2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

GPR-A wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 19:07
lio007 wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 18:17
Does anybody know why Mercedes has a new Head of Aerodynamics since July? What happened to Mike Elliot?
He is promoted and now the Technology Director. Not sure what exactly is the role.

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/merced ... e-elliott/
Ah... Thank you! When I read your post I thought what happened then to Geoff Willis who was Technology Director. But I recognized he became an other Director. ;-)

Phil

Catch Up with the Boss! Toto Wolff Answers YOUR Questions

Edit: not sure if the preview works. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ZO5JW_6KY

Interesting Q&A with Toto Wolff by Mercedes AMG, also regarding the upcoming race in Singapore.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

They launched "our" car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du8h0Rs6Hp0

And the F1 inthercooler layout is still secret. Not to be seen here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp0eZIWAiP4
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Phil

Nice one Bottas! Deserved. Happy for him!
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

PlatinumZealot

Yeah. Me too. He may not be a championship winning driver with Lewis there, at least without a heft dose of luck, but at least he can fight for poles and wins. Not a bad career for him so far. Even if he gets the boot in 2019 he can always go to another decent team.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

adrianjordan

As from this point onwards Ferrari will almost certainly throw everything behind Vettel to maximise his points and thus use Kimi as a clear No 2 driver, is it time for Mercedes to consolidate and ask Bottas to help Lewis, while also keeping an eye on getting Bottas past Vettel in the WDC?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bill_Kar

adrianjordan wrote:
18 Sep 2017, 18:14
As from this point onwards Ferrari will almost certainly throw everything behind Vettel to maximise his points and thus use Kimi as a clear No 2 driver, is it time for Mercedes to consolidate and ask Bottas to help Lewis, while also keeping an eye on getting Bottas past Vettel in the WDC?
Oh dear, nothing will change. The
throw everything behind Vettel to maximise his points and thus use Kimi as a clear No 2 driver
part is happening throughout this year.

Stalker1

Bottas is solid, no doubt about that, but he also have had more luck than, for example, Hulkenberg!

Raleigh

On the right tracks Bottas has been extremely quick but overall he is not quite on the pace of Lewis and especially in the rain there is a big gap.

I suppose it's a lot like Nico Rosberg if he had come into the team after Hamilton instead of the other way round, at least Nico shows a driver like that can beat Hamilton if he is prepared to fight hard enough and has a little luck.

PlatinumZealot

adrianjordan wrote:
Lewis will gladly take the help if given without him asking, but he will not agree to get help if offered before hand. On some occasions though, if it obvious that a teammate is holding him up in a race he will request for the teammate to move over which is not the same as asking for a teammate to work for him per-sey.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

The engines and operations need to be monitored closely in these dying stages of the season.
Ferrari has bullet proof reliability, even with the turbo issue for vettel.
A mech dnf should be avoided at all costs.
For Sure!!

dans79

adrianjordan wrote:
This showed up in my news/blog feed today.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/09/20/a ... -malaysia/

Kimi, must out score Lewis in Malaysia or he will be mathematically eliminated from the championship.

Now more than ever Bottas must prove he is a top tier driver, or he will probably be forced by management into a subservient role to combat how Kimi will be used by Ferrari.
197 104 103 7

Bill_Kar

I still believe Mercedes weekend was salvaged, but this trend can't go on. I just hope Bottas' race was useful in terms of data collection.If they can work the new package, I think they will be invincible.

NathanOlder

With only a few days before the cars need to be in Japan, it will be hard to do much surely. Maybe it will be Texas before we see anything from the updates again.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC