Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
George-Jung

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Kubica for Palmer this year- Hungary

marmer

George-Jung wrote:Kubica for Palmer this year- Hungary
Friday practice only this season I suspect

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

rscsr

marmer wrote:
16 Jun 2017, 19:42

That would at least make sense. Palmer seem to not become any quicker and therefore it would be best to put Kubica and Hülkenberg on the same program and check if Kubica is as fast and consistent as his test in the E20 suggests.

PlatinumZealot

dren wrote:
16 Jun 2017, 16:28
Alonso will stay at Mclaren or jump to Indycar.
Agreed. The McLaren will have a Mercedes engine next year so it will all be good for alonso.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Honda may also have a second customer in the form of ron dennis and his chinese backers! :D :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

Vasconia

rscsr wrote:
16 Jun 2017, 19:52
marmer wrote:
16 Jun 2017, 19:42

That would at least make sense. Palmer seem to not become any quicker and therefore it would be best to put Kubica and Hülkenberg on the same program and check if Kubica is as fast and consistent as his test in the E20 suggests.
Indeed, Kubika should run all the FP1 until the end of the season just to be ready to make a good comeback in 2018.

Macklaren

My $0.02. I think ALO has 2 choices: stay at Mclaren or retire. I dont think Merc will pair him with HAM and he is most def not going back to Ferrari. If he leaves, its clear that Button will not drive again. I think the most likely replacements for ALO are (a) RIC: if VER destroys him this year, I think RB will put SAI in his seat leaving him free: esp. if McL run Merc engines (b) Rosberg coming out of retirement with nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain if McL can make it back to the top again.

Vasconia

Macklaren wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 02:19
My $0.02. I think ALO has 2 choices: stay at Mclaren or retire. I dont think Merc will pair him with HAM and he is most def not going back to Ferrari. If he leaves, its clear that Button will not drive again. I think the most likely replacements for ALO are (a) RIC: if VER destroys him this year, I think RB will put SAI in his seat leaving him free: esp. if McL run Merc engines (b) Rosberg coming out of retirement with nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain if McL can make it back to the top again.
I doubt any driver can destroy Ricciardo, beat him? perhaps but I doubt the difference would be too big.

marvin78

To beat him you have to be a good race driver. Verstappen didn't proove that he can be that.

daniellammers

marvin78 wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 09:45
To beat him you have to be a good race driver. Verstappen didn't proove that he can be that.
If Verstappen had a bit more luck, he would be ahead of Ricciardo in the Driver Standings.
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

marvin78

I don't think so. In nearly all the races that he has driven to the end, you could see, that he is not always capable of holding his pace through a whole race. He is always good for a few really outstandig laps and good qualifyings but I saw only a very few races where I would say: That was a good one and he managed his tyres well. To set that right: I'm convinced that he can learn that and that he is an outstandig talent in motorsport. But I don't think, that he es a better driver over a whole season, than Ricciardo yet.

And I don't like ifs and whens. I live in the now.

P.S.: Voting me down for that is really ridiculous. It gets worse here. Not everyone who sees things that fanboys don't like is a hater. I for one am not a fan of any driver. I don't even understand why one is.

godlameroso

Does Wehrlein stay in Sauber? Does he end up in Force India after Ocon goes to the mothership? Bottas back to Williams with Stroll? What about Mystery Chinese team? Would they use Honda engines? Mercedes or Renault? Ferrari?
Saishū kōnā

Jolle

With Sainz, although he's an excellent racer, I got a bit of a Vergne/Buemi dejavu. Might wel that he becomes victim of the RedBull strategy again. I hope he is able to release himself from RedBull and gets picked up by Renault for instance.

Manoah2u

Verstappen @ Ferrari next year alongside Vettel after Ferrari / Vettel just missing out winning the WDC/WCC and decide they need an upgrade from Raikkonen. Thanks ol' boy, you've been great, time to leave though.
Bottas gets replaced by Alonso as Mercedes decides that the competition between Ferrari and Mercedes was too close for comfort and need more from their 2nd driver to which Bottas can't reach.
Bottas goes to Mclaren to pair with VanDoorne, with Mclaren having Mercedes engines. easy deal.
Ricciardo stays at RedBull after missing out on a Ferrari deal and isn't too happy, and gets Sainz alongside him.
Kvyat pisses napalm after that move and leaves Toro Rosso to go and drive for Renault alongside Hulkenberg.
Toro Rosso has Gasly aboard and it's anybody's guess who'll pair him.
Williams says goodbye Massa once again and gets Wehrlein aboard alongside Stroll.
Sauber keeps Ericsson and paires him to Matsushita of Honda.
Haas is happy with the Grosjean-Magnussen combo but let's Grosjean do Indy and LeMans as his french feelings get hurt Ferrari didn't want him.
Force India keeps Ocon as he's doing great and Perez has nowhere else to go so stays another year to be crushed by Ocon.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

Jolle wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 17:32
With Sainz, although he's an excellent racer, I got a bit of a Vergne/Buemi dejavu. Might wel that he becomes victim of the RedBull strategy again. I hope he is able to release himself from RedBull and gets picked up by Renault for instance.
Some perspective on Sainz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynhXzBO7f0