2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316
f1316

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

SR71 wrote:
19 May 2017, 23:30
f1316 wrote:
19 May 2017, 18:59
TwanV wrote:
15 May 2017, 17:48

I think there is some internal problems taking place in the RB design team.. In Australia the story was quite the opposite and now, as the car appears to be a bit of a dog Newey had nothing to do with it.. fake news! :lol:
Exactly, and I remember lots of articles/quotes from Horner before the season where 'Newey is full on with the new car' and 'reinvigorated by the new regulations' etc. etc.

Maybe it's a bit like how Rory Byrne is either completely involved with a new car or it's all Tombazis/Fry/Allison/Resta depending on who the scape goat is?

Nevertheless it's way more so with Newey: I'm certain that if the car had headed the field we'd hear 'Newey strikes again', 'Newey is always the best at new regulations/aero formulas'.
So what you're saying is: statements by Horner/Newey in 2017 are PR fluff because they align with your general position. BUT, statements by Horner/Newey in 2016 were NOT PR fluff because they align with your general position?

If we are just here to cherry pick then whats the point?

ALL statements made by any TP in history are PR fluff. This is F1, how can so many not understand the basic fundementals of press statements after so many years of being fans.

#blinders_on
#hashtagsdontproveanything

I don't have a general position on whether Newey is involved in the car or not - my point is that the Red Bull story has changed since the beginning of the season, with secondary point that the media eat up anything that underlines the narrative that Newey is God.

Of course a company will realease statements that spin things in a positive light for their brand/assets - and likewise, media outlets like to have 'stories' that are established, consistent and easy for people to follow - I'm actually extremely familiar with such things. But what you're saying is that it's not even worthy of comment to point out the inconsistency in a team's comms? So basically they could blame all their problems on the flux capacitor and the fact they don't have enough ellipses, and it would be naive for someone to point out the problem with that statement?

SR71

f1316 wrote:
20 May 2017, 08:41
SR71 wrote:
19 May 2017, 23:30
f1316 wrote:
19 May 2017, 18:59

Exactly, and I remember lots of articles/quotes from Horner before the season where 'Newey is full on with the new car' and 'reinvigorated by the new regulations' etc. etc.

Maybe it's a bit like how Rory Byrne is either completely involved with a new car or it's all Tombazis/Fry/Allison/Resta depending on who the scape goat is?

Nevertheless it's way more so with Newey: I'm certain that if the car had headed the field we'd hear 'Newey strikes again', 'Newey is always the best at new regulations/aero formulas'.
So what you're saying is: statements by Horner/Newey in 2017 are PR fluff because they align with your general position. BUT, statements by Horner/Newey in 2016 were NOT PR fluff because they align with your general position?

If we are just here to cherry pick then whats the point?

ALL statements made by any TP in history are PR fluff. This is F1, how can so many not understand the basic fundementals of press statements after so many years of being fans.

#blinders_on
#hashtagsdontproveanything

I don't have a general position on whether Newey is involved in the car or not - my point is that the Red Bull story has changed since the beginning of the season, with secondary point that the media eat up anything that underlines the narrative that Newey is God.

Of course a company will realease statements that spin things in a positive light for their brand/assets - and likewise, media outlets like to have 'stories' that are established, consistent and easy for people to follow - I'm actually extremely familiar with such things. But what you're saying is that it's not even worthy of comment to point out the inconsistency in a team's comms? So basically they could blame all their problems on the flux capacitor and the fact they don't have enough ellipses, and it would be naive for someone to point out the problem with that statement?

Most quotes about Newey having heavy involvment on the RB13 were late summer of '16. Comments made by Horner at this point in time could have been true - because he would be commenting on work Newey had been doing from before summer - when the backbone of the car and high level philosophy was established.

I'm sure Newey had input when the foundation of the RB13 were being set - then perhaps stepped aside to let others develop it as the article states.

It's certainly possible that Newey is coming back in because his team isn't up to the challenge of executing his ideas - spain showed an RB13 that was clearly a step forward. Clearly the performance is in the car so the original concept is strong - the development team are the failures in this scenario.

So ALL statements could be true WHILE being functional PR.

Of course RB might also have just gotten lucky with some bits they bolted on and are generating the Newey story to ride PR wave.

aral
aral

A number of posts have been removed as they were critical of a persons spelling. These had nothing to do with the topic. Remember, everyone can make spelling mistakes for various reasons, including pressing wrong keys etc. Petty stirring does you no favours.

lio007

2 and a half very entertaining minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZPe08qJjfk

ME4ME

Marko waving the checkered flag, nice detail :lol:

lio007

ME4ME wrote:
30 May 2017, 22:56
Marko waving the checkered flag, nice detail :lol:
Good catch!
Indeed...I didn't recognize this until now.

lio007

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status ... 2097966080 edit: what happened to to forum? tweets and youtoube don't work any more !?

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status ... 2097966080

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Did my eyes deceive me or where the Red Bull mechanics dremeling the brake ducts on one of the cars right before Q2 in Canada?

ME4ME

Ricciardo having more luck than he deserves in my opinion. He's been put in the shadows all season by Verstappen, yet comfortably leads in him in the standings now.

djos

Pretty harsh considering Dan drove like a legend today, he got a great start and then held off 2 force India's for half the gp to bag the final podium spot. Sure there was some luck involved, but Dan made the most of it and made zero mistakes.
"In downforce we trust"

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

ME4ME wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 22:21
Ricciardo having more luck than he deserves in my opinion. He's been put in the shadows all season by Verstappen, yet comfortably leads in him in the standings now.
Absolutely agree! And totally gutted. Not that i don't like DR, but MV is another league.

marvin78
marvin78

In what category?In good looking for a few laps ? In destroying other drivers races? Definetly not in doing a good job as a good race driver.

Vasconia

dxpetrov wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 07:53
ME4ME wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 22:21
Absolutely agree! And totally gutted. Not that i don't like DR, but MV is another league.
Ricciardo is driving fast, making almost no mistakes. I cannot say the same about Verstapen. Yeah, spectacular start but then you need to use your brakes a little bit...

Phil

I'm a big fan of Dan... but I feel gutted for Max. What a start and into 2nd position. That ruthlessness is what made me a fan of Hamilton in 07/08. Would have loved to see him defend that 2nd position throughout the race.

Yes, Dan has been fortunate with the way some of the races went (especially last two), but one needs to take into account that RedBull is quite a bit off pace wise from both Ferrari/Mercedes. The only way for them to better their positions is to gamble on certain strategies. This means that more often than not, one of the driver will benefit at the expense of the other. I.e. in Monaco - luring the Mercedes into an early stop and try an undercut only worked in Max's car. If they had tried the same with Dan, the pressure on Mercedes would have been less and there would have been a higher probability that they don't gain a position at all. This of course made Dan's race what it was.

At Canada, Max's failure had nothing to do with Dan. Dan just profited twice, once from Max causing damage to Vettels car and by Max having a DNF. The good news is, I don't see team orders becoming an issue this year at RB. They will most likely not be fighting for the championship, so the drivers will be free to battle things out. I can only see RedBull doing team-orders if the quicker driver is being held up by the slower team-mate and a better team-result is on the table.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

marvin78 wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 08:09
In what category?In good looking for a few laps ? In destroying other drivers races? Definetly not in doing a good job as a good race driver.
In a category that since Germany last year he was way faster of the two.