USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jddh1

USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

http://www.usf1.com/
(Yeah, I know, it's just a logo)

Any thoughts on this new up-and-coming challenge from the US? I'll surely be rooting for them, after Ferrari of course.
Does anyone have any information on this? At what stage are the preparations? They claim to have he HQs in North Carolina but wouldn't it be difficult not to have a European base in terms of the logistics?
Last edited by jddh1 on 23 May 2009, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

donskar

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

jddh1 wrote:http://www.usf1.com/
(Yeah, I know, it's just to logo)

Any thoughts on this new up-and-coming challenge from the US? I'll surely be rooting for them, after Ferrari of course.
Does anyone have any information on this? At what stage are the preparations? They claim to have he HQs in North Carolina but wouldn't it be difficult not to have a European base in terms of the logistics?
Far too soon to say whether or not they have any credible chance. One thing is certain, this is the worst time in decades to be out looking for sponsorship.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual

Yes, but in the next 2 years, there will be ALOT of unemployed talent coming from the F1 teams, so this may be an employment opportunity for them?

ISLAMATRON

They would be foolish not to even look at the Honda assets up for sale, but that is if Fry would even give them a chance.

WhiteBlue

If they had guts (or money) they would buy Honda F1 and go to Melbourne.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Conceptual

WhiteBlue wrote:If they had guts (or money) they would buy Honda F1 and go to Melbourne.
But then it wouldn't be "All American".

One has to wonder if they already have the facilities, or if they will team up with US manufacturers like Scaled Composites or Boeing. I would think that it would be better to get the Chrysler branded Ferrari engine/KERS, hire Gascoyne and a few others, and start immediately on the 2010 challenger.

Imagine what they could learn just by studying the 2009 season progressions and interpretations without the pressure of competing 17 races. They may very well show up with a legitimate challenger in 2010 if they play their cards right.

It will be great to see the pressure this puts on Bernie for races in the US as well.

This is enough to make me get serious about finishing a degree. If there is a company so close to home, it would be great to see what positions are available. :P

xpensive

Surely this is as serious as when Dan Gurney and Phil Hill vowed to enter F1 with their own team a couple of years ago.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Conceptual

xpensive wrote:Surely this is as serious as when Dan Gurney and Phil Hill vowed to enter F1 with their own team a couple of years ago.
ARE YOU DOUBTING THE SERIOUSNESS OF A WEBSITE WITH A LOGO?!?!?!

OMG, j00 r teh sux.

xpensive

Your balaclava...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Jersey Tom

Hey. You never know. I'm keeping my eye on it.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

cba_

That logo reminds me of something. Always great with a team, even if its not noging to work :)

Carbon

I've got a bridge that I'm selling....anyone interested?

modbaraban

Carbon wrote:I've got a bridge that I'm selling....anyone interested?
Would shipping be an option or you want someone local to pick it up? :-k

Back on topic tho.

Since Ferrari and Chrysler were mentioned I was thinking, maybe it's another way for FIAT to get into F1 with a second team. They may buy the Brackly team for 2009 or STR for 2010 which is only good if they have the US facilities handy, unless the regilations allow to use some Ferrari designs.

tk421

I'm just daydreaming here, since all we have is a fairly unimaginitive-looking logo, but I'd love to see a big shootout for the two seats: Scott Speed, Marco Andretti, Scott Sharp, Danica Patrick, Graham Rahal, Patrick Long, Buddy Rice, Carl Edwards, AJ Almendinger, Kyle Busch, Foyt IV, etc. In a couple years Alex Rossi (FBMW America Champ, FBMW World Final Winner) could take a shot at a seat. Anyway, :roll: I like the idea of a US Team, but we'll see where it goes...
Last edited by tk421 on 05 Feb 2009, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!