Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
diffuser

Re: Honda Power Unit

I find it heart warming that Wazari is sharing his retirement with us. Thanks Wazari for your time and insight!

Mikey05021984

After the Hungary GP this weekend ,there will be another 2 testdays! I hope Honda will take advantage of these 2 days and test a lot of spec-4 stuff... this can maybe speed-up their long awaiting final spec after the summer break. Does anyone have any info about what they will test exactly on the testdays? Or do these 2 testdays come a little too early for the spec-4 ? As i readed the spec-4 will come at earliest in Oktober...

godlameroso

I'm sure any testing with the actual car helps, although I'm not so sure there's much from the new spec they can trial at this stage. Testing is probably more for McLaren at this point. Maybe they try something after McLaren finishes their program.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:07
I'm sure any testing with the actual car helps, although I'm not so sure there's much from the new spec they can trial at this stage. Testing is probably more for McLaren at this point. Maybe they try something after McLaren finishes their program.
I think these tests must be like motogp test. Teams could be choose their test day. They have 4 day testing permisson they could use them when they have something to test. With this complex pu in two days changing something is not so easy I think

fellowhoodlums

Aston Martin, Ilmor.......all looking at 2021, can only mean more teams surely.

Honda....pressure is on.

godlameroso

Looking at it doesn't mean they'll join for certainty. Any new team is going to have a hard time matching the combustion technology of the current teams.
Saishū kōnā

Singabule

fellowhoodlums wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 13:39

Honda....pressure is on.
Not Really, as long as it is limited fuel and turbocharged engine. Plus honda mguh is the weakest part of current campaign, if they get rid of it, merc is on pressure too

etusch

fellowhoodlums wrote:

Honda....pressure is on.
Current contenders know what kind of hardness wait for new manufacturers. I think only pressure on honda is catching merc ferrari and if Honda can do this by saving low cog lighter pu they are good

godlameroso

Singabule wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 14:57
fellowhoodlums wrote:

Honda....pressure is on.
Not Really, as long as it is limited fuel and turbocharged engine. Plus honda mguh is the weakest part of current campaign, if they get rid of it, merc is on pressure too
Who makes the Honda MGU-H? Surely like the injectors, it's too specialized a part for them to be able to do it entirely in house.
Saishū kōnā

Craigy

godlameroso wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 16:35
Who makes the Honda MGU-H?
IHI.

PhillipM

Good news, the mapping has seen quite some updates on the new unit from the test running....bad news, they still saw more signs of wear/damage on the MGU-H afterwards than they wanted.

fellowhoodlums

That's nice to hear before Hungary, let's just hope the two MGU-H units they have last the weekend! Then get to the summer to work on fixes.

godlameroso

That's interesting, so I guess the MGU-H is still only good for 2 or 3 events at the moment.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

They need more osmium in the bearings. A tinge of depleted uranium helps too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."