2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Post by Sevach » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 am

zeph wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:31 am
Phil wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 am
I also wonder how far the element of fear goes inside Ferrari. I cant help but think that Ferrari puts more pressure on their team, engineers and staff because they see it as a necessity to win again.
That is the stuff of F1 legend, isn't it? The Commendatore firmly believed that fear was essential to get the most out of people, and he certainly ran the Scuderia that way.

Ironically, Ferrari's most successful period was when Todt and Brawn kept Montezemolo at bay and the F1 team could breathe a little more easily and just get on with the job. After they left, Montezemolo reverted back to the time-honored Cult of Fear, and well, the results speak for themselves, methinks.

Now Marchionne thinks he can do the same, brilliant. I'm just sitting here watching Ferrari make history repeat itself, and think about the words of Villeneuve and Alonso.
Thus far they are only hiring and re-estructuring, if it continues it will be a nice change of pace from the people getting axed left, right and center we've been seeing since Todt left.

ripper

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Post by ripper » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 am

On italian Motorsport there's written that Maria Mendoza will become new Supplier Quality Manager (or quality check, something like that). She comes from FCA, she was leader of Supplier Quality Powertrain EMEA division.