggest the chassis is in the top 4, but still some way from the front, unfortunately.

I think Zak Brown has also since stated that Mclaren will struggle to push past 6th position later this year, on outright pace alone.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

godlameroso

It's getting there, they have the talent and funds to develop the car, and Honda will keep improving the power unit. Hopefully Barcelona was a wakeup call for the strategists and pit crew as they're behind in that aspect as well. The car is no longer in egg stage, it's in hatchling stage, and will remain like that until Austria or Baku, possibly Silverstone. I have a feeling that the car will reach adolescent stage for Singapore or Malaysia, and ready for Suzuka, but won't fully mature until next year.
Saishū kōnā

Singabule

Artur Craft wrote:
18 May 2017, 02:30
Monaco is depend on mechanical grip more than aero, so it is unclear to me. Hope that they solved the Last year suspension issue

etusch

I wonder that can we see mclaren as third fastest at monaco. A feeling say that 1 Redbull or ferrari third mclaren and 4th merc

Alonso Fan

etusch wrote:
19 May 2017, 08:36
I wonder that can we see mclaren as third fastest at monaco. A feeling say that 1 Redbull or ferrari third mclaren and 4th merc
I think they'll be p7 and below. Realistically they cannot match the top 3 teams even at Monaco. Last year they just barely did it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

GoranF1

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 May 2017, 09:25
etusch wrote:
19 May 2017, 08:36
I think they'll be p7 and below. Realistically they cannot match the top 3 teams even at Monaco. Last year they just barely did it
No way.....what you are saying would be the case whit Alonso on board.
Button will be rusty and Vandoorne is just not the level of Alonso(despite his junior record)
After Monaco i am afraid people will bash the Mclaren chassis allthough whit Alonso it would be clear best of the rest in MC.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

kaepernickus

GoranF1 wrote:
19 May 2017, 10:29
... and Vandoorne is just not the level of Alonso(despite his junior record)
Interesting that you can tell that after !6! F1 races in a shitty car that's broken most of the time.

GoranF1

kaepernickus wrote:
19 May 2017, 12:58
GoranF1 wrote:
19 May 2017, 10:29
... and Vandoorne is just not the level of Alonso(despite his junior record)
Interesting that you can tell that after !6! F1 races in a shitty car that's broken most of the time.
Its not that interesting...i follow Alonso for 15 years...and there were some rookies that came close to him and Vandoorne just isnt one of them.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

marvin78

That's a hell of an argument....