2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, 23-25 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, 23-25 June

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 22:10
turbof1 wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 13:21

The funniest thing about that, is that the mechanic was just dangling the steering in front of Kimi's face the whole time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjK_VDngUkQ&dummy=1

Like a carrot in front of a donkey. I can just imagine what the mechanic said. "Hey Kimi, you want this? You want your steering wheel? Nah bro, not getting it. Hey Kimi look, I'll just jog alongside while pretending I'm steering. Hey Kimi, shall I radio in you don't have a steering wheel? Hey kimi, please press strat 6 on your imaginary steering wheel. Hey Kimi... ." Kimi: "stfu and give my steering wheel!!!!"
I was slapping my knees with that one! lol

Man. I'm not sure I want Kimi to retire. We need a Kimi in F1.
+1. Those "special" characters make F1 even more entertaining. :mrgreen:

Vasconia

Diesel wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 20:18
ChrisDanger wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 19:39
Diesel wrote:
13 Jun 2017, 19:39
This was a pretty dull race last year, I don't expect this to change again this year. If anything, with wider cars it's going to be impossible to overtake here. Whoever leads after the first lap will win the race.
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/merced ... =2017-baku

137 overtakes, of which 25 were DRS-assisted. Previous record this year was China with 54.

Every thread someone comes along with a downer post about how the race is going to be boring. I'm not singling you out, because I'm sure it's not the same person every time, but it would be great if people could leave their pessimism on their side of the keyboard.
This race was "exciting" for all the wrong reasons, I stand by my post. It was about to become a dull race after Verstappen retired, then cue the chaos caused by the safety cars. The majority of those overtakes were created by tyre temperature problems caused under the safety car restarts.

But hey, if you enjoyed Baku and that's the sort of racing you want to see then don't let me stop you from enjoying it. I'd personally prefer to watch a race rather than a destruction derby.

Ps- If you've got a problem with a post then report it to the moderators :wink:
Those incidents and problems are part of the F1 and have made races even more interesting. Racing is not only about having clean and easy races, its also about surviving from difficult and chaotic situations.

Steven
Owner

The Baku HAM-VET incident thread was reopened, and posts regarding further possible penalties were moved there
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26540&p=704329#p704329

xtremeclock

Remember Vettel was given a penalty @ Germany 2012 for overtaking Button outisde the track limits ?

What about this (OCON/HAM): https://streamable.com/jsd3v

Vanja #66

It's not the perfect view, but to me it looks like Hamilton's left tyres did stay on the white line just a bit, and as long as they did it's a legit move.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Moose

Yeh, I don't see any moment where HAM is fully across the line there. Even if he was - there's often corners where the stewards explicitly say that drivers are allowed over the white lines in the driver briefings.

NathanOlder

xtremeclock wrote:
01 Jul 2017, 21:36
Remember Vettel was given a penalty @ Germany 2012 for overtaking Button outisde the track limits ?

What about this (OCON/HAM): https://streamable.com/jsd3v
have to agree with the others, his car never left the track, so nothing wrong with that.

I have always thought Vettel is a driver who always uses more track that others, often it appeared he was outside the white lines in qualifying.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Wherlein score two more points here. What do you guys think about that?

That is two points scoring finishes to Ericsson's zero. Granted Marcus had battery problems and no on were following the two Saubers races so it is a bit unknown how wherlein made it into the points and whether Ericsson would too if his car were reliable.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NathanOlder

Cant see him scoring points this time round. Last year he had Mercedes Power on a power track. This time he's running...... Not Mercedes power.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

jonas_linder

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 03:44
Wherlein score two more points here. What do you guys think about that?

That is two points scoring finishes to Ericsson's zero. Granted Marcus had battery problems and no on were following the two Saubers races so it is a bit unknown how wherlein made it into the points and whether Ericsson would too if his car were reliable.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/197 ... ein-points

TAG

If Vettel is DSQ'd from the Baku results, will they bump everyone up in the points for the race or will they leave their results as they stand? What's the historical precedence for this situation?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Gerhardsa

Don't think he will get DQ'd, but most probably the results will stay, only the points will be affected (everyone behind him bumped up)
I recall that happening to MSC in 1997, where he lost all his points from the season DQ, but kept his results/stats/finishing positions for the season

langwadt

TAG wrote:
03 Jul 2017, 12:21
If Vettel is DSQ'd from the Baku results, will they bump everyone up in the points for the race or will they leave their results as they stand? What's the historical precedence for this situation?
bumped up, example: https://www.formula1.com/en/results.htm ... esult.html

Big Mangalhit

In that race he was DSQ before the results were homologated. This is not the case for Baku since those results are final and official. I would think that in this case they would strip away his points in the WDC but wouldn't touch the table of race results.

foxmulder_ms

I watched highlights of this race again, now with a smile on my face :mrgreen: :mrgreen: