2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Far
Far

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

The Honda pu need 2000 people like Mercedes amg and as much money just to close de gap and I don't see any of these happen. McLaren known Honda will never catch the leader. They have the numbers and plans everyone else have just rumors.
Btw I think red bull will be better than McLaren next year they have worked together for a few years ago.

Stormy

Who cares what McLaren knows. Everything McLaren knows is not relevant for Renault. Those engines are way different and the foundations are already put so no one can implement from each other.

zoroastar
zoroastar

techman wrote:
19 Sep 2017, 10:42
yep Renault introduced it in Monaco gp 2016 and surprise they were better than Ferrari :wink:
the positive about the reliability issues of Honda its not so ICE related and they are doing some tricks (quoting Wazari hinting of much greener process ) perhaps the gearbox shifting issues was that Mclaren couldn't cope with this tricks
the thing about mclaren looking foolish i can guarantee you alot of Mclaren fans still wish if they stick with Honda
but they are just fans, Zak Brown , E.B , the administration will suffer the sequences.

completly agree. mclaren were hiding behind honda. its a shame honda did not have a benchmark chassis to use their engine. they got bashed for everthing. as we know honda tried to keep this team together and never said anything bad. anyway next season will open a lot of eyes in mclaren
thats funny, because pretty much everyone on the grid seem to think that the chassis is really good. everyone except for the honda fans in this forum. as far as honda "never saying anything bad", yea that tends to happen when you know that you have failed to pull your weight. its VERY obvious where the shortcomings are in mclaren honda team. it isnt the chassis, it damn sure isnt the drivers. that leaves us with the honda being left in the dust on every long straight on the calendar. i really like honda. and hasegawa seems like a real first class guy in a very hard situation, but the fact is all of hondas problems came from them failing miserably in producing a competitive PU .

etusch

Far wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 00:37
The Honda pu need 2000 people like Mercedes amg and as much money just to close de gap and I don't see any of these happen. McLaren known Honda will never catch the leader. They have the numbers and plans everyone else have just rumors.
Btw I think red bull will be better than McLaren next year they have worked together for a few years ago.
You think McLaren has numbers we have rumors? So Horner says Renault and Honda can't catch Ferrari and Mercedes. Do you think he's speaking rumors? Does it mean Honda can't catch Renault?

techman
techman

thats funny, because pretty much everyone on the grid seem to think that the chassis is really good. everyone except for the honda fans in this forum. as far as honda "never saying anything bad", yea that tends to happen when you know that you have failed to pull your weight. its VERY obvious where the shortcomings are in mclaren honda team. it isnt the chassis, it damn sure isnt the drivers. that leaves us with the honda being left in the dust on every long straight on the calendar. i really like honda. and hasegawa seems like a real first class guy in a very hard situation, but the fact is all of hondas problems came from them failing miserably in producing a competitive PU .

again u r bring up the blame game. it time steven get rid of this blame game. let wait and see in 2018. i will not be suprised at lot if redbull will finish ahead of that overated chassis

Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

etusch wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 09:41
Far wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 00:37
You think McLaren has numbers we have rumors? So Horner says Renault and Honda can't catch Ferrari and Mercedes. Do you think he's speaking rumors? Does it mean Honda can't catch Renault?
Think about it this way, McLaren know everything that has gone on with Renault and Red Bull, all the comments from Horner etc, know the ins and outs of the Honda power unit and Honda's plans for next year but have still decided to go for that Renault power unit. What does that tell you?

marvin78
marvin78

It could tell us that they did not think that through entirely. You never know what people think. The argument that a multi million dollar firm always thinks things through is not valid. I work for multiple of those firms and you would be surprised how many decisions are not based on "thinking it through" (and I do not mean the decsisions that made me work for them ;)).

techman
techman

Think about it this way, McLaren know everything that has gone on with Renault and Red Bull, all the comments from Horner etc, know the ins and outs of the Honda power unit and Honda's plans for next year but have still decided to go for that Renault power unit. What does that tell you?

mclaren wanted out of honda from begining from the start of season. mclaren want to keep alonso. and alonso has said he will sign only if mclaren finds another engine partner. the spec 4 is coming but mclaren dont believe them so they parted ways. is it the right move by mclaren?. redbull horner said in sky sport they have a veto to stop renault supply mclaren, but they did not use it because they know that renault is not that impressive so they would not stop renault from supplying mclaren and honda can pass them in 2018.let see in 2018. cant wait
Last edited by techman on 20 Sep 2017, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.

ZakB
ZakB

Stormy wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 00:47
Who cares what McLaren knows. Everything McLaren knows is not relevant for Renault. Those engines are way different and the foundations are already put so no one can implement from each other.
That's nonsense, you can always learn, even when it can't be applied directly.

bigblue

Boullier interview at formula1.com
EB: Ha, well, I have been living now for nine years in the UK and you definitely can feel a difference in culture. And when it comes to understanding different cultures I stepped massively up with Honda. But being a foreigner in the UK, I sometimes was the ‘peacemaker’ between Japan and the UK, certainly in terms of tone and bridging the gap between the Honda and McLaren culture. But to be honest, we already had a meeting about cultural differences with our new partner. You try to ease things to get the best relationship possible.
Ahem. I think Wazari may explode ! :-)

dren

Probably a PR response to Honda's statement that Mclaren wasn't willing to accept different culture/accept change.
Honda!

Mad
Mad

Joseki wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 15:02
I remember that a lot of people were sure that Honda would never let McLaren leave without paying a huge amount of money, that McLaren wouldn't be able to pay Alonso's salary next year and so on.

Where has that money come from? Did Zak managed to escape Honda for free?
It was an amicable split...That could mean both side decided to end the contract without paying any penalty. Honda saw the opportunity to go to the Redbull route, which makes sense. They will get to work on the Pu next year, without any pressure. Since Renault isn't keen on supplying Redbull from 2019, Honda could be their only option.

So Mclaren to Redbull..Thats an upgrade. Why not take it.

And Alonso will surely take a paycut.

adrianjordan

I think this thread would only be a few pages longer than any other if all the squabbling and bickering and off topic posts were deleted.

I don't know why I keep coming back in hoping for order to have returned!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

aral
aral

Would you guys have a look at the title of the thread! 2017 McLaren F1 Team-Honda ! You seem to want to have arguments about everything from the colour of Alonsos underwear to the renault engine of 2018. So a large number of off-topic posts have been removed. Warnings have been given before and when you post off-topic comments, then do not be surprised when they disappear. :evil:

RS200E

adrianjordan wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 17:31
I think this thread would only be a few pages longer than any other if all the squabbling and bickering and off topic posts were deleted.

I don't know why I keep coming back in hoping for order to have returned!!
Yeah was just thinking that. And it's always the same people. Think it wouldbe better if they were blocked from this thread if they don't have anything factual to say.

How many times do the mods have to clear this place up and warn them. Far too lenient.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!