Bathurst

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

Re: Bathurst

Post by J.A.W. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 am

carisi2k wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:05 am
J.A.W. wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:46 am
Safety..

It is an entirely predictable & avoidable crash causation factor..
Not a 60km/h (official speed limit) it isn't. The circuit is heavily patrolled by the police to make sure people don't think they are lowdnesy or McLaughlin. People like myself can park alongside the track or visit one of the vineyards alongside the circuit.

A photo of mine from the circuit.
https://www.facebook.com/SydneyNswFoami ... =3&theater

Patrolled 24/7 - ah, no.. it aint..

& for visitors mentally conditioned - by only seeing the track in race-mode..
..the temptation to lapse into a racing line is pre-programmed..

A one-way restriction - is so self-evidently a no-brainer - safety-wise..
..but judging by how they operate, it does not surprise me that the NSW RTA - are unable to impress this on the locals..
Sturmbannfuehrer Dr von Braun sez..
"Oberste Prioritat hat es Londoner Terror zu vergelten. Und danach, der Mondflug!"

carisi2k

Re: Bathurst

Post by carisi2k » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 am

How do you know it isn't patrolled 24/7. Every time I go to bathurst outside of a race weekend there has always been highway patrols either driving around the circuit or sitting on the side of the road at the chase. Speaking to locals it would seem to be common practice.

The RTA is now the RMS and having police patrol the circuit is a really good generator of income for the police.