Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

waynes wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 08:25
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 05:36
then what's keeping you guys at Renault from doing that?
https://content.assets.pressassociation ... 40x427.jpg
again, what's keeping Renault from letting Kub have a go. Watching slow-drying paint dry is more exciting and gets better results than him in any F1 car, let alone a points capable Renault.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sonador

Abiteboul confirmed today that Kubica is an option for next year, he told Will Buxton after a question.

I really hope he is abe to make a good comeback.

Manoah2u

I'll repeat :D

kubica will have a raceseat at Renault in the RS18 for 2018
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

GPR-A duplicate2

Sonador wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 23:36
Abiteboul confirmed today that Kubica is an option for next year, he told Will Buxton after a question.

I really hope he is abe to make a good comeback.
He would definitely be a better option than Palmer.

Phil

That door for the Renault seat is closing quick, aint it...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

adrianjordan

You don't think they'll parachute him in for the second half of this season?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

He'll get some private tests surely in the E20 under diffirent circumstances; rain for example and probably will try and try and fatigue him out to see what he can handle. they must, today's f1 cars are harder to handle than the E20, AND he must be able to compete in a full race weekend. not just 1, but a full season.

will they hand him a friday testing session? i think they should wait with that for some reasons.
1 reason is that it is far too big of a thing to rush it. i mean this is stuff of legends, you can't just throw him in on a friday like he's a junior programme driver. all eyes will be on him.
so you must be guaranteed to have him be atleast able to perform in it.

also, if he then DOES perform in it, competitively, then there is no way back, is there?

so the question for this season foremost is, IF they give him a test drive on a friday session, ARE they able to spoon him in for the rest of the season somehow?
were talking contract agreements, licenses, health, able to leave the car in the mandated time, all in a car that is not at all adjusted or built for kubica.

hence going for 2018 is in a way better because they will have built a car specifically for him [alongside the hulk] and kubica has then still more than enough time to fully focus and prepare instead of rushing things in for the sake of fans?

I do think he still will do better than palmer, but that is not all of it. is it the best thing to do for Kubica? I think not. I am convinced he will have a race seat at Renault for 2018.
i dont think he'll actually get a drive this year.

as for Palmer, he's on the verge of getting replaced by Sainz. There's nothing to lose there but the transfer money. Then we will see how Sainz can compete against the Hulk.
Then at the end of the year, it'll be either Sainz or Kubica. Is Kubica better than Sainz? good question, but the only thing important now for both Sainz and Kubica would be to
beat Hulkenberg consistantly.

Phil

adrianjordan wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 09:35
You don't think they'll parachute him in for the second half of this season?
Sorry, i meant to say that it is closing quick for other drivers. I think Kubica has a real chance here and this will leave others like Sainz or Alonso stranded, IMO.

I think that Renault seat is getting more attractive - possibly about to be the most attractive seat of the midfield with potentially becoming a top team in the future...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u

Looking at Hulk's results, yeah, that Renault is getting more and more interesting by the weekend.

Sure Palmer has loads of bad luck, still, luck for a vastly underperforming wet towel of a driver.

waynes

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 00:24
Looking at Hulk's results, yeah, that Renault is getting more and more interesting by the weekend.

Sure Palmer has loads of bad luck, still, luck for a vastly underperforming wet towel of a driver.
:D

perfect description

Manoah2u

waynes wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 15:56
Manoah2u wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 00:24

:D

perfect description
not to forget he has also has the charisma of a haystack.

i know it's money somehow that got him there, but well, i'm seriously wondering whether a more competent driver wouldn't bring more money in the end because of points and results and getting them in the right spot in the WCC.

FW17

Manoah2u

i still get goosebumps from seeing his Canada crash. i remember that like yesterday. i seriously, seriously thought he was dead as can be after that crash. i don't think i've seen a crash as violent as that after Senna's crash, and that one is engraved in my memory forever. I also still get goosebumps from his Canada victory then after that. one hell of a driver.

give that man a top 3 capable car, please.

nokivasara

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 17:07
i still get goosebumps from seeing his Canada crash. i remember that like yesterday. i seriously, seriously thought he was dead as can be after that crash. i don't think i've seen a crash as violent as that after Senna's crash, and that one is engraved in my memory forever. I also still get goosebumps from his Canada victory then after that. one hell of a driver.

give that man a top 3 capable car, please.
Yeah, that was a horrible crash and a few nervous moments before everyone realized he was OK. The fact that the crash looks so violent (spectacular) probably saved his life, a lot of energy was absorbed there...But that first hit in the wall is horrendous.
I want Kubica back in F1 too but I wonder how good he'll be? Top 6?
Let's find out, please!

Manoah2u

Well, he beated Sirotkin on his first run, and though one might argue Sirotkin isn't really all that big of a deal, the thing is, he is atleast capable, secondly he has been testing for a while at Renault, and is much younger, to then immediately beat him is a good sign to begin with.
Then it has been said he was faster than The Hulk in either simulations with the FW17 or was it his second try at the E20? I don't recall that correctly or whetherthat's really true, but if it is true, that's phenomenal because The Hulk is quite a strong driver too. He won LM, he has much experience, is acostumed to the car - probably built more or less to his specifications and desires - and look what he's doing with the Renault right now. So that's even better news.

I'm sure Renault wouldn't go all the way after him if he wasn't top 6 or if he was simply a minor upgrade or more or less equal to Hulk. he must actually show data that shocks and surprises the team to concider all this, including all the risk it would bring along. So i'm actually rather confident that there is some really really interesting data and stuff going on at Renault because of that.

The only downside i have from a Kubica return is that i would feel a bit for Hulk if he gets beaten. He's always in the shadows somehow. and then to possibly be beaten by arguably a handicapped former retiree......that won't do much good to the ego i'm afraid.

apart from that, the combo Hulkenberg - Kubica imho is a very solid, strong and complete lineup. And quite frankly, exactly what Renault needs.