2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
j2004p

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

GoranF1 wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:10
Whitout Alonso chassis looks as mediocore as the engine....
Oh C'mon, the car looks reasonable and Button has been driving the car for a total of an hour and a half and is already looking to be on par with Stoff

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:15
Monaco will be a good oportunity to solve some doubts at that respect. I really hope they can perform decently so we can say the chassis must be good, otherwise this season will be depressing...
So far... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway I still hope that button will show us how good the car is. He needs time indeed because its pretty hard to make a comeback just in Monaco without a previous feeling of the car.

Xero

I think it's pretty impressive Jenson is already on the same pace as Stoffel, having been out of an F1 car for 8 months, jumping into a different concept, and around Monaco of all places. Shows his class, as well as how good the simulators are now.

mclaren111

Andres125sx wrote:
25 May 2017, 11:04
mclaren111 wrote:
24 May 2017, 14:10
Andres125sx wrote:
24 May 2017, 12:02

They started that some months ago, it´s the 2017 PU :wink:

There´s no mayor changes for next season, so this PU is the base for next season PU.

What days of testing?

There´s no proper testing, so it´s a much better option to use 2017 GPs as testing to develop, evolve and improve the PU so there´s some chance next season they can be somewhat competitive.

Also, how are you going to work on 2018 PU if the base is not properly developed yet? Before improving something you must first know what to improve. You cannot work on next season PU before solving 2017 PU problems, at least if you don´t want to start from scratch, wich I hope is not the case as that´s what they did this 17 season so starting from scratch again would mean they failed miserably in 2017... again. I hope that´s not the case, so I expect them to develop 2017 PU during the whole season, and continue that development next season
Those valuable 8 days of testing at Barcelona before the season starts.
So we´re in May and you´re thinking about winter tests? :o What should they do the previous 7 months?

That´s what I meant, working on 2018 PU at this point is absurd, developing 2017 PU is actually developing 2018 PU, with the bonus it can and will be tested on track as soon as any improvement is implemented, and that is proper development, contrary to working on 2018 PU at this point, as that would be only on paper without real testing
Been working so well for them to date. Still disagree... :mrgreen: :o :mrgreen:

diffuser

nzjrs wrote:
25 May 2017, 10:18

Personally I think they have a measurement + validation / process problem, us arguing about which "god" of engine design will save them is ludicrous.
I think the person was just being factual. Think you're getting excited over nothing.

It is also a fact that they don't have a mule.

Wazari Said they went with the Honda Design this time.

Webber2011

Xero wrote:
25 May 2017, 13:17
I think it's pretty impressive Jenson is already on the same pace as Stoffel, having been out of an F1 car for 8 months, jumping into a different concept, and around Monaco of all places. Shows his class, as well as how good the simulators are now.
Got to agree with you there mate, Jenson's much better than a lot of people give him credit for.

Would Alonso have been quicker ?

Most likely, but he's had time on the track in the new car..............even if it has only been 16 minutes all season :lol: :lol: :lol:

marmer

If jenson beats stoffel in qualifying it won't look good that a guy can just turn up and beat him even if jenson was a world champion that was nearly 10 years ago

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

mclaren111

Webber2011 wrote:
25 May 2017, 16:34
Xero wrote:
Got to agree with you there mate, Jenson's much better than a lot of people give him credit for.

Would Alonso have been quicker ?

Most likely, but he's had time on the track in the new car..............even if it has only been 16 minutes all season :lol: :lol: :lol:
No mate, I've checked, it's 32 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nzjrs

diffuser wrote:
25 May 2017, 16:32
nzjrs wrote:
25 May 2017, 10:18

Personally I think they have a measurement + validation / process problem, us arguing about which "god" of engine design will save them is ludicrous.
I think the person was just being factual. Think you're getting excited over nothing.
Quite the opposite. I'm trying to temper the excitement of others.

BosF1

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3536 ... ith-honda/

McLaren has made clear that its partnership with Honda will continue through the 2018 season, ending speculation of a switch to rival manufacturer Mercedes.

Following another tough pre-season, with Honda still struggling for reliability and performance, it emerged that McLaren had contacted Mercedes about potential engine supply.

McLaren used Mercedes engines from 1995 to 2014, but reunited with Honda in 2015, following a previous, highly-successful partnership, which yielded eight world titles.

Amid the reports, McLaren stated that it was "working with Honda to address shortcomings and deficiencies", though also revealed that the two parties were "considering options".

However, the FIA's deadline for manufacturers to clarify which teams they will supply next season recently passed, and McLaren has confirmed that it will stick with Honda.

Asked by GPUpdate.net to clarify McLaren's plans, Executive Director Zak Brown said: "We have been very consistent and we are committed to Honda – there will be no change."

McLaren is the only team yet to score a point in 2017.

dren

It was fairly obvious Mclaren was sticking with Honda, just follow the money trail.
Honda!

etusch

This what a clever man does. 2018 is worst year to leave Honda and best year to set partnership with Honda. Sauber did a great decision I think
İmo end of the season many people will be thinking that mclaren will fight for Championship at 2018 season

Vasconia

Xero wrote:
Jenson is a top class driver, perhaps he lacks those 0,2-0,3 seconds that would put him at the same level of Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso. But he is so consistently fast!. It would be hard for Stoffel is he is beaten by him, though.

Xero

Vasconia wrote:
26 May 2017, 09:38
Xero wrote:
Jenson is a top class driver, perhaps he lacks those 0,2-0,3 seconds that would put him at the same level of Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso. But he is so consistently fast!. It would be hard for Stoffel is he is beaten by him, though.
Would also give McLaren something to think about for next season, as Jenson is the only McLaren driver contracted with a race seat. He sounded a lot more keen for next season after FP2, I think he's got his enthusiasm for it back again after some time off. If he hammers Stoffel this weekend, and Stoffel fails to improve over the remainder of the season, it's a no brainer for me. Button back in. If Alonso decides to move on, then problem dodged.

Vasconia

Xero wrote:
26 May 2017, 14:54
Vasconia wrote:
26 May 2017, 09:38
Xero wrote:

Would also give McLaren something to think about for next season, as Jenson is the only McLaren driver contracted with a race seat. He sounded a lot more keen for next season after FP2, I think he's got his enthusiasm for it back again after some time off. If he hammers Stoffel this weekend, and Stoffel fails to improve over the remainder of the season, it's a no brainer for me. Button back in. If Alonso decides to move on, then problem dodged.
I would be happy to see him back. Great driver and a very nice guy.

He has clearly improved from FP1 to FP2 so I see a realy chance to see him beating Stoffel.