2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jano11

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Dipesh1995 wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 15:55
What are you on about? How can Arrivabene be held responsible for two tyre failures?
Because that car looked fast to you?
As for the tire failures, RBR reacted to Kimis' issues with the tire, Ferrari didn't bother even though Seb was complaining about blistering for more then 20 laps.
Ferrari is being left in the dust in the development race and pit wall mistakes are on the rise. The buck stops at Maurizio, it is his responsibility to make sure the team is performing at 100% and he is failing for the 3rd year in a row.

Jano11

munudeges wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 21:20
Jano11 wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 15:49
And that's why Ferrari will never win any championships with Arrivabene managing the team, he's not fit for a highly competitive environment. And today was further proof for it.
Marchionne appears to be driving that team and Arrivabene is merely a passenger, which is somewhat worrying. That's Ferrari though!
Marchione might give Arrivabene specific targets to achieve, however I think he is not micromanaging the team, he's got a job of his own to do and that is certainly leaving him little time for micromanagement of Ferrari F1.
Arrivabene however is failing at reaching those targets, horribly I would say.
Even Domenicali was doing better then this at keeping development pace high enough to fight for titles instead of sizzling off mid season.

TwanV

What is this nonsense Arrivabenne bashing.. Sorry Ferrari has made a big if not the biggest step this year, look at where red bull is, look at the championship table and watch the 2016 review . The Mercedes has finally been fixed now in terms of balance but Ferrari dialed in since race 1. How could the team have done a better job?
Last edited by TwanV on 17 Jul 2017, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Moose

TwanV wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 00:02
What is this nonsense Arrivabenne bashing.. Sorry Ferrari has made a big if not the biggest step this year, look at where red bull is, look at the championship table and watch the 2016 review . The Mercedes had finally been fixed now in terms of balance but Ferrari dialed in since race 1. How could the team have done a better job?
Well, the obvious way would be by having the fastest car on the grid.

TwanV

Moose wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 03:10
TwanV wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 00:02
What is this nonsense Arrivabenne bashing.. Sorry Ferrari has made a big if not the biggest step this year, look at where red bull is, look at the championship table and watch the 2016 review . The Mercedes had finally been fixed now in terms of balance but Ferrari dialed in since race 1. How could the team have done a better job?
Well, the obvious way would be by having the fastest car on the grid.
That is quite an expectation.. :wtf:

Big Mangalhit

Jano11 wrote:
16 Jul 2017, 23:02

Arrivabene however is failing at reaching those targets, horribly I would say.
:lol: :lol:

Sure Arrivabene is failing horribly. He is leading the team that improved the most, that has the leading driver of the WDC after half a championship even after everybody said in winter they were doomed because they lost the prodigious TD. I wonder what you think of Horner that everybody said RB would dominate this aero overhaul but they lost second place. What do you think of all the others team principals, are they succeeding? I really can't see how anybody can say Arrivabene is "failing horribly".

NathanOlder

To be honest, I would have left Seb out, it was only 3? Laps to go when Kimi had problems so it would have been 2 more laps for Seb and the reward was 3rd place. Ferrari disnt know what the problem was with Kimi until later.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

alexx_88

Big Mangalhit wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 09:55
Sure Arrivabene is failing horribly. He is leading the team that improved the most, that has the leading driver of the WDC after half a championship even after everybody said in winter they were doomed because they lost the prodigious TD. I wonder what you think of Horner that everybody said RB would dominate this aero overhaul but they lost second place. What do you think of all the others team principals, are they succeeding? I really can't see how anybody can say Arrivabene is "failing horribly".
Funnily enough, the team that got the "prodigious TD" has clearly outdeveloped them since that same TD joined at the beginning of the year.

Big Mangalhit

All thanks to him i am sure, mercedes was so lost these past years before James came in. I'm sure he made miracles since he started working there in March

Vasconia

alexx_88 wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 11:22
Big Mangalhit wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 09:55
Funnily enough, the team that got the "prodigious TD" has clearly outdeveloped them since that same TD joined at the beginning of the year.
More than outdevelopment I consider that they have just found the solution of their problems(tyre management, overweight) and now the Mercedes has unlocked its potential.

Phil

I fully expect Ferrari to turn up the heat at the FIA regarding the hydraulic suspension system that Merc seems to be using. Dont hate the players, hate the game.

If this is how Mercedes is making the tires work and extracting performance, its not something that Ferrari is doing (no hydraulic suspension system) and its not something they can easily adopt. I fully expect them to turn up the heat on a political level. Which team wouldnt?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GPR-A duplicate2

So, it all starts. Calling for heads. So predictable of some people (not sure what they smoke) on Ferrari forum.

For those who want to be optimistic, this is a great platform with the new regulations that Ferrari have created. There is less noise and more work and of course the current pace of work is not enough to beat Mercedes. But nevertheless, credit should go to Arrivabene to have ensured that things move in right direction, after Allison chose to leave. It was a point, where everyone thought it was doom for Ferrari, but the new leadership and the team below has responded splendidly. This is the first year for Mattia Binnoto and things have looked optimistic. They need to push on.

LIke I mentioned elsewhere, they need a strong pair of drivers, who can fight for victories and one can hold fort while the other is having a bad day. That way, they can help each other by holding the opposition teams. The risk of having a poor No.2 is, when the car development goes slightly against the style of their No.1 OR their No.1 is having a bad day, they stand to lose badly.

Grosjean can do what Bottas is doing at Mercedes, may be even better than Bottas. If I am Arrivabene, I would do the swap right away. They should forget about getting Verstappen or Ricciardo for 2018, who both have water tight contracts with Red Bull. Alonso would be the right fit, but it would probably never happen.

Big Mangalhit

What about Perez. I see such a splendid driver there. He was always fast and ballsy but now he seems also mature, composed and consistent. I think he should be the replacement for Kimi. Especially with his ties with Carlos Slim and the untapped Mexican market

Sevach

Phil wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 11:39
I fully expect Ferrari to turn up the heat at the FIA regarding the hydraulic suspension system that Merc seems to be using. Dont hate the players, hate the game.

If this is how Mercedes is making the tires work and extracting performance, its not something that Ferrari is doing (no hydraulic suspension system) and its not something they can easily adopt. I fully expect them to turn up the heat on a political level. Which team wouldnt?
I think they could find some time and consistency gains with it, i don't see why it wouldn't work for them.

Of course simply taking it away hurts Mercedes more than Ferrari going through the trouble of developing and setting it up.

GPR-A duplicate2

Big Mangalhit wrote:
17 Jul 2017, 11:49
What about Perez. I see such a splendid driver there. He was always fast and ballsy but now he seems also mature, composed and consistent. I think he should be the replacement for Kimi. Especially with his ties with Carlos Slim and the untapped Mexican market
He has always been weak in qualifying. Check his qualifying record against Hulk, he has always been weaker. Though he was better in races. He is only staying ahead of Ocon as he is a rookie. In a battle with Mercedes and specifically with Hamilton, you need a driver who can extract every hundredth available in a car and I don't think Perez is that driver.

On the other hand, look at Grosjean's performance in 2013 lotus and last year at Haas. He is a good qualifier and a race driver. He can do similar moves that Ricciardo does, when has the right car.