Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

piast9 wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 01:24
Polish media say that Kubica passed the 5-seconds extraction test.
well that sums it up then. now it's definate. Kubica in 2018 in Renault F1 RS18.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

cplchanb

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 12:22
piast9 wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 01:24
Polish media say that Kubica passed the 5-seconds extraction test.
well that sums it up then. now it's definate. Kubica in 2018 in Renault F1 RS18.
Not necessarily...isnt this a mandate for all participating drivers in an official F1 event?
Sure he looks lined up for 2018 but an extraction test doesnt mean (correct me if im wrong) that
he is signed up for next year for sure.

Manoah2u

Not yet :D

but there's literally nothing preventhing his return now, and so if Renault also lets him test a 2017 car, then you know what's going to happen.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:03
Not yet :D

but there's literally nothing preventhing his return now, and so if Renault also lets him test a 2017 car, then you know what's going to happen.
He hasn't even tested the 2017 car yet. You're jumping the gun a bit.

Manoah2u

Tomorrow he will. He will do fine and say he's 100% ready for a return.
After Monza, Kubica will be announced as 2018 Race driver and will get friday testing sessions untill AbuDhabi with the RS17.

Yeah, i'm excited. and yeah, i'm jumping the gun. but you can see that it's loaded and the trigger is getting pulled. it's just waiting for the bang now :D

RedNEO

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:14
After Monza, Kubica will be announced as 2018 Race driver and will get friday testing sessions untill AbuDhabi with the RS17.

Yeah, i'm excited. and yeah, i'm jumping the gun. but you can see that it's loaded and the trigger is getting pulled. it's just waiting for the bang now :D
Haha you've had some time to think this through. Well whatever happens I hope he has fun tomorrow. He's a talented driver.

cplchanb

although i dont wish for it i am half expecting kubica to be like schumi 10-12.
whether or not its him or the car, injury+ 8 years away from F1 is a huge aggravating factor
against him being a top 5 driver.

zonk

And the number on the beast will be
Forza Robert

Manoah2u

RedNEO wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:20
Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:14

Haha you've had some time to think this through. Well whatever happens I hope he has fun tomorrow. He's a talented driver.
You know, i'm just living in the moment, i'm loving this and it's a dream come true if it happens.
Not neccesarily because i would qualify as a Kubica fan. I don't even think i really qualify as.
But for what this guy is doing right now, this is just legendary, and something that is going to write history
and get in the history books, well of motorsport either way.
I'm almost saying this stuff is bigger than just him, it's about not giving up and standing up.
This is batman stuff :P

Offcourse there's just as much chance that it'll never happen. perhaps that's even a bigger chance, who knows.

But one must say, the wheels are definately in motion.

And indeed, i'm sure he's having tons of fun. nobody's gonna take that away from him ever again.

Manoah2u

zonk wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:41
Forza Robert
Valentino Rossi?

zonk

Well it's more second renault test number

ESPImperium

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:57
zonk wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:41
Forza Robert
Valentino Rossi?
In F1 numbering, this was last on a Caterham-Renault CT-03 driven by Will Stevens at Abu Dhabi in a race, or used by Renault for Sirokin for FP1 sessions.

Greg_OR

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:56
[...]
But one must say, the wheels are definately in motion.

And indeed, i'm sure he's having tons of fun. nobody's gonna take that away from him ever again.
I've just watched long interview in polish Eleven Sports (they are there since GP) and I can confirm Robert's confidence. He is sure there wouldn't be any issues with the car handling or physical stress. He will sleep well this night.
Alan Permane confirmed mixed program with both car testing and driver evaluation, so I expect busy day as probably driver evaluation was added on top of factory program. Hope there are enough tire sets for tomorrow :)

Robert also asked to not over-interpret his words, nor treat as PR stuff, he speaks about things as they are.
He highlighted huge Renault role, but also added that he is the most strict judge for himself.

He is a good poker player so I wouldn't try to predict what can happen next, but I'm convinced that Robert is ready, with all the talent, speed and attention to detail as he was before.
Cant wait for tomorrow :)

Zynerji

Kubica-Alonso Renault 2018!! :twisted:

NathanOlder

So has it taken 6 1/2 years to be ready for this or has it been that long for someone to give him a chance ??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC