[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Alonso Fan

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

thanks LVDH, the new version works a treat. All the pp works too

however, i'd like a little help please. i'm introducing a new double layer front wing somewhat akin to TF's and I don't understand how to make it work. I get a high pressure region filling all the vertical space between the elements and low pressure on top of the upmost wing and on the bottom of the lowest wing. They're not working as two individual wings even though one is at the top of the allowable volume and the other is at the bottom. they have plenty of space between them vertically. i'm so baffled. last year with occfd and wflow I had no such issues. as a result i'm getting cl(f) as positive...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:
12 Aug 2017, 12:01
thanks LVDH, the new version works a treat. All the pp works too

however, i'd like a little help please. i'm introducing a new double layer front wing somewhat akin to TF's and I don't understand how to make it work. I get a high pressure region filling all the vertical space between the elements and low pressure on top of the upmost wing and on the bottom of the lowest wing. They're not working as two individual wings even though one is at the top of the allowable volume and the other is at the bottom. they have plenty of space between them vertically. i'm so baffled. last year with occfd and wflow I had no such issues. as a result i'm getting cl(f) as positive...
I suggest you two ways to improve: run a race with the intro class model designed with CAESES, studying how it works, or to share your post processing and geometry and ask for advices.

Alonso Fan

Question for Chris:

This might sound cheeky and hopefully it won't come to this lbut is there anything stopping me from downloading the intro class geometry, modifying it and altering it and submitting it as a full entry? :mrgreen:
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

rjsa

You'll have to make sure it meets the rules, but other than that can't see why not.

And IMO, a good way to get started.

RicME85

Already asked that, yes you can, once you modify anything outside of what is stated in the intro rules then it automatically becomes a full class entrant.

cdsavage

Alonso Fan wrote:
12 Aug 2017, 17:09
Question for Chris:

This might sound cheeky and hopefully it won't come to this lbut is there anything stopping me from downloading the intro class geometry, modifying it and altering it and submitting it as a full entry? :mrgreen:
Yep, not a problem as long as it complies with the full rulebook.

etsmc

anyone else notice that the submission date in the latest email says 23.07.2017 should it be 20.08.2017? as that is listed on the website?

CAEdevice

Hi, after the last MLow update, I get this "oscillating" pressure integral on the engine inlet.

rjsa

I get this too.

Alonso Fan

how far along the car are cl(r) and cl(f) measured?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

rjsa

Wheel center

Alonso Fan

So they are exact values at a point rather than general values?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

rjsa

Times 1/2*rho*v2 will give the force on each axle.

AratzH

I must be very lucky. After figuring out why my simulations wouldn'g go past the blockMesh step (it had to do with the MPI implementation I had) I get very stable intake figures... Also noticeable less downforce and drag :shock:

MVRC -> TF

etsmc

Well, I think I will be submitting today as I can't seem to make any improvements to the car. Really struggling with making downforce and still keeping the flow to the HX.
And unless I can get a laptop setup with MantiumFlow on it then there will not be much development on the car for the race after either.

Goodluck for the next race I hope other's have been able to make more improvements than I, looking forward to the renders so I can see what other are doing.